• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomba13

The only purps I get are fucking emotes. Yay... something I can spam at the start of the match but then never use when playing.

The only good thing about KOTH is that most of the maps have a cliff/pit for players to get bopped into. With Pharah, I always get a commendation for environmental kills using her Concussive Blast.

Ferrio

Banned
Really? The aim was way off and then it quickly snaps to my head? I don't think so.

They didn't even snap to your head right away they went half way then corrected their aim and got the headshot. Also the shooting they did prior to that you could see them tracking you in a very human way.

You'd of been dead a hell of a lot quicker if it was a hack.

You should probably get used to it, there's going to be a lot of good windowmakers that make this one look like an amateur.

Man, three matches in and my friend is already spazzing out. My god, we're not playing ranked. He freaks out over everything.

I was having more fun by myself lol.

SDCowboy

Looks fine to me aswell

This coming from a person who played cs 1.6, source and cs:go, it's pretty much no skill at all doing that, people do way more crazy shit on those games and are not cheaters.

Yeah some people on this game are absurdly good.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
ughh i wanna go home and play

Why can't I choose a playlist with the game type I like, quick play and arcade are really the only choices?

ranked play is coming, but i hope it's treated the same as quick play - the server picks the map / mode and you just play. keeps things fresh.

Arken2121

They didn't even snap to your head right away they went half way then corrected their aim and got the headshot. Also the shooting they did prior to that you could see them tracking you in a very human way.

You'd of been dead a hell of a lot quicker if it was a hack.

You should probably get used to it, there's going to be a lot of good windowmakers that make this one look like an amateur.

Fair enough, appreciate the input

Dragoshi1

After you equip them from the loot box or hero gallery, press down on the d-pad when in a match and you should see an option for it. Highlight it/select it with the right stick to use it

Woah, ok, never noticed anything new in there, I'll try it. Thanks!

So many complaints of no tanks or supports. I play with a group of 2 to 4 most times. No shortages for me (although usually I have to fill one of those two roles).

Blizzard

Banned
Fair enough, appreciate the input
I'm a really mediocre CS:GO player, but my understanding is that snipers used a similar techinque there. People would track with the mouse, then snap at the last second and hope for a headshot. With tons of practice, people apparently get a reflex down for snapping the proper distance with a mouse.

CoLaN

Man, three matches in and my friend is already spazzing out. My god, we're not playing ranked. He freaks out over everything.

I was having more fun by myself lol.

Even if you play ranked, if you are getting angry every time you are basically losing focus (tables can be turned in a second) and wasting your time by not having fun

Cmagus

Had a bunch of really good matches today and a ton of player of the games with D.VA. Is the only way to get loot boxes by leveling up? I would really like to get the D.VA stinger legendary.

Tabby

Winston is great fun on that arcade mode. Just jumping all over the place.
So is Pharah. It'd be great to set up a custom game with only Pharahs and reduced cooldowns. Air fight for days.

Had a bunch of really good matches today and a ton of player of the games with D.VA. Is the only way to get loot boxes by leveling up? I would really like to get the D.VA stinger legendary.
You can buy them with real money. You also get ingame currency that you collect to buy whatever you want.

Voror

Possibly stupid question but how do you use things like sprays and such? I've won a few but am not clear on how to use them.

Gaz_RB

I'm a really mediocre CS:GO player, but my understanding is that snipers used a similar techinque there. People would track with the mouse, then snap at the last second and hope for a headshot. With tons of practice, people apparently get a reflex down for snapping the proper distance with a mouse.

This is how I snipe on PS4 as well. Drag shotting.

So does Overwatch match full teams of 6 only against other large teams, or do they get thrown in against full random teams too? I feel like I've been in nothing but pubstomp matches today with the way the other teams have been flawlessly coordinating attacks to pick off threats before charging in with 4-6 ults to take an objective.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Play KOTH as Hanzo

2 guys flame cause im Hanzo and Hanzo is shit for KOTH
I give 0 fucks cause Hanzo

Get a loss with me having Gold in kills, Gold in objective kills, Gold in damage and Silver in Objective time.

>.<

Think I did a solid job considering we had 2 tanks, a healer a tracer and JUSTICE FROM BELOW

Such flame during end game screen.
Im laughing hard.

Arken2121

Had no idea. Just seemed awkward to someone who hasn't seen it before(outside of an aimbot)

HariKari

Really? The aim was way off and then it quickly snaps to my head? I don't think so.

Wasn't even a headshot, you had 148 hp. Your fault for coming out on a competent widow you know is posted up on you. She struggled with easy bodyshots a minute before that, really doesn't look like a botter.

mbpm1

So that's how they do it.

I need to level up my fps game

I've gotten fuck all up to level 15 from the chests. Said to myself "I bet my dog has better luck than me", and had him give me five while my hand was on the mouse with the cursor over loot box...

Legendary skin for Reaper.

Whelp, guess my dog is opening all my loot boxes from now on.

Okami get!
latest

I hate you.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Don't throw her bubble up preemptively (or at least, not unless damage is about to happen RIGHT THIS SECOND.) It's too short lived so there's no point. Wait until you, or your ally are taking fire. Take advantage of corners to make hit and run attacks. Half your health bar is a regenerating shield, but that's only advantageous if you pull back when injured to let it regenerate. A high charge is a valuable thing, so don't play suicidal. Team up with someone who has a mean aoe ult to get the most out of yours, or failing that, lob high charge mortar shots into the clump of enemies when you pop it.

See above. Yes and no. LIke I said, can't pop it preemptively, but if you through that shit up during current, or right before imminent big damage, you will rapidly gain charge. If you throw up a bubble and eat a bastion burst or a d.va mech suicide, you've gone from 0 to 50. There's definitely a timing element to it, and to some degree you're reliant on enemy players feeding you, but it's still totally doable to build up charge.

Gotcha! Thanks for the info and tips!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom