• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric WK

McRee is fucking awesome
giphy.gif

Yes, yes he is:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/New Bermuda/video/17894360

Barely touched him in beta, but he's become my favorite offense character.

Sifl

There needs to be a mode where there's some sort of restriction of team comp. Too many gamaes where there's doubles of characters like Hanzo and Widow while you're attacking and you get steamrolled. Also I'm sick of playing Lucio/Zenyatta everymatch because literally no one wants to play support.

As a Mac user who had grown accustomed to Blizzard's dope-as-hell Mac ports, I am actually kinda happy this one won't get a port, because it means the game can be much better as porting is hell on earth.
Enjoy it, guys, while I cry in my steam library

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
There needs to be a mode where there's some sort of restriction of team comp. Too many gamaes where there's doubles of characters like D.va and Mei while you're attacking and you get steamrolled. Also I'm sick of playing Lucio/Zenyatta everymatch because literally no one wants to play support.

Fixed that for you.

I played the beta on low setings with a amd radeon 6760 graphics card at 20 fps, and my friend just gave me his old gtx 650 a few hours before launch day. I felt like Neo stepping out of the matrix for the first time, the difference is massive. With my new found boost, I immediately fell in love with Mei and Lucio. I still can't wrap my head around Mercy or Zenyatta, but Lucio is such a blast to play.

Wanderer5

Oh damn I just realize that MVP means Most Valuable Player, and I had gotten it with a 86% of match on fire with Lucio lol, unless MVP means something else in this game.

So what's the limit on how long a match can last? And does it just end the game in a draw or send you to the main menu?

I realize there's a timer btw. I'm talking about sudden death. If you wanted to force it.

So what's the limit on how long a match can last? And does it just end the game in a draw or send you to the main menu?

I realize there's a timer btw. I'm talking about sudden death. If you wanted to force it.

I think on the king of the hill gametype if no one caps it it lasts forever. We did that in custom games in the beta.

Plesiades

I've seen a console message that says "Match ended because it lasted too long" or something like that. Maybe they have a system in place if Overtime goes on forever.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
As a Mac user who had grown accustomed to Blizzard's dope-as-hell Mac ports, I am actually kinda happy this one won't get a port, because it means the game can be much better as porting is hell on earth.
Enjoy it, guys, while I cry in my steam library

Hmm, I don't think the Mac port held back any of Blizzard's games. Mac is not the lowest common denominator for their games.

Hmm, I don't think the Mac port held back any of Blizzard's games. Mac is not the lowest common denominator for their games.
Listen, I am up close and personal with Mac ports.
It's a rarity, but even I can agree with people who put porting at the bottom of the barrel; sometimes, it's not even cost effective, because the gaming market share for Macs is much lower than for Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom