• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatjuhR

I'm now of the opinion that the loot boxes primarily give out equipment for characters you don't play. The first legendary skin I pulled since the beta is the Okami skin for Hanzo. I have absolutely no intentions of ever using Hanzo since not only do I hate snipers with a burning passion, but I'm a controller user and couldn't aim even if I wanted to. Alongside that I've pulled tons of Widowmaker and Reaper skins, but not even a voice line for Mercy, Lucio, Mei, D.Va or Zarya.

Overwatch be trolling. I got a legendary thing (didn't even bother to check it out further) for D.Va and probably will never touch her again after playing with her in the beta.

RevenWolf

To be fair, if no one else in your team picks a healer, and you wait with picking your character. I feel like you should be the one to pick whatever your team needs

Yup plus the three main healers run such a unique gambit of diffences that you don't necessarily have to change your play style much while picking them.

not sure about anyone else here on the pc version but even at 144hz with 144fps I still get screen tearing, which I don't think was present in open beta.

Scanna

I'm having a blast with this, got to experiment a bit more than I did in the beta, fell in love yesterday night with a single game using Zenyatta, can't wait to try him out more later.
Jumping between Hanzo, Soldier 76, Torbjorn at the moment, will try some more tanks cause Reinhardt is kinda lame imo.

One thing guys: how do you silence team members? There were some very loud spanish kids earlier that I'd have loved to shut up :)

Nugg

I'm now of the opinion that the loot boxes primarily give out equipment for characters you don't play. The first legendary skin I pulled since the beta is the Okami skin for Hanzo. I have absolutely no intentions of ever using Hanzo since not only do I hate snipers with a burning passion, but I'm a controller user and couldn't aim even if I wanted to. Alongside that I've pulled tons of Widowmaker and Reaper skins, but not even a voice line for Mercy, Lucio, Mei, D.Va or Zarya.

I've played 95% D.Va since release, and my level 12 loot box had a legendary D.Va skin. It's just RNG playing tricks on you.

I don't think the people who get their first legendary skin at level 20 realize that they're not having bad luck. Judging by the posts in this thread, it sounds more like average luck, lol.

I've yet to get my first legendary skin.

Zaventem

I don't think the people who get their first legendary skin at level 20 realize that they're not having bad luck. Judging by the posts in this thread, it sounds more like average luck, lol.

I think it's just the beta gave me so much. I had like 3 at that level, 1k in gold etc. Maybe you're right though, gonna level to 30 then open 10 of em see how that goes.

Tecnniqe

Banned

I'd say the avg is around a legendary every 20-25 boxes.

Personally I got a few and got my first at level 4 so

Swag

Is anybody here voting for the support/ healer when they get listed at the end? i always do to thank them. Yesterday one did such a great job he even got votes from the other team :D

Really like to play as mercy and Lucio.
This usually happens to me when I play, healers getting the commendations unless someone else does something amazing in the Play of the Game. Seems to be decent appreciation for the efforts of the supports on PS4 at least.

Klyka

Banned
Tuesday was Tracer and Pharah day.
Yesterday was Genji day.
I now have 2+ hours with each of them.

Today I was thinking about either playing McCree or Hanzo.

Cade

Oh man, two KOTH maps in a row. It's my lucky streak. Hope I get a loot box soon.

Seriously, WHEN will we get split playlists? Or just a Control only playlist?

please

Jb

Learning to play Tracer well is so much fun. It's basically being as annoying as possible for the enemy team, flanking them and killing their snipers and healers. Now that I know most of the maps I'm finally getting a handle on how to play her properly.

Mei is amazing in ANY defence scenario. It's just amazing to be the No Fun Police. You block people, they can't push in number, you pick them appart. You heal back, it's amazing to be so annoying to them haha I just have a blast being a jerk. It what Tracer can be, but I don't have enough skill and hand coordination to play Tracer in an efficient way yet. Mei has a very low skill to efficiency ratio from the get go and I recommend her to anyone who wants to play defense and not be a tank or a bastion lol

For the peeps that play mercy when's the correct time to damage boost?

When they push and don't need immediate heal or don't take tons of fire.

Or when a Soldier or Lucio or Zenyatta lay heal, I can focus on dmg boost as heal is already underway

TheYanger

For the peeps that play mercy when's the correct time to damage boost?

Additionally to what others are saying, if you're quick at reacting, boost people who start ulting. A boosted ult is going to clean up significantly faster than a non-boosted one, it's helpful to anticipate them but even if you can't because of pugging and no communication, if you hear your Pharah, McCree, Reaper start their game, RIGHT CLICK them. McCree's ult is WAY better with a mercy, the circles fill super fast.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
does anyone have any recommendations for write-ups or videos on the different classes and some of the better ways to play / counter?

Maximo

A mercy question I think I know the answer but ill ask anyway, how does Boosting damage work with certain ults. Will a boost AFTER they cast their ult still boost the damage, what if one is a persistent one like Mei, if she casts it and THEN I boost her will it increase the ult damage? Or if I ult a Junkrat after he uses his tire.

Johndoey

Banned
I really can not play Zarya when solo'ing I just get destroyed

What issue are you running into? Once I resolved to basically use her plasma launcher alt. fire pretty much exclusively I was good, and of course shielding whenever possible.

----------
I just can't use tracer, the Blink is too disorientating for me.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
This game is so fantastic, it's from TF1 and Counterstrike (original) that a multiplayer FPS didn't catch my interest as this. Overwatch and DooM are - for different reasons - two of the best FPS ever for me as is now. I'm hyped playing them as if I'm still a teenager... T.T

LiK

Pharah is my girl. I do the best with her. Seems like she fits my playstyle. I did well with Mercy in one map as well. Playing hide and seek while healing is kinda hilarious. It's a good character to play as when you're tired of shooting people.

Mei is amazing in ANY defence scenario. It's just amazing to be the No Fun Police. You block people, they can't push in number, you pick them appart. You heal back, it's amazing to be so annoying to them haha I just have a blast being a jerk. It what Tracer can be, but I don't have enough skill and hand coordination to play Tracer in an efficient way yet. Mei has a very low skill to efficiency ratio from the get go and I recommend her to anyone who wants to play defense and not be a tank or a bastion lol

jd5zaxS.png
yhmIIEh.png

Maffis

I really can not play Zarya when solo'ing I just get destroyed

It's always harder when people aren't coordinated. I play Zarya alot and my tip is to harass enemies as much as you can, but make sure you don't take more than 200 damage. She has shields which will regenerate so just keep poking on enemies and make sure to use your bubbles effectively so you can boost your damage.

Don't be afraid to just focus low hp heroes and rush in. When they start firing back just use your bubble and melt their faces, or use it to escape. She is great at running into peoples faces and survive.

Matt Frost

i think mei is a bit overtuned aswell. the self-heal is a bit much. she already has 250 hp.

Yes, she is a little bit overtuned... but McGree is worse, man that stun grenade combined with the alternate fire L2 is amazing. Need to learn to play as him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom