• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahadan

I'm surprised at how nice player are actually. Maybe because they're silent most of the time :lol:

But a large amount of them are always congratulating everyone at the end regardless of the outcome.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I kinda wish that mercys healing beam had more pinch to it, get damage beam is fun to use because it feels good to shoot but the heal beam animation and sounds just feel so boring and kind of pathetic.

On the mode where one team tries to capture points and the other defend them, the following team is phenomenal:

2 Lucios
4 Soldiers

Have one of the Lucios speed boost at the beggining of the round and have everyone go to the capture point, have the other lucio do his speed boost when the other runs out.

Congrats, your whole team is now on the capture point, with the capture like at 75% before the enemies reach you, and then you have 4 soldiers picking up the guys that arrive first :p

If you're talking about Control/KOTH, you can't even capture the point that early in the match. The other team would still be able to get there in decent time, and they'll most likely have at least one Lucio anyway

Joyful

game could use a higher tickrate thats my only complaint

its really noticeable as tracer or reinhardt as hes big around corners

MUnited83

For you.
If you're talking about Control/KOTH, you can't even capture the point that early in the match. The other team would still be able to get there in decent time, and they'll most likely have at least one Lucio anyway

Assault/Point Capture. Worked wonders on Volskaya Industries

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Wonder if they added something console-specific then. I'm also using elite controller but on PC and not noticing anything weird. Hopefully they can fix that.

IIRC controller tuning for consoles was done by Treyarch which isn't present in the PC version.

Vintage

On the mode where one team tries to capture points and the other defend them, the following team is phenomenal:

2 Lucios
4 Soldiers

Have one of the Lucios speed boost at the beggining of the round and have everyone go to the capture point, have the other lucio do his speed boost when the other runs out.

Congrats, your whole team is now on the capture point, with the capture like at 75% before the enemies reach you, and then you have 4 soldiers picking up the guys that arrive first :p

Yeah, I've been on a team with 5 sollies and 1 Lucio, it was one-sided match, but If enemy team uses their brain, it's not hard to adapt to imo.

I also think Play of the Game is pretty useless and the game would be better without it - it only focuses on frags, but some great plays by Reinhart, Lucio or Mei is never recognised.

I also think Play of the Game is pretty useless and the game would be better without it - it only focuses on frags, but some great plays by Reinhart, Lucio or Mei is never recognised.

Yeah, they should make the POTG more intelligent. Right now it feels like it's set to "CoD mode" and mostly values fragging.

Foxxsoxx

Any groups currently going on for PS4? Solo play makes me bleed internally in this game. PSN is Fakehound, feel free to shoot an invite.

MUnited83

For you.
Still doesn't make sense.

The defending team has like a minute to setup ?

With the Soldier's sprint boosted by Lucio you can avoid all the people camping up at the exit, and by using a second Lucio boost the team will get there way before anyone would think they would be there, so for the most part there will be one or two people there, usually people easily deal with like Symettra or Mei. If you're lucky enough, you might even be able to speed boost once again to get to the second point if the other team had the bad idea of picking up slower characters.

Apathy

Yeah Junkrat just destroys faces. Just chill with him and whoops, you just ended the round with like 25-3 without realizing. His traps are great as well, spam them too.

Also a potg machine.

That's one of the worst ways to play Junkrat. Be aggressive. Learn to use your mine jump to fly all over the place or to be used in combo for quick kills or hitting pharas or knocking people away. Sure you can be passive but people expect that and counter you. They don't expect aggressive plays

Only Junkrats ULT does self damage.

My fav thing about JR is using his C4 as a boost jump.

No, his grenades do self damage to him, same with pharah and soldier

Lesath

Finally got a PotG as Mercy, diving to the first capture point in King's Row and resurrecting like 4 people there as the overtime clock finally started ticking down. I don't think I'm ever going to top that moment.

KrawlMan

2 Lucios
4 Soldiers

a fast win isn't an enjoyable one in my mind

Spinluck

Went against a team of 6 Mei's.

Couldn't even exit our spawn at the beginning lol...

Anyway, we won all 3 matches, fuck those cheesers.

Spinluck

I'm surprised there's not more noise about the console aiming being borked. Blizzard's inexperience with console shooters shows here.

There's some kind of sensitivity / deadzone issue and it drives me nuts, it's like I'm fighting the controller to aim.

Yeah the aiming feels slightly off at times.

What setting do you guys play at?

slash3584

What is the best way to bait Bastion guns with Genji?

The first day almost every bastion attacked immediately after spotting me, but now it's a psychological warfare trying to guess the exact moment to use reflect :(

Played a 5 Junkrat defense (with one reaper, because someone has to) and won earlier tonight. Most fun I've had with this game.

Also, I love playing Mei on Hanamura. She is too strong on defense on that map. Played with a Torb and Symmetra where they built the defenses inside the wall before A, a Hanzo in the side entrance, a Roadhog to distract and cause panic, and a 76 who did... something. All I did the whole time was ice wall and headshot them with Icycles. They never even set a foot inside the objective.

What is the best way to bait Bastion guns with Genji?

Throwing shuriken a few times should do it. Then it's kill or be killed.

what I don't like about a lot of random groups is that people try to kill the enemy tank or enemy DD first...but they should kill their Mercy first :/. Kill the freaking heal.

And this is why I love me a good Winston.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
what I don't like about a lot of random groups is that people try to kill the enemy tank or enemy DD first...but they should kill their Mercy first :/. Kill the freaking heal.

packy34

Bought Ow yesterday on ps4 digital and linked my b.net account but still did not receive Tracer for HotS. Can anyone advice?

Are the console versions supposed to give bonuses other than the skins? I can understand if they don't since HOTS is PC exclusive.

I'm sorry if this sounds as a noob question but, should I buy the game on my PC?

The $40 price is very tempting and my PC can run the game at max settings but that is exactly what happened with Battlefront I got it cheaper and the game looked amazing but the population is dead now

Xater

I'm sorry if this sounds as a noob question but, should I buy the game on my PC?

The $40 price is very tempting and my PC can run the game at max settings but that is exactly what happened with Battlefront I got it cheaper and the game looked amazing but the population is dead now

Blizzard games don't die.

packy34

Blizzard and PC go hand in hand. The community isn't going anywhere.

I just bought it for the PC, this being a blizzard game means it will have long term support plus I honestly doubt the population will die down where it is unplayable. The game is just so much fun

It's a fucking Blizzard game

BigDug13

I feel like I'm getting worse at this game as I sink more hours into it. Not sure how that's possible. Spent the evening dying over and over. I felt like I should be reviewing FPS games for Polygon.

Blizzard games don't die.

Blizzard and PC go hand in hand. The community isn't going anywhere.

I just bought it for the PC, this being a blizzard game means it will have long term support plus I honestly doubt the population will die down where it is unplayable. The game is just so much fun

It's a fucking Blizzard game

All right thank you for your help guys/gals I have been out of the loop in terms of PC gaming in the last couple of years so I don't want to make the same mistake again, I will buy the game on my PC tomorrow thanks again!

I'm surprised at how nice player are actually. Maybe because they're silent most of the time :lol:

But a large amount of them are always congratulating everyone at the end regardless of the outcome.
The commend system works well for this. Good play is good play, regardless of whether the person was on the opposing team.

I feel like I'm getting worse at this game as I sink more hours into it. Not sure how that's possible. Spent the evening dying over and over. I felt like I should be reviewing FPS games for Polygon.

I don't even think about dying anymore. It doesn't mean anything to me. As long as the objective is being pushed or kept at bay, I'm happy. Then again, I'm someone who always contests the point when the whole enemy team is in there, if it's needed. That's why I love this game - because fuck K/D, I won.

packy34

Try other heroes. Counter what the other team is throwing at you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom