• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimmiq

Just got the Ra Zenyatta skin, though something screwed up and for some reason it was overlapped by a blue Soldier skin..still got it but it looked weird having the 2 models melded into eachother.

I don't even think about dying anymore. It doesn't mean anything to me. As long as the objective is being pushed or kept at bay, I'm happy. Then again, I'm someone who always contests the point when the whole enemy team is in there, if it's needed. That's why I love this game - because fuck K/D, I won.

True, but dying and getting back to the objective wastes a lot of time

PatjuhR

I had to play as tank yesterday because we needed one and I was getting slaughtered as Reinhard, so I tried Roadhog which I terrible failed before, but I suddenly had a very good run. Really enjoyed playing him and I'll definately play him more.

Love his chain pulling and selfhealing. Together with a good healer you are OP

f8AmuUX.jpg

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just played my first ever game as Pharah. Destroyed. Gold medals in Objective kills, eliminations, damage done. Constantly forcing the other team to give up chokepoints and killing supports.

We lost. I mean, I get it. People like playing Reaper and Roadhog. But at least understand that your character of choice is poop and play with that in mind.

pigeon

Banned
I feel like this game needs a spy or sabotaging class because sometimes the turret spam is unbearable. Especially on that Japanese map with the giant door.

Turrets are way, way weaker in this game than in TF2.

If you're having trouble with turrets, play a tank. All four tanks can just walk up to a turret and destroy it pretty easily (Roadhog might have trouble? I dunno, I can't play him).

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
If you had told me during the beta that one of my most played heroes when the game went live would be Genji I would have laughed at you. I played maybe 2 games as Genji during the entirety of the closed and open betas, but he's just TOO good at countering all the Bastion spam from the noobs. It's especially easy because 99% of all Bastions just hold down left click while AFK, so you don't even have to try to bait out the deflection.

Xyber

I have been quote lucky so far with my boxes. Lvl 14 with 3 gold and 2 purples. Think I got 3 cool skins in the beta weekend in about 30 levels.

slash3584

I'm surprised at how nice player are actually. Maybe because they're silent most of the time :lol:

But a large amount of them are always congratulating everyone at the end regardless of the outcome.

Yeah i'm surprised too.

Yesterday I had a pretty funny moment as Torbjörn.

I used his ultimate to kill 2 or 3 enemies on a choke point but a Reaper surprised me while repairing my turret and slammed him to death with the hammer by pure luck. Then I brain farted and stood still, crouched, un-crouched and put down a new turret just a centimeters away of the already lvl 2 turret from the rush and confusion of that interchange.

That was POTG and everybody voted for me probably because of that brain fart.

1upsuper

This has probably been asked before but would this game be suitable for someone novice to the genre? I have played very few F/TPSs in my life - the main turn off for me being the gritty or realistic settings, to be frank. However, I got way into Splatoon thanks in part to its charming aesthetic. I understand these are very different games, but Overwatch's art style appeals to me and I'd like to get into another online-heavy game for when I need a break from Dark Souls PVP, which is currently the only online MP game I play. Thanks!

Nugg

I'm surprised at how nice player are actually. Maybe because they're silent most of the time :lol:

But a large amount of them are always congratulating everyone at the end regardless of the outcome.

Yes maybe it's just the beginning but people are actually cool. Some guy said at the end of a game last night "of course the potg is stupid bastion" then the POTG played and he said "oh shit that was actually tight", made me smile. People seem to actually enjoy the game and have a good time, it's great.

Is anybody here voting for the support/ healer when they get listed at the end? i always do to thank them. Yesterday one did such a great job he even got votes from the other team :D

Really like to play as mercy and Lucio.

Makikou

Yes maybe it's just the beginning but people are actually cool. Some guy said at the end of a game last night "of course the potg is stupid bastion" then the POTG played and he said "oh shit that was actually tight", made me smile. People seem to actually enjoy the game and have a good time, it's great.

Well everytime i see a Bastion PotG i'm definetly expecting the same old sit in a corner and hold M1 type of play. If it's not that or someone driving around in tank mode then i'd be saying it's hella tight too :D

I hope some of those week long brawl will be "X only". I always have fun with things like that.

Imagine the clusterfuck of two teams full of Symmetras and their sentries.
Mercy only ❤️

This has probably been asked before but would this game be suitable for someone novice to the genre? I have played very few F/TPSs in my life - the main turn off for me being the gritty or realistic settings, to be frank. However, I got way into Splatoon thanks in part to its charming aesthetic. I understand these are very different games, but Overwatch's art style appeals to me and I'd like to get into another online-heavy game for when I need a break from Dark Souls PVP, which is currently the only online MP game I play. Thanks!
Absolutely

Mei is my safe space. Easy to use, so incredibly effective, and can chain together some excellent stuff.

Plus, she is, of course, adorable.

I'm loving this game.

I'm now of the opinion that the loot boxes primarily give out equipment for characters you don't play. The first legendary skin I pulled since the beta is the Okami skin for Hanzo. I have absolutely no intentions of ever using Hanzo since not only do I hate snipers with a burning passion, but I'm a controller user and couldn't aim even if I wanted to. Alongside that I've pulled tons of Widowmaker and Reaper skins, but not even a voice line for Mercy, Lucio, Mei, D.Va or Zarya.

Nyx

Playing solo as Winston is tough.

People, when I'm jumping in to the capture zone and put down a shield, please follow me and push instead of leaving me to die while you run around looking for the best sniper spot.

Klyka

Banned
It's so funny when you play someone like, say, Genji and you have to run and jump all over the place, aim your shots, use your abilities and shit to stay alive and then you get killed by a Mei holding M1 or by a McCree pressing stun and right click.

Like,you are looking at the exciting gameplay those guys just had and you just go "kek".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom