• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klyka

Banned
xkv4hSi.gif

WTF am I even looking at here.

GlamFM

Banned
Played it for a couple of hours and really start getting into it.

BUT!

Im really missing the carrot on a stick. I'm not progressing towards anything.

The unlocks are lame. The default skins are the best ones in most cases.

I feel no excitement when I open a loot crate.

That's a bummer.

Klyka

Banned

BUT!

That's a bummer.

You have to play it for the joy of playing the game, otherwise you'll stop caring quickly.

Can anyone explain the thread subtitle to me like I'm a potato? I get the GoT reference, but "Onlywatch"?

People with no access to the beta refered to the game as "Onlywatch" because the only thing they could do was watch others play.

Permanently A

16 boxes

64 possible items, I got

4 rare quality skins

1 epic, a highlight intro

no legendaries

everything else is sprays and voice lines

I would like to go back to the beta please

BUT!

That's a bummer.

We're progressing towards a community who learns to play the game to it's full potential while getting free maps and heroes and maybe even game modes along the way.

You have to play it for the joy of playing the game, otherwise you'll stop caring quickly.

People with no access to the beta refered to the game as "Onlywatch" because the only thing they could do was watch others play.

Pretty much this. You play to have fun.

(Also come play with us PS2 folk Klyka, we miss you :p)

BUT!

That's a bummer.

Is this what gaming has come to? I miss the days of CS 1.6

Recall

BUT!

That's a bummer.

Especially when wins and losses mean fucking nothing.

Whatever this In game currency is that isn't used for anything, should be given out when you win. A victory isn't its own reward for I.

Klyka

Banned

Whatever this In game currency is that isn't used for anything, should be given out when you win. A victory isn't its own reward for I.

uh. The ingame currency is used to unlock all the cosmetic stuff.

Winning gives you more exp, but yeah, this game is meant to be just for fun. And the currency is used to buy stuff.

Competitive mode is coming, where victories will be more important.

All this said, I too wouldn't mind a bit more of a reward, but I'm okay with it the way it is.

Rize_21

Roadhog: (laughs)

Yup, Roadhog, Soldier 76, Bastion, Mei, all have really solid self heals, and the cherry on the cake: Tracer.
People tend to be smarter as time goes by, I use to be surrounded now when I turn into iceblock form, if the icewall isn't up to escape after that, it's a wrap, pure and simple.

Yup, Roadhog, Soldier 76, Bastion, Mei, all have really solid self heals, and the cherry on the cake: Tracer.
People tend to be smarter as time goes by, I use to be surrounded now when I turn into iceblock form, if the icewall isn't up to escape after that, it's a wrap, pure and simple.

Eh I think it's fine. At least she stays in the same place so people can focus on her when she unfreezes. Tracer's time warp is much more bullshit, and basically has no downsides.

Tracer has VERY little health though. She needs that healing ability. You can still end her in seconds if whoever is playing isn't being mobile enough or gets stuck in a bad spot.

Eh I think it's fine. At least she stays in the same place so people can focus on her when she unfreezes. Tracer's time warp is much more bullshit, and basically has no downsides.

Does shooting a frozen Mei amount to anything? Will it shorten the freeze time or something? I usually instinctively shoot her when she's healing, but not sure if it has any effect.

BUT!

That's a bummer.

Obviously it all depends on the person and not everyone is the same but isn't it enough to play the game because it is fun or to become a better player? Do games really need a carrot on a stick to keep people playing?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

BUT!

That's a bummer.

i kind of love it - it's like Rocket League where you just play because the core gameplay is so tight

once they release more cosmetics, you may find your carrot though. maybe we'll get dailies / weeklies too.

『Inaba Resident』;204709842 said:
ehl oh ehl

Had a match we got 6 Lucios in front us on ilos. It was amazing we couldnt kill them with all their heals and it soon became like smash Bros trying to push them out of bounds. It was frantic and hilarious

Vinter

It feels refreshing to play a MP game were losses are acceptable because the game is so fun that losing doesnt matter as much. I have been lucky enough to avoid hostile players though.

GlamFM

Banned
Lets not pretend Blizzard does not care about progression or loot. I mean... They do have unlocks, fancy loot crate animation and everything. It's just that the unlocks kinda suck.

It's Blizzard we're talking about. The carrot on a stick is their jam.

It's the principle behind WoW and Diablo after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom