• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onemic

I really like Zarya, but I hate how her ultimate is pretty worthless if you're not playing with friends or communicative pubs. It's one of the best ults for its utility, but only if your team is on point and can communicate well.

SDCowboy

Man, I don't know what happened to some of the community today, but it seems fucking toxic. Like CSGO level. People are just talking crazy shit and calling teammates out like crazy this morning. Didn't see that at all yesterday.

Dubz

Double dipped on PC and PS4. Friends on both, and this game deserves it.

Dubz#1516 on PC and Dubzinator on PS4, if anyone wants to play.

I really like Zarya, but I hate how her ultimate is pretty worthless if you're not playing with friends or communicative pubs. It's one of the best ults for its utility, but only if your team is on point and can communicate well.
Yeah, when you are on your own you just have to wait to use it when your charge is decently high (I would say 50+) and you can just lob alt fire shots into it. Nobody it seems is really communicating is pubs enough yet to coordinate ult use.

sora87

Git gud

All jokes aside, what platform are you on? I think there is a GAF user list on here, you could try playing with others. The game is 100% more fun with at least 2 other people in your group.

I'm on pc but i tend to only be able to play 1 or 2 games at a time

I was noticing this last night. I was constantly on teams with people who only played one character and refused to switch. I'd mention that we need a healer and the response was, "play healer then." I was the only tank and we had 2 Widowmaker's. Meanwhile the other team has everything needed and is easily crushing us.

Yes, i feel I'm the only person on my teams who bothers switching to a tank or healer

What are you struggling with in particular? What heroes do you use? And do you play solo? Because there are plenty of people on GAF you could team up with.

I haven't really picked a hero or 2 who i like above others, i mainly play as mercy because people just refuse to pick healers. Then of course no one protects me when I'm trying to heal everyone. The skill level difference just seems to be far too wide already :(

Nice try, Tracer.

npkTvGg.gif

MrBlonde

I'm going to pick this up tonight, not sure its my kind of shooter but I am falling for the hype, reviews and feedback are way to good! Wish I played the beta, I downloaded it but didn't find the time.

Any suggestions on a couple of the easier to use characters to start out with? I am a COD and Gears guy, never played Team Fortress, Counter Strike or any of those kinds of games.

khaaan

Man, I don't know what happened to some of the community today, but it seems fucking toxic. Like CSGO level. People are just talking crazy shit and calling teammates out like crazy this morning. Didn't see that at all yesterday.

No single player to take peoples mind off of things, I bet.

vypek

I'm going to pick this up tonight, not sure its my kind of shooter but I am falling for the hype, reviews and feedback are way to good! Wish I played the beta, I downloaded it but didn't find the time.

Any suggestions on a couple of the easier to use characters to start out with? I am a COD and Gears guy, never played Team Fortress, Counter Strike or any of those kinds of games.

The tutorial character, Soldier 76 is probably a very good starting point to get used to things. A simple, easy, and effective character.

Spoo

I haven't been playing solo, but for people who are I think Blizz needs to add a solo queue mode. I can tell when I'm playing against a team in quick play because I roll 3-6 deep, and depending on the resistance you get a pretty good idea of the communication going on (or lack thereof) and a good team will absolutely take advantage of that.

I play McCree and Pharah a *lot*, so if I'm roaming and get into a flank spot, I'll test the waters and kill one and see what the reaction is. If nobody turns around, it's like, okay, these guys aren't playing together -- we can go flank city.

So obviously that's really hard on people who are solo (on consoles). They should really have their own mode. I'd use it too, occasionally.

mbpm1

Soldier 76 seems based off the COD type shooting and is easy.

Solider 76 is very easy to pick up and play right out of the gate.

Winston is an easy to learn tank/front line disrupter that has an auto-aiming gun and a decent amount of health and mobility so he's a good starter character as well.

Oh man, a Winston used his Ultimate and knocked me over the edge of a map while I was playing as Roadhog and I managed to hook him on the way down. Arcade mode is such mayhem.

Nyx

I'd say any character besides Genji and Zenyatta.

Soldier 76 always is a good start and when you need a healer take Lucio.

Man, I don't know what happened tot he community today, but it seems fucking toxic. Like CSGO level. People are just talking crazy shit and calling teammates out like crazy this morning. Didn't see that at all yesterday.
Only encountered two or three jerks in the wild. One was last night, when a guy on the other team was calling his team some homophobic and racist shit, all because they lost the first round of a Control map. He was also mad because we ran three tanks?

He was using Genji, so next round I just sought and destroyed him (as Tracer, which isn't even a good counter) while our team mocked him in chat. PotG was me getting a quick double with Tracer before taking the jerk out from behind. Very satisfying.

In retrospect, we should have gone six Winston to really ruin his day.

Terrorblot

The amount of money Blizzard must be making on Loot Boxes is insane. I have two friends who bought 100 and I even ended up buying the 24 pack, and I've never paid money for a cosmetic before.

I love playing as Lucio. That speed boost, especially while "turned up" is awesome.

It's such a passive way to play, too. Just hang back and make sure I'm shadowing someone that needs healing.

Permanently A

The amount of money Blizzard must be making on Loot Boxes is insane. I have two friends who bought 100 and I even ended up buying the 24 pack, and I've never paid money for a cosmetic before.

I'm pissed off enough at my luck from the free ones that I want to buy some. This is awful

mtodavk

Absolutely loving the game so far. Incredibly to play with friends. Played a control point match where we came back to win from 0-99....heart was pounding and hands were shaking after that.

Top 5 so far:

1. Junkrat
2. Lucio
3. Reaper
4. McCree
5. Hanzo

is there a gaf group? I'll add you tonight

If you'd also like to throw an invite my way, that'd be awesome. Gurbz#1193 on Bnet

Gurrry

I really hope they add more UI elements that give us more information about our team mates/opponents. For example, character portraits at the top for each team (similar to how dota does it) that tells us if they have their Ultimate ready or not.

Also - a map would be beneficial for me personally, but im not sure that is something they will ever add.

Rize_21

Please if you let your battle.net id on the OT, specify if you're from US or EU, sadly we can't all play together.

I keep getting thrown into Pre-Match Skirmish games because the game can't find a match to join for Arcade mode.

Do you keep EXP for Skirmishes?

No nothing, you can desactivate it in the options tho.

Rad-

Yeah i think Lucio is OP, his ult is just too strong.

I wouldn't call him OP as a single hero but he is OP in a way that he is better than other supports. I guess buffing the other support heroes could work. Well except maybe Mercy as she's fine currently.

kami_sama

I really hope they add more UI elements that give us more information about our team mates/opponents. For example, character portraits at the top for each team (similar to how dota does it) that tells us if they have their Ultimate ready or not.

Also - a map would be beneficial for me personally, but im not sure that is something they will ever add.

I think neither of those additions will help the game, most likely would make it worse.
Not having the ultimate status and not having a map make it possible for people to flank.

Terrorblot

So, if you're playing as Lucio on Illios a great tactic is to jump in the well and wall run when it gets hairy. I was able to contest a point on my own while my entire team respawned, leaves the enemy team scratching their heads :)

Actual PTOG from last night: Enemy Pharah ults, Reinhardt shield blocks all the rockets, I kill Pharah from behind the shield.

It was HER play of the game. Zero kills.

peakish

Finally starting to get how to play Deeva after some fun games. Storming forward like a wrecking ball, using the shield, and picking off lone squishies or getting people to chase me. Tons of fun tbh.

ow-playtimekvbeg.jpg

Things starting to change from the beta.

So, if you're playing as Lucio on Illios a great tactic is to jump in the well and wall run when it gets hairy. I was able to contest a point on my own while my entire team respawned, leaves the enemy team scratching their heads :)
Yeah, I love Lucio on Ilios. Definite pick for a team to win on it!

OVDRobo

God damn it. There really needs to be a limit of 2 of a singular hero per team.

Not sure what a team is supposed to do against an enemy team of only Torbjorn on defense after a certain point. What a nightmare.

Had a fun match against an all-Tracer team yesterday, but it sure was annoying. Just not in this way.

I wouldn't call him OP as a single hero but he is OP in a way that he is better than other supports. I guess buffing the other support heroes could work. Well except maybe Mercy as she's fine currently.

So what youre saying is they should buff Zenyatta. :p

Seriously though, I actually do think they should make it so you don't have to keep line of sight for his healing orb. Either that or give him slightly more health.

Gurrry

I think neither of those additions will help the game, most likely would make it worse.
Not having the ultimate status and not having a map make it possible for people to flank.

Just curious why you dont think knowing if your team mate has his ulti would help or not? For instance, if the timer is ticking down, and you need to make a suicide run to save overtime, wouldnt it help to know if mercy has her ultimate to rez you? Or if your opponent Pharra has her justice ready to reign down on you.

The map thing I can understand. However, it doesnt have to show you where everyone is at all times. It should only show you their player icon if they make noise (by shooting).

seeing these advanced tactics evolving

had my team wiped twice from timed zarya singularity ult with a mcree ult

had us snatched all together and mcree with the high noon and 6 dome shots--GONE, just like that

Forkball

I got to level 7 and the only skin I got was the ugliest one for Hanzo (yellow). He's probably my favorite character to play so I can't complain.

The brawl is insane if the defenders only pick Mei. I racked up 68k worth of damage as Pharah in one round.

MiguelItUp

I sometimes wish a team couldn't stack characters, especially when there's such a robust cast of characters. I had a few annoying matches yesterday against 4-5 Meis and 4-5 Torbjorns. It really smeared my experience quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom