• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
seeing these advanced tactics evolving

had my team wiped twice from timed zarya singularity ult with a mcree ult

had us snatched all together and mcree with the high noon and 6 dome shots--GONE, just like that

Yeah I've done this before as McCree, it's so satisfying.

See also: deploying D Va's robot bomb when the entire enemy team is stuck in Mei's ult.

kami_sama

Just curious why you dont think knowing if your team mate has his ulti would help or not? For instance, if the timer is ticking down, and you need to make a suicide run to save overtime, wouldnt it help to know if mercy has her ultimate to rez you? Or if your opponent Pharra has her justice ready to reign down on you.

The map thing I can understand. However, it doesnt have to show you where everyone is at all times. It should only show you their player icon if they make noise (by shooting).

Ah, you meant your own team. There's the voice thing, but what you said could be implemented.

But the map is still too much, I've been flanked from corridors I didn't remember existed. And I've flanked the same. That would not be viable is a map is implemented. Also think of all the verticality. I don't know how well it could be shown.

Rad-

So what youre saying is they should buff Zenyatta. :p

Seriously though, I actually do think they should make it so you don't have to keep line of sight for his healing orb. Either that or give him slightly more health.

I think Symmetra should definitely get some sort of healing ability. She doesn't fit support cast when you consider the abilities of other heroes in the group. I dunno what but she needs something to make her more than just teleport lady. Something that would make her more useful when attacking.

Permanently A

had us snatched all together and mcree with the high noon and 6 dome shots--GONE, just like that

that's nothin fam

toss zarya's shield on mccree while he does his high noon to farm charge so zarya shreds

then you're cooking with gas

This or Dva's ult, Reaper's ult... It can work so well...

Or just any DPS ult with a DPS Boost Mercy right behind. It makes the difference

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I think Symmetra should definitely get some sort of healing ability. She doesn't fit support cast when you consider the abilities of other heroes in the group. I dunno what but she needs something to make her more than just teleport lady. Something that would make her more useful when attacking.

I've seen it mentioned here before, but I think Symmetra should have the ability to place/create platforms.

She's a weird defense/support hybrid but I guess they feel the teleporter pushes her more into support. Her turrets are pretty good in all honesty, in the right place they can really take people off guard even when attacking.

I would like another support character, hopefully they can come up with something for the first big update.

DrArchon

If it weren't for her 100% passive ult I'd be all for moving Symmetra over to the defensive heroes category. As it stands she's the odd one out in the support group.

Double dipped on PC and PS4. Friends on both, and this game deserves it.

Dubz#1516 on PC and Dubzinator on PS4, if anyone wants to play.

Hey, I just sent you a PSN friend request as well. Any other PS4 players that are looking to team up, please feel free to add me: mashbaugh67.

I'm on Eastern time and normally get online between 7-11pm Eastern + any time on the weekend. Looking forward to playing with y'all!

Gurrry

Ah, you meant your own team. There's the voice thing, but what you said could be implemented.

But the map is still too much, I've been flanked from corridors I didn't remember existed. And I've flanked the same. That would not be viable is a map is implemented. Also think of all the verticality. I don't know how well it could be shown.

Good thinking, I dont know how they would do the verticallity actually. A map might not be ever made available, and thats actually ok. I would still like it if we just had more information about our enemies and team mates though.

The voice thing... is basically non existent on PC. I try talking in every match just to see if someone will respond, but nope. No one talks.

Im level 16 and I have only had 1 single game where I found someone else who used a mic.

abundant

So what youre saying is they should buff Zenyatta. :p

Seriously though, I actually do think they should make it so you don't have to keep line of sight for his healing orb. Either that or give him slightly more health.

It was like that in the closed beta, but it became to OP, so Blizzard changed it to how it is now. Apparently, Zen would place a healing orb on a flanker, making them next to impossible to kill when in the right hands.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Some people prefer to have some chance to play the match and maybe win.

JIP is just annoying and either needs to be changed in general or removed.

But imo the Turret still needs some nerfs. It just takes way too long to destroy it.

1. What's the alternative? If there wasn't in-match joining than the game would be riddled with quitting and would ruin the experience for more people. It's annoying to instantly lose but, as was said, it has no effect on anything. Absolute free XP and a full game ready to go.

2. Pharah destroys turrets with ease.

I'll give it another week, but honestly, I think Overwatch might be the tide turning over on shooters again. It just feels so damn refreshing. Up until this point, I hope blizzard is rewarded for OW in the long run to keep supporting it. I feel like the meta and counter picking is actually closer to street fighter than LoL. I just can't think of another shooter in recent memory with so much depth that so skillfully avoids over-complicating itself with superfluous mechanics.

I've had a few times where I've joined with DEFEAT on the screen before even choosing a hero and didn't get experience for it. It is pretty annoying.

I actually really wish you could skip POTG and go straight to voting if you want. Watching people press Q isn't all that interesting after a while.

Forkball

How ??? Best I saw were Bastion around 15k per round.

The brawl has two second cool downs on abilities, so Mei can easily spam the wall and shield almost indefinitely. Do this x6, or x5 + Winston's shield, and it is damn near impossible to clear the field. We were basically stuck in overtime for like ten minutes on the first point in the Hollywood map. We actually managed to cap it, but of course the payload was another story.

Grief.exe

She doesn't give out shields?

It's effective health

Deflecting all the bullets from a charging Mcree w/ Genji and then popping your ultimate while he backpedals away in fear is just....glorious.

Genji is a nice counter to Mcree.

Either deflect the fan of the hammer or the flashbang and it's over.

I agree. Her inclusion in the healer class is kind of an odd one.

It was like that in the closed beta, but it became to OP, so Blizzard changed it to how it is now. Apparently, Zen would place a healing orb on a flanker, making them next to impossible to kill when in the right hands.

Ah, I didn't play the closed beta. More health it is then, or maybe faster movement so he doesn't go down quite so easy. Who knows but I have seen hardly anyone playing as him and I'm not sure if that is just down to him being difficult to learn or because he just isn't that good.

Personally he's my favourite character so I probably shouldn't be suggesting ideas to make him better.

Voror

Is the best way to sort of train with other characters doing versus AI matches and slowly ramping up the difficulty before moving into matches with other people?

X-Frame

Did I read correctly that Zarya has the ability to see teammate health levels? I need to enable that in Options, correct?

Seems like a strange ability to leave off by default.

Is the best way to sort of train with other characters doing versus AI matches and slowly ramping up the difficulty before moving into matches with other people?

I think you'll learn better by just playing online to be honest. Don't worry too much about if you are good or not.

vypek

That would be a pretty good start to get used to people. When choosing AI, I would say start with medium and then go to heard.

In the beta I found that the medium AI wasn't all that great and would often show up in a cluster.

Real players are more likely to be around the level of hard so that would probably be a little more practical in learning matchups, maps and tactics.

This brawl with full Mei teams.

gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png

Also level 16 only one epic skin so far. /sad

Drewfonse

This game is so fun. I hardly give a shit when we lose, I fist pump and preen at wins and POTG. I always play the objective, so I sleep well at night.

I'm still breaking the k/d obsession, but I'm evolving on that.

Just fucking fun. Even the characters that I suck with are fun. And I'm improving with them. I hope that I never take winning and losing too seriously with this, and that it holds my interest long term.

I play games to have fun, and this is that with a capital F.

This brawl with full Mei teams.

http://res.cloudinary.com/urbandictionary/image/upload/a_exif,c_fit,h_200,w_200/v1395991705/gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png[IMG]

Also level 16 only one epic skin so far. /sad[/QUOTE]

Tracer is the absolute worst in this brawl. I have no idea if you can even kill a good Tracer, they can just recall so frequently.

Gurrry

The only thing that grinds my gears in this game is how fast turrets lock and shoot you.

Completely agree. Its pretty lame when 95% of POTG's are Tjorborns turrets just sitting there auto locking on people. Same with Bastion.

I wish POTG's were awarded to skill, not auto locking turrets that do way too much damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom