• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely agree. Its pretty lame when 95% of POTG's are Tjorborns turrets just sitting there auto locking on people. Same with Bastion.

I wish POTG's were awarded to skill, not auto locking turrets that do way too much damage.

This is why you should be able to skip POTG if you want to move onto voting. They aren't particularly interesting 90% of the time.

Invert

Neo Member
Some people prefer to have some chance to play the match and maybe win.

JIP is just annoying and either needs to be changed in general or removed.

But imo the Turret still needs some nerfs. It just takes way too long to destroy it.

JIP is perfectly fine for quick play, but I think that it should (and probably will be) removed for the ranked mode.

I find I have alot of success countering Torbjorn's turrets with reaper and Winston. Teleport to an area where you can get behind torbjorn safely, phase over to the turret and 2-3 shot it when you pop out and its down. For Winston I jump up, throw my shield over it and sit outside of it and damage it down. Molten Core throws a bit of a wrench in the cog, but I find it best to just wait that particular Ult out if possible

Dreavus

She doesn't give out shields?

It's effective health

Genji is a nice counter to Mcree.

Either deflect the fan of the hammer or the flashbang and it's over.

People keep saying this about the flash bang but I don't get it. I've deflected it a few times, but then I'm "stuck" in my deflect animation and the flash bang stun is super short. By the time I'm out of deflect he's not stunned any more and probably fanning the hammer at me. Is there something I'm missing?

Drewfonse

Who is a good genji counter? I ran into a skilled one and was getting eaten alive by him. I'm not sure what the deflect animation looks like.

Voror

I think you'll learn better by just playing online to be honest. Don't worry too much about if you are good or not.

Yeah, though if I just end up dying mostly then it doesn't feel like I'm learning that well. I have gotten an idea of certain characters like Mercy playing online as opposed to AI since with better players you get a better sense of how important your support is keeping everyone going.

That would be a pretty good start to get used to people. When choosing AI, I would say start with medium and then go to heard.

In the beta I found that the medium AI wasn't all that great and would often show up in a cluster.

Real players are more likely to be around the level of hard so that would probably be a little more practical in learning matchups, maps and tactics.

Yeah, I've just been doing Medium thus far and experimenting with characters and getting used to their abilities and when to use them though some have been coming easier than others.

Fun fact and confirmed by a developer, you can leave the match as soon the match finishes (When the words Victory or Defeat appear ) and you won\t be penalized as a leaver, you won't also lose any experience gained nor your loot box if you lvl up.

You can use all that time to find and start playing your next game instead.

wurzle

Neo Member
Can Winston hit enemies who are outside of his bubble while he's inside? with the Tesla.

Yes. For Winston to win 1 on 1 fights with many characters he HAS to use his bubble to block their fire. This works particularly well if you can bait them into following you through it, because both the outside and inside surfaces of the bubble block enemy fire, so you can interrupt their ability to hit you twice by retreating through it.

markwaters

Neo Member
People keep saying this about the flash bang but I don't get it. I've deflected it a few times, but then I'm "stuck" in my deflect animation and the flash bang stun is super short. By the time I'm out of deflect he's not stunned any more and probably fanning the hammer at me. Is there something I'm missing?

Well, after he wastes his flashbang, you still have to outplay him. It's not trivial to win the fight, but the fight's about even if he can't flashbang you. He's slow as shit, so you just have to dodge his shots, hit a couple shurikens and a swift strike before flashbang comes back. He can't escape, but he can bait you into chasing and getting fanned.

Is there any way to disable spectator mode for myself? This might end up killing the game for me. I can't get into any games with friends without being in spectator mode. I would rather just not be able to join. Literally every friend game I join, I am in spectator mode. I even got an invite from a friend and landed in a party of 6, and the game had 4 of us (not me) plus 2 randoms. Wtf?? This is the worst party system I have ever seen, made especially bad by the need for a party in this game.

Gurrry

Fun fact and confirmed by a developer, you can leave the match as soon the match finishes (When the words Victory or Defeat appear ) and you won\t be penalized as a leaver, you won't also lose your experienced gained nor your loot box if you lvl up.

You can use all that time to find and start playing your next game instead.

Do you lose the consecutive game xp bonus?

I'll try Winston tonight. He didnt seem appealing at first, but seeing some comments in here and watching my roomate play as him, he seems like fun.

abundant

Is there any way to disable spectator mode for myself? This might end up killing the game for me. I can't get into any games with friends without being in spectator mode. I would rather just not be able to join. Literally every friend game I join, I am in spectator mode. I even got an invite from a friend and landed in a party of 6, and the game had 4 of us (not me) plus 2 randoms. Wtf?? This is the worst party system I have ever seen, made especially bad by the need for a party in this game.

Really? I've yet to have that happen.

DrArchon

Tracer is the absolute worst in this brawl. I have no idea if you can even kill a good Tracer, they can just recall so frequently.

Just ignore her. Everyone has so much health that unless she's using her ult she's not able to do anything of note. And if she sticks you, well, shit happens.

Voror

Fro a character like Genji do you essentially always want to be moving and going in and out of cover to flank so others either don't see you are at least can't get a bead on you? Trying to figure out his character more so far but not seeming to have a ton of luck thus far.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Fucking Rein/bastion combos.

I can usually push away the rein with D.Va and break up the combo for my team to push forward but that usually results in me eating it. :<

Boogdud

Had my first obvious hacker in like 8-10 hours of play. His name was "wwwwwwwwwwww" which, you know going in something is screwy.

Dude played Reaper the entire time and was tracking through walls with no Hanzo or Widowmaker on his team, which, whatever. The real tell was one shot from his shotgun would one shot you. One shotted me as soldier, thought it was odd, then found him as reaper.. one shotted. Then I just started looking for him, one shot every time. Wasn't lag or anything either.

Also, no damage modifiers on him or anything, just solo'ing.

What's great is I mention in team "uh wwwwwwwwww is hackin" and I get the typical NO HE ISN'T BRO, HE'S JUST REALLY GOOD.

Yes, he's so good his weapon is at least 5x more powerful than it should be. /okay

vypek

Fro a character like Genji do you essentially always want to be moving and going in and out of cover to flank so others either don't see you are at least can't get a bead on you? Trying to figure out his character more so far but not seeming to have a ton of luck thus far.

Yes. He is a highly mobile character. Keep moving and make use of his double jump, dash ability and wall climb.

Zeliard

This is why you should be able to skip POTG if you want to move onto voting. They aren't particularly interesting 90% of the time.

But you would still have to wait the same amount of time as everyone else for the next match to start. And if you want to leave, you can just leave during PotG. So what difference would it really make?

So I just added my name to the Xbox list to play with everyone. Is it normal to now add everyone's GT to my list? Is that how everyone does it? Thanks. Sorry for the stupid question. I'm tired of playing with random people.

Had my first obvious hacker in like 8-10 hours of play. His name was "wwwwwwwwwwww" which, you know going in something is screwy.

Dude played Reaper the entire time and was tracking through walls with no Hanzo or Widowmaker on his team, which, whatever. The real tell was one shot from his shotgun would one shot you. One shotted me as soldier, thought it was odd, then found him as reaper.. one shotted. Then I just started looking for him, one shot every time. Wasn't lag or anything either.

What's great is I mention in team "uh wwwwwwwwww is hackin" and I get the typical NO HE ISN'T BRO, HE'S JUST REALLY GOOD.

Yes, he's so good his weapon is at least 5x more powerful than it should be. /okay

I mean, kill cams make it pretty easy to tell when something is amiss.

I think Symmetra should definitely get some sort of healing ability. She doesn't fit support cast when you consider the abilities of other heroes in the group. I dunno what but she needs something to make her more than just teleport lady. Something that would make her more useful when attacking.

Small healing aura on the sentry turrets?

mstevens

Is the best way to sort of train with other characters doing versus AI matches and slowly ramping up the difficulty before moving into matches with other people?

I would like to know this too. I'm interested in some tried and true methods to getting better. I always seem to hit a wall with these types of games.

The only thing that grinds my gears in this game is how fast turrets lock and shoot you.
Yeah its disgusting. Sorry but if you come out of the corner and you are instant dead from a turret like wtf.

I had one game where a turret won a game by itself since it was killing the entire team instantly from across a giant hangar.

I want to know this too, any GAF community for easy adding of players on PC? Add me pls ARMADA#11113

Yeah I've been wondering about this. I'd love to join a GAF group for this game and if we don't have one, well we should have! Dyno#21500 PC. EU but most of my play time is on the US schedule and very late. Really though we just need a group rather than individually adding each other.

Invert

Neo Member

Generally if I deflect his stun I just swift strike through him, or away from him to reset that particular encounter. I especially do this if it's in a narrow corridor where Genji's mobility is gimped. If its a bit more open I may try to sit at range and try to shuriken him down but that's dependent on how good that player is at hitting with his single shot. Genji is really good at blunting his advance though and taking a lot of his effectiveness away from him. If he does fan the hammer at the deflect he should kill himself in a few shots.

Another thing I like to do (sometimes this fails) when I know his position and my deflect is up I'll jump out and deflect his high noon back at him. Deflect lasts longer then the time it takes for Mcree's ult to build up to one shot damage on Genji. Alot of Mcree's I see are content with only getting one kill out of it and will pull the trigger once they see the first skull pop up.

Permanently A

soldier: 76 complaining about hacks

poetic justice

abundant

So I just added my name to the Xbox list to play with everyone. Is it normal to now add everyone's GT to my list? Is that how everyone does it? Thanks. Sorry for the stupid question. I'm tired of playing with random people.

Yes, so that you can see who is currently playing and invite/request an invite to their party.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
CjYi7gvUgAAtVL2.jpg

actually shocked arya doesnt have a tag aswell, give her time

Baliis

Yeah its disgusting. Sorry but if you come out of the corner and you are instant dead from a turret like wtf.

I had one game where a turret won a game by itself since it was killing the entire team instantly from across a giant hangar.

And no one on your team thought to swap to widowmaker and two shot it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom