• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

inthrall

The banter @ the start of the round is so fucking fun to here with the right character

Hanumara Defense Hanzo has an awesome line
Attacker Widowmaker in Lords Row loves talking about that little video kill of hers

Reinhardt and Zaraya want to have an arm wrestle match
I love hearing it wish there was more

Torb and Sym don't like Bastion a lot

D.Va and Winston is my favourite

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally need to make a macro or something that says "KILL THE FUCKING MERCY YOU FUCKING IDIOTS!".

or you know, calm down and say it like a normal person, and maybe people will do it? :/

Jblanks

TFW you use Zarya's ult on the 2nd point on Temple of Anubis, sucks up 5 guys and the Pharoh on you're team using her ult right after for a 5 man kill

Nephtes

Level 13... every loot box opened gives me stuff for everyone except D.Va....

And of course D.Va is just about the only character I use...(besides Terbjerb) :p

Fuck this loot box algorithm...

I wish the game spit out nothing but currency, so I could buy what I wanted...

No one wants character skins for loser characters like Roadhog... D:

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Seagull (probably the best Overwatch player yet) is live.

https://www.twitch.tv/a_seagull

Nice, thanks.

Man, I can't play the game for another few weeks (even though my Best Buy package was successfully delivered on launch day), and it really hurts haha. You'd think having played ~9 months during the closed beta would make the wait easier, but knowing that all my unlocks are wiped makes it harder than I thought...

Trace

Banned
Level 13... every loot box opened gives me stuff for everyone except D.Va....

And of course D.Va is just about the only character I use...(besides Terbjerb) :p

Fuck this loot box algorithm...

I wish the game spit out nothing but currency, so I could buy what I wanted...

No one wants character skins for loser characters like Roadhog... D:

I don't play D.Va that much but I have 2 legendaries for her... I have 4 legendaries in total.

She's a literal sitting duck when she uses her ult in the sky. It's very hard to position and almost unusable if the enemy team has a smart McCree or Widowmaker
Her ult is crazy situational. There's a good chance that a sniper blasts you out of the sky, or a Winston or Reinhardt can just shield against the damn thing.

TFW you use Zarya's ult on the 2nd point on Temple of Anubis, sucks up 5 guys and the Pharoh on you're team using her ult right after for a 5 man kill

3334277.jpg

Amusing PUG where we won using six Roadhogs, first round was fair enough but they should have counter picked on the second
Of all the "team of all *blanks*" that one sounds like one of the worst... SO easy to counter something like that (I imagine) is your team just great as Roadhog or something?

jacobs34

Good games PS4 crew! I'll be on again in a couple of hours.

It feels like groups are starting to get their acts together and the games are becoming more challenging/rewarding.

double mccree is actually legit because double high noon completely clears objectives for 12 seconds and you get refunded your ult by 50%. it's honestly kind of bullshit lol.

_DrMario_

I wish I could enjoy this game on a more consistent level. But half the time my team just ends up getting destroyed and it's straight up not fun.

Dad

ignore them. if 4 characters are being used to basically sit stationary use the payload to cover yourself and move it
There's a sweet spot turning the corner where the payload doesn't offer protection and Winston and Reinhardt don't last long enough to push it more than a few feet alone.
what's a lone player going to do against 4 players, you mean?
I mean the two Reapers and Widowmaker on our team weren't exactly helpful

Wanderer5

Oh man I had a epic moment on the greece level with that one control point that has the the window you can enter the point from above with. I flew into there as Pharah and use the ult to cleaned out the other team lol. Too bad it wasn't play of the game.

Timeaisis

I love this game, but it's brutal with randos sometimes. I think the biggest problem is team composition. I've seen two supports (!) and two flankers (genji and tracer!!!) when on defense and no one wants to switch. It's foolish.

Also, no one likes to stand on the point, especially on payload and especially a tank who's entire existence on payload revolves around walking with the damn payload. And in the off chance a tank does step on the payload, no one wants to help support that tank so that we can, you know, win the game. This is especially true in the last 30 seconds of the game. I swear, some people play this like COD TDM or something.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong or maybe it's just bad luck, but I'm not really having fun at the moment. Losing team like 80% of the time, I feel like I only need three hits to die, while taking way too long to kill others, ...

It's annoying, but maybe I'm just not good enough yet.

JJShadow

First game with Torbjorn just to try him, never caught my attention, but awww man, seeing all those people get constantly killed by my turret was extremely funny. I ended up 23-2, I'll stick with him for a while in Defense

besada

Banned
I got so pissed off at a Tracer (and our terrible Zarya/double McCree who did nothing about her) yesterday that I just swapped off my healer and went on an incredible Winston rampage until the end of the match. It was actually hilariously effective against their squishy squad and probably won it for us.

When I get tired of getting hammered as Mercy, I switch to Junkrat and have fun. If you want a healer through the whole game, you have to protect them. Every time they get killed, you're giving the healer a chance to back out and play someone else. Just teams getting what they deserve.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
guys shooting in the nearby vacinity of people isnt hitting them either, you lied to me ;_;

Im just a trah hanzo I guess (widowmaker is even worse)

edit: just got a legendary.....its currency. Legendary currency, FU BLIZZARD

oh well at least I have 1000 now for a costume

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom