• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
I play late at night probably at around 10:00 PM EDT or later.

PSN: jorgejjvr

I also usually have a full party most of the time

I think you added me, through the Google docs I'm assuming, I play around the same time usually, I'll be happy to play with you! (I won't scrub it up too much I promise)

sora87

Attach yourself to a tank and hide behind them:) Lots of teams are bad about not watching their flanks, and Mercy's are in deep shit when they see a Tracer appear. But you should always be close enough to a team member to zip over to them and make it their problem.

Also, fuck Tracer.

Yeah I try, it's annoying when I'm trying to keep everyone alive and there's 2 enemies shooting me and none of my team are bothering to attack them back :(

I've also just realised I've never seen a Route 66 match go past the petrol station lol

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
The banter @ the start of the round is so fucking fun to here with the right character

Hanumara Defense Hanzo has an awesome line
Attacker Widowmaker in Lords Row loves talking about that little video kill of hers

Reinhardt and Zaraya want to have an arm wrestle match
I love hearing it wish there was more

Torb and Sym don't like Bastion a lot

Coming from League, this game's toxicity is some hilarious shit. Never in my life did I think that I would actually see a variation of "your favourite anime sucks" being used as a serious insult.

Does anyone know what the "Origins - EU Edition" on the Amazon UK site is? It seems more expensive than the normal origins edition but based on the description there's no difference.

Erasus

A few friends just did a 5 soldier 1 lucio game as attackers on Hollywood. We won!

Then we did 5 Torbjörns 1 mercy - we also won that.
Timed out ults so 2 people did it at the same time from different directions. They could not even take the 1st point.

PRO STRATS! :D

Mupod

Attach yourself to a tank and hide behind them:) Lots of teams are bad about not watching their flanks, and Mercy's are in deep shit when they see a Tracer appear. But you should always be close enough to a team member to zip over to them and make it their problem.

Also, fuck Tracer.

I got so pissed off at a Tracer (and our terrible Zarya/double McCree who did nothing about her) yesterday that I just swapped off my healer and went on an incredible Winston rampage until the end of the match. It was actually hilariously effective against their squishy squad and probably won it for us.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I guess I'm not alone, then. With GAF posting pictures of double-leg boxes, I assumed people were getting one or two every 10 levels or so on average. Maybe they are and we're just outliers. idk.

I'm not mad. I have a mccree with a green poncho instead of the red.
I'm a little mad

You're not alone....

Oh wait, this is about Overwatch?

I've gotten a new skin with every loot box. Guess I'm lucky. Level 8.

6817322_1449370879.png

Xater

I didn't care much for Soldier 76 during beta but I learned to really appreciate him. Pretty high damage output and good sel sustain. That makes him really a force to be reckoned with.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
She's a literal sitting duck when she uses her ult in the sky. It's very hard to position and almost unusable if the enemy team has a smart McCree or Widowmaker

Agreed. Pharah is one of my favorite heroes to play but her ult is incredibly difficult to use against good opponents.

GraveRobberX

OMFG really 3 back to back games Defeat within a 1.5 minute time span

Seriously...

Wow, joined Numbani, 15 secs to go, Attack
Leave room, join up again Route 66, Defense, last area, 5 seconds, I spawn and get Defeat on my screen
Join up again Hollywood 20 secs Attack, Game over by the time I reach the team :(

Da Fuck!

What's the best strategy against bastion?

Several.

I destroy him as Mei by just using my icicle and weaving in and out of a corner.

Genji reflects his shit back at him pretty hard.

Tracer can get behind him fast enough that he can't react.

Hanzo and Widowmaker can basically snipe him.

Even Phara can go airborne and clean him up before he knows whats going on.

Seriously...

Leave room, join up again Route 66, Defense, last area, 5 seconds, I spawn and get Defeat on my screen
Join up again Hollywood 20 secs Attack, Game over by the time I reach the team :(

Da Fuck!

Those losses don't count on your record, and you get extra XP for them. But why are you leaving games that just finished? Why not let it fold into the next match normally?

24hr

I didn't care much for Soldier 76 during beta but I learned to really appreciate him. Pretty high damage output and good sel sustain. That makes him really a force to be reckoned with.

Same. I played a few games with him today and he really is a strong character.

mbpm1

Some options:

Pick Farah or Junkrat and bombard him from afar, or snipe him with Widowmaker/Hanzo/Soldier 76

McCree if you can get close with your stun and then fanfire

A tank like Reinhardt/Zarya/DVa can just take the damage and scrap him

Genji if you think you can predict a good time to Reflect

Tracer can teleport around him and hit him where he can't shoot. So can Reaper

Coming from League, this game's toxicity is some hilarious shit. Never in my life did I think that I would actually see a variation of "your favourite anime sucks" being used as a serious insult.

Lol I can't believe some of the shit I heard the other night. People can save their elitist shitfits for when the game isnt less than a week old

Baliis

Seriously...

Da Fuck!

The first match I played last night was a Defeat screen before the char select even loaded.

Annubis

Several.

I destroy him as Mei by just using my icicle and weaving in and out of a corner.

Genji reflects his shit back at him pretty hard.

Tracer can get behind him fast enough that he can't react.

Hanzo and Widowmaker can basically snipe him.

Even Phara can go airborne and clean him up before he knows whats going on.

D.VA can rush him with E active then destroy him.

Dad

Is there anything a lone player can possibly do against a double Torbjorn double Reinhardt combo on a roof in Dorado

Soma

holy shit

doing the weekly brawl with a team of all tracers and the recall cooldown being almost non-existant

it was the funniest thing ever

(too bad the enemy team got smart by the end and counter-picked us hard lol)

GraveRobberX

Git Gud lol

Here's the thing smart Bastions cover flanks and put themselves into corners or lanes to keep enemies at bay

Stupid Bastions are who are out in the open getting wrecked by multitude of different options

Hanzo, Widow Snipe
Mei Icicle
Tracer flank
Pharah and D.Va air superiority
Junkrat lob grenades r us
McCree stun/fan

Apathy

Is there anything a lone player can possibly do against a double Torbjorn double Reinhardt combo on a roof in Dorado

ignore them. if 4 characters are being used to basically sit stationary use the payload to cover yourself and move it

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Well that completes day 2 of nothing but grey crates, it's getting silly now. They need to tweak it so you're not just constantly getting greys every time, it's really starting to piss me off. RNG is RNG but when you're constantly getting the shit end of the stick it's not fun at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom