• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

abundant

I like POTG but I also kind of want the option to skip straight to the score screen sometimes, especially if I just want to get out of the round quickly without worrying about quitters penalty or whatever (how does that even work exactly? when are you okay to leave the game?). I definitely don't mind how random it is and wonder if it's actually an intentional quirk.

Blizzard confirmed that when the game is over, you can quit without a penalty or losing XP.

Hasney

My favourite POTG was me as Lucio hitting his ultimate and then someone killed 5 people. I assisted them all though, so POTG is mine!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Bastion destroys both Reinhart and Roadhog

Depends if bastion has other protection, roadhog can hook him out of the turret. Rein's shield doesn't last long against the turret but if he has, say, a damage boosted McCree or something shooting through the shield it does its job.

how do you make mei's ice change type/form on ps4?

Hit L1 again or whatever the button is mapped too.

Calcium

Banned
He fucks up squishy heroes, #1 go to countering Tracer. Leap makes him the go to for countering snipers. The aim assist makes him the go to for leaping in, killing turrets and leaping out. Much more situational than Hammerguy or Roadhog though.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I use him. Jump in, try to get the squishy ones before I die.

If you have a team that is focused on the objective Winston's shield, stomp and AOE makes for one of the best characters in the game, but if you are are playing with pubs and are the only one going for objectives then there is only so much he can do.

I guess that could be part of my problem too. I don't think I've felt 100% supported by my team in any of the games I've played as Winston.

-- he is not really a main tank in any sense, more of a leap in - force enemy to turn around - deal AOE damage and then leap back out

Yeah, just feels odd to label him as a tank. I wouldn't question it at all if he were in the defense category instead.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
You can use Winston in PUGs on KOTH maps. People will fight over the objective there so his shield can more effectively protect idiots and TDMers there. Plus you can bully people out with his ult.

Zeliard

Say what you want about Hanzo and his tree trunk arrows, but landing a headshot with him is one of the most satisfying things to do in the game, especially in close-range combat against a Genji or Tracer.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Say what you want about Hanzo and his tree trunk arrows, but landing a headshot with him is one of the most satisfying things to do in the game, especially in close-range combat against a Genji or Tracer.

My favorite are the accidental tracer headshots when she just phases in its path.

kiguel182

In 17 matches I only won 5, that's terrible! I'm still having a blast.

Played Lucio for the first time and was MVP of the game. He is so fun to play.

Also, I'm getting into the grove with Mcgree. He is my most played character so far.

pigeon

Banned
Yeah, just feels odd to label him as a tank. I wouldn't question it at all if he were in the defense category instead.

I mean, Winston is at least as tanky as D.Va or Roadhog.

I think Reinhardt just gave people an incorrect picture of what tanks are supposed to do in the game. Reinhardt's huge payload-pushing shield isn't what makes him a tank, Reinhardt's ability to charge in and force people to pay attention to him is what makes him a tank. You can do that with a charge, or with a jump, or with a hook, or with an exploding mecha. The point is that you get on the point or force the fight first.

Nephtes

LOL silly Reinhardt player attempting to push my D.Va off a cliff...

Tables turned, flew back up, and melee'd Reinhardt off the cliff to his death...

D.Va: 1, Reinhardt:0

El Sloth

Banned
It's probably been posted already, but for fans of Brokentier who haven't seen it yet: Koogy has a new design up https://www.brokentier.com/collections/get-good

CoM5ggp.jpg

lol

Nugg

Mass tjorbjorn on defense is broken as fuck what the hell

Remember turrets have a very strict maximum range (30m? 40m? can't remember). If you're sniping from far enough, you can take all the time in the world, they just won't see you at all. I cleared a bunch of those with D.Va on foot earlier on the first capture point of the russia map Volskaya

Gravidee

LOL silly Reinhardt player attempting to push my D.Va off a cliff...

Tables turned, flew back up, and melee'd Reinhardt off the cliff to his death...

D.Va: 1, Reinhardt:0

That's almost like what happened to me in beta, except I was charged off the cliff by Reinhardt and I flew back up while he continued to fall below, lol.

Arion

I've been trying to figure out how to best play Winston. His damage is pretty low, his shield is weak, his ult is meh and overall feels very under powered to me. Maybe I'm playing him wrong so what is the best situation to play Winston and what should I be doing? When is his ult useful?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I like seeing Lucios try to knock me as Genji off the map thinking they're so clever.

Naw fuck that shit, not getting rid of me that easily.

Salarians

I finally got enough credit to buy Reinhardt's Bundeswehr skin. And with that, I own pretty much all the unlocks I really truly want. Anything else I get from here out is just gravy.

Vestal

I've been trying to figure out how to best play Winston. His damage is pretty low, his shield is weak, his ult is meh and overall feels very under powered to me. Maybe I'm playing him wrong so what is the best situation to play Winston and what should I be doing? When is his ult useful?

Jump into a mess drop your shield and bask in the glory of that arch lightning.

TheRed

I feel like he just creates chaos and I like playing as him, but you need to have team back you up on objectives.
I was playing him and doing my best to push every enemy back and when I finally went down everyone on my team is just chilling on rooftops instead of getting on the objective so it was all a wasted effort :(

kiguel182

Both times I played Winston I was terrible at it. Maybe I'm not tank material. I'll trying him again eventually but for now I rathe fill other roles on the team.

Both times I played Winston I was terrible at it. Maybe I'm not tank material. I'll trying him again eventually but for now I rathe fill other roles on the team.

Same. I feel like Winston's one of those characters where he needs somebody backing him up, because then the Winston will back up the person backing him up.

I feel like a lot of characters can do decently solo, but Winston's not one of them.

Aikidoka

Bastion is making the PotG so lame. Like, I have had plays that are much better and interesting, and I am sure other people in the game also got cooler plays. Yet, it's always just a clip of a Bastion turning into a turret and killing a couple guys running around a corner.
Bastion is boring to watch.

Winston is a weird type of tank since he's a disruptor. Try Reinhardt for some more traditional tanking or pick Roadhog/D.Va/Zarya and be a meat shield that kills things.

I can't believe I just found out today that Pharah's purple skins changes the helmet (Anubis and Jackal), does anyone else have any purple rarity skins like that? That's really cool

DarkKyo

I quite enjoy playing this game but I'm not really up on any sort of news. Do we have any idea when new content might be coming? Even stuff like new skins?

daxy

Bastion is making the PotG so lame. Like, I have had plays that are much better and interesting, and I am sure other people in the game also got cooler plays. Yet, it's always just a clip of a Bastion turning into a turret and killing a couple guys running around a corner.
Bastion is boring to watch.

Maybe I'm not that great but I got PotG only once before. Played Bastion for the first time today and got two PotGs back to back. It's just that his toolkit allows for easy multikills.

jediyoshi

Same. I feel like Winston's one of those characters where he needs somebody backing him up, because then the Winston will back up the person backing him up.

I feel like a lot of characters can do decently solo, but Winston's not one of them.

Winston isn't about standing your ground and fighting like the other tanks. You're either quickly killing off someone like a Tracer or healer and getting out, or leaping into a crowd at an objective and making people scatter before bouncing.

nOoblet16

This is how it goes for me most of the time, most of the the the PoTG is 2 or 3 kills.
When I do manage a quadruple kill or 5 kills, someone else manages one more to get PoTG :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom