• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong or maybe it's just bad luck, but I'm not really having fun at the moment. Losing team like 80% of the time, I feel like I only need three hits to die, while taking way too long to kill others, ...

It's annoying, but maybe I'm just not good enough yet.

You may be targetting the wrong type of enemies.

For instance, as a Tracer or Reaper, you shouldn't ever be leading the team to the front lines. You should be exploring the map for loners or sneaking up behind the enemy and shooting them in the back.

I've seen a lot of Bastion players going up against teams of Reinharts and Roadhogs, which doesn't work. He can't output damage fast enough to take those guys out.

I think Mei is probably the easiest character to get good with. Freeze people, and when they're frozen give them an icicle+punch combo, and you'll kill almost every non-tank that way. If the odds ever aren't in your favor, lockdown, and then shoot an ice wall as soon as you get your health back so you can run away and try again.

besada

Banned
For instance, as a Tracer or Reaper, you shouldn't ever be leading the team to the front lines. You should be exploring the map for loners or sneaking up behind the enemy and shooting them in the back.

This should be read as you should be sneaking around like a little sneak fuck looking to backshoot virtuous players who have chosen to give up glory for a role as team support:)

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
guys shooting in the nearby vacinity of people isnt hitting them either, you lied to me ;_;

Im just a trah hanzo I guess (widowmaker is even worse)

edit: just got a legendary.....its currency. Legendary currency, FU BLIZZARD

oh well at least I have 1000 now for a costume

Legendary currency is actually really good. It gives you the ability to buy any costume you want, since it gives you 50% of the cost of a full legendary skin.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm surprised at how decent the community has been so far, I've had very few toxic kids so far. In fact I've only had to report one person.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Tracers main job as Attack is to get to the objective, no fucks given

Why?

Just the game going Objective being claimed, Defense tactics switch so quick
You can leave right as you get into it, its to make them leave their comfort areas
Your team can Starr pushing more

So many Tracers think they'll get multikills, that's not how Tracer plays

On Defense Tracer should always invade enemy line and keep fucking with them, look for Mercy/Zenyatta
You won't believe how many Attack start going backwards, forgetting the objective

Brohan

Just made a quintuple kill with Symmetra by using her fully charged standard attack.
I felt like a steamroller just waltzing through their ranks.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Can organised teams play against solo queuers or can they only play against other teams?

The matchmaking does its best to put teams vs teams , whenever I play with friends we always go against equal stacks.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Can organised teams play against solo queuers or can they only play against other teams?

They can play against solos but's rare a 6-stack will run into a team of pubs. Teams are weighted to be paired against other teams but you'll see 5 + 1s run into 6-stacks.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Legendary currency is actually really good. It gives you the ability to buy any costume you want, since it gives you 50% of the cost of a full legendary skin.

if it gives you 50% it doesnt give you the ability to buy whatever you want lol

anyway devil mercy or goth zarya...decision decisions

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
hanzo junk or widow and peek the turrets, boom

Certain maps actually make this not work too well if the torb's are smart about placements.

I think Hollywood point A is a good show for it, they can cover left/right, back inside a house overlooking the point, another on the moving elevator, one in the back corner by the house so you can't sneak the back...I have yet to lose doing this despite everyone swapping to counters, lol. The funniest is a pharah trying to be cute and flying over the one rooftop and getting sniped by all the turrets at once.

I feel like the only thing that might work is mass winstons but even then the torb's can molten core and their damage is INSANE, on top of them dropping armor everywhere. It actually feels legit strong to me based on the map. Or at the least, the counter takes significantly more effort compared to what they're doing.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
How would that work? I need to get line of sight to kill turrets, but if there are 5 turrets and tjorbjorns all around me these squishies are gonna get destroyed

With that many Torbs get a Reinhardt or Winston (or both). The turrets don't actually do a lot of damage, so a Rein or Winston shield can withstand enough of their damage for the rest of your team to quickly take them out.

Calcium

Banned
I just don't get Winston. Is it just me or is he a horrible tank? His gun tickles only the smallest of foes to death and his shield doesn't seem as useful as other tanks similar abilities. I don't think I've ever gotten a kill from using his ultimate, either. He is great at disrupting the enemy lines, but if I have to hold a point or go toe-to-toe with someone I'd rather be playing any other tank.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
if it gives you 50% it doesnt give you the ability to buy whatever you want lol

anyway devil mercy or goth zarya...decision decisions

My point is, as you play the game longer you will accumulate quite a bit of currency just by virtue of getting duplicates. An instant drop of 500 credits will usually either put you in a situation to immediately buy a legendary skin, or only a few levels away from buying a legendary skin. Accumulating a few hundred credits is not hard.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
People talk about how troll POTG is but I think it's one of the coolest features implemented in a multiplayer game in a long time. Sometimes you get a really sweet multikill or do something amazing and it's cool to share that. Obviously the system isn't perfect but it's still super cool that the feature is in the game as it is.

TFW you use Zarya's ult on the 2nd point on Temple of Anubis, sucks up 5 guys and the Pharoh on you're team using her ult right after for a 5 man kill

My buddy was playing Zarya last night, I was tracer, he managed to ult the whole team and I just jogged over and dropped my pulse bomb on them -- insta-death for them all.

Zarya is my favorite tank by far.

People talk about how troll POTG is but I think it's one of the coolest features implemented in a multiplayer game in a long time. Sometimes you get a really sweet multikill or do something amazing and it's cool to share that. Obviously the system isn't perfect but it's still super cool that the feature is in the game as it is.

Definitely, I'm totally open to giving the enemy team commendations for doing some bad ass plays. It's a cool feature when it works.

People talk about how troll POTG is but I think it's one of the coolest features implemented in a multiplayer game in a long time. Sometimes you get a really sweet multikill and do something amazing and it's cool to share that. Obviously the system isn't perfect but it's still super cool that the feature is in the game as it is.

It's not perfect but I like it a lot better then final kill in Call of Duty, you probably see the same amount of cool shit in both

Artanisix

I just don't get Winston. Is it just me or is he a horrible tank? His gun tickles only the smallest of foes to death and his shield doesn't seem as useful as other tanks similar abilities. I don't think I've ever gotten a kill from using his ultimate, either. He is great at disrupting the enemy lines, but if I have to hold a point or go toe-to-toe with someone I'd rather be playing any other tank.

- his gun is AOE damage @ 50dps
- leap does 50 damage as well on landing
- great at punishing the constant stream of widows, hanzos, and genjis
- great at punishing clumping

- he is not really a main tank in any sense, more of a leap in - force enemy to turn around - deal AOE damage and then leap back out

Mugenjin

I don't think anyone is saying that it's bad in general. But the algorithm needs to be tweaked which is of course easier said than done.

24hr

It's an awesome feature. Would be cool if you got extra XP if you got the PotG though..

how do you make money in this game?

Loot boxes.

jediyoshi

He fucks up squishy heroes, #1 go to countering Tracer. Leap makes him the go to for countering snipers. The aim assist makes him the go to for leaping in, killing turrets and leaping out. Much more situational than Hammerguy or Roadhog though.

jacobs34

If you have a team that is focused on the objective Winston's shield, stomp and AOE makes for one of the best characters in the game, but if you are are playing with pubs and are the only one going for objectives then there is only so much he can do.

Double Winston jumping on 200 health character can kill instantly. I've yet to lose a match in which I've played double winston and a Lucio. (out of probably 20-25 matches).

I like POTG but I also kind of want the option to skip straight to the score screen sometimes, especially if I just want to get out of the round quickly without worrying about quitters penalty or whatever (how does that even work exactly? when are you okay to leave the game?). I definitely don't mind how random it is and wonder if it's actually an intentional quirk.

Hixx

People struggle like fuck against Torbjorn, sometimes he can feel like an absolute wall. Using him myself has given me my two highest killstreaks; almost felt invincible as Molten Core charges SO fast when your turret does damage.

Noticing a lot less Bastions as we play though, also. Think he's been found out by most people now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom