• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
was walking the dogs and thinking about the loot boxes, especifically how fast you level. You can easily get 1 loot box a day which is pretty nice I think. Im getting around 3k xp for wins, and 2k for losses I think, give or take. XP caps at 22k per level after level 23 or 24, I dont remember exactly. Thats about 10 games, and games are pretty fast in Overwatch. So unless they nerf the xp, youre looking at about 1 box a day if youre more or less casual (if you play lets say 2 hours, thats about 10 games right?), with 2-3 boxes if you go hard on a day off work/school.

And eventually all those sprays and recolored skins will start becoming more and more money and they will be more and more dupes. Its actually a good system I think.

Trickster

So I'm currently in a match where I can't respawn. I'm just lying on the ground with the respawn timer stuck at 0...

Also, really not liking the trend of teams just stacking the same characters. First it was 5 tjorbjorns now it's 3 soldier 76's with reinhardt and mercy support to back them up

I can't believe I just found out today that Pharah's purple skins changes the helmet (Anubis and Jackal), does anyone else have any purple rarity skins like that? That's really cool

D Va's purple skins change the livery on her mech, Junkrat's add some particle effects, Soldier 76's mask changes... I'm sure there are a couple of others. Most of the purples are just texture changes but even some of those are pretty radical. I think "Posh" tracer looks cooler than her orange rarity skins.

I also want a list of the orange skins that change ults. Devil Mercy adds "...for a price" to her "heroes never die" shout, wolf Hanzo's ult model changes to a wolf head and adds a howl to his shoutout. There's gotta be more.

I've been trying to figure out how to best play Winston. His damage is pretty low, his shield is weak, his ult is meh and overall feels very under powered to me. Maybe I'm playing him wrong so what is the best situation to play Winston and what should I be doing? When is his ult useful?

I was playing mercy with a Winston and we wrecked up everyone. When his health stays up he can defend the point really well.

Lucifon

was walking the dogs and thinking about the loot boxes, especifically how fast you level. You can easily get 1 loot box a day which is pretty nice I think. Im getting around 3k xp for wins, and 2k for losses I think, give or take. XP caps at 22k per level after level 23 or 24, I dont remember exactly. Thats about 10 games, and games are pretty fast in Overwatch. So unless they nerf the xp, youre looking at about 1 box a day if youre more or less casual (if you play lets say 2 hours, thats about 10 games right?), with 2-3 boxes if you go hard on a day off work/school.

And eventually all those sprays and recolored skins will start becoming more and more money and they will be more and more dupes. Its actually a good system I think.

Wow that sounds like a grind to me... I didn't realise the xp requirement increased that much. 10 games just for 1 loot crate of mostly 3 greys 1 blue sounds unrewarding.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
sorry Mercy, I have a new bae

yHRopFf.jpg

Wow that sounds like a grind to me... I didn't realise the xp requirement increased that much. 10 games just for 1 loot crate of mostly 3 greys 1 blue sounds unrewarding.

its 10 games for 1 level, the level gives the loot box. Its just a bonus, youre playing the game to...play the game no? the loot is a extra?

if you go into it with the mentality of "I need to play 10 games to get 1 box" then sure I guess its grindy.

Blizzard's making good money from my friends. One bought 50.

He rolled 3 gold skins and 2 gold credits. A bunch of purples stuff and 2500 credits.

Inspired my other friend to buy 50.
He got 4 gold skins and 2200 credits and a bunch of emotes.

Not cheap for 40 but basically 5-6 gold skins plus a ton of other stuff.

nOoblet16

Been having some server issues on PC games goes on normally with 30-40ms ping and then suddenly I experience what seems to be an immense amount of packet loss and the game lags for a second or two and when it comes back the ping gets around 250 and stays there for a good 10 seconds before going back to normal.

I know it's not my connection because I don't experience this anywhere else, infact I didn't even experience it in this game until today..not even in the beta. Few people told me they experienced the same.

Also I had a disconnection from Battle.net mid match today.

Rhaknar

so heres a question. You dont actually see the dupe you get in boxes right? you just see the credits? are there even credit drops or are all credit drops from dupes of items you otherwise already had.

im justwondering because if that 500 credit I got was from a legendry dupe, I only had 1 (torbjorn's pirate) so talk about RNG >_>

Blizzard's making good money from my friends. One bought 50.

He rolled 3 gold skins and 2 gold credits. A bunch of purples stuff and 2500 credits.

Inspired my other friend to buy 50.
He got 4 gold skins and 2200 credits and a bunch of emotes.

Not cheap for 40 but basically 5-6 gold skins plus a ton of other stuff.

It's all RNG, though. I bought 50 boxes and got 1 (one) legendary skin and about 2500 credits.

rdytoroll

I really hope they add more skins over time. Variety is pretty low with there only being two legendary skins that really alter your appearance and the other two are pretty much the same just changing the colour of the legendary skins

Xater

so heres a question. You dont actually see the dupe you get in boxes right? you just see the credits? are there even credit drops or are all credit drops from dupes of items you otherwise already had.

im justwondering because if that 500 credit I got was from a legendry dupe, I only had 1 (torbjorn's pirate) so talk about RNG >_>

No you see the dupe. You see the item and it says duplicate under it. What you got was just a straight up credit drop which also happens.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

You see the dupe. It'll show the item and then has a thing at the bottom that says it is a dupe and how many credits you get for it. Credits are something that can just be in the box at any rarity.

Nah, it shows you the item that is a dupe and the amount of credits you're receiving for it.

Clipse

When you get a dupe item, it has a golden sheen to it and is labeled 'duplicate'. Credit drops are entirely separate.

It's all RNG, though. I bought 50 boxes and got 1 (one) legendary skin and about 2500 credits.

Obviously yeah. These guys tend to have good luck in microtransactions but they always spend a lot of money on stuff like this.

I know I wont ever buy more than say ten at a time if ever. My luck tends to be bad.

Also dupe skins are terrible price wise. Worth 1000k credits only get 250 back.

valeo

People struggle like fuck against Torbjorn, sometimes he can feel like an absolute wall. Using him myself has given me my two highest killstreaks; almost felt invincible as Molten Core charges SO fast when your turret does damage.

Noticing a lot less Bastions as we play though, also. Think he's been found out by most people now.

Yeah, I only go Bastion in very specific situations on defence.

Funny how everyone was calling to nerf him. Perhaps now they've played for a while, they understand he's not that bad.

Salarians

I might have just had the best run with McCree I'll ever have. Got two triple kills with Deadeye (including once where I killed the only enemies guarding the payload and pushed it by myself until the rest of my team ran back from respawning), got 26 eliminations, and got POTG.

Aaaand we still lost. I have yet to get a single quad kill with anyone though. I did it a couple of times in the beta.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not the type to always roll with a crew of friends and sometimes I just like to go solo. This is because sometimes we aren't able to play at the same time. So I end up playing random games. Now, I really, really enjoy playing as Lucio and holding the team on my back. It's been tons of fun doing this plenty of times. However, I'd really like to enjoy playing as someone else sometime soon.

When I join random games they always seem to pick these characters: Hanzo, D.Va, Bastion, Tracer, Genji, Soldier 76, and Reaper. 5 out of 6 pick these guys on my team. It's rare but sometimes they'll pick one of the others. They don't change even if I pick the same character as them(which I do on the slight chance if there's another Lucio, for the sake of team balance). They all seem well balanced together except for one tiny thing: there's no healer. Guess who's going to have to heal again....

Also, I know I can pick Mercy, Zenyatta, and Symmetra but other than choosing Mercy a few times(because I enjoyed TF2) I don't like the other healers nor how they play.

They should make the mode in beta where you rolled the dice and had to stick with that character, a regular mode.

Rhaknar

I dunno if its a coincidence or what, but everytime I'm on Torbjorn, I always have a Widowmaker running ahead of me at the start... and Tor is quite short so your line of sight is...well... you know what...never mind :3

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Every time I do something really awesome and get a card at the end of a match no one votes at all.

Like I don't mean they don't vote for me, they just don't vote period ;__;

Dad

I have such a hate/love relationship with Dorado. I love playing the first two thirds of the map, especially the plaza area, but that last point always just breaks down into an awful meatgrinder of attrition

LiK

Unfortunately this has been my experience since release. The early beta period had folks sticking together for nice team plays but now everyone just disperses and dies.

It was much better late last night. Seems like the shitty randoms appear during the evening.

MazeHaze

Banned
Man randoms are so stubborn. Just had a team with no support (I bit the bullet even though I hate playing support, this is the case 8/10 times) no tanks, and 2 Hanzos. I suggested one of the Hanzos switch roles. You know what he said? "I chose first, so..."

Like what the fuck, really? We're getting the shit kicked out of us, and you won't change heroes because you "chose first"? I really don't understand people.

Why does this game always ends up destroying some decent random pub teams that I manage to find. Not one of us leaves and still the game sometimes just gets me to the menu and searching for a new team, etc. Blizzard, come on, let us have fun together, it's like we are winning to much and they have to stop that shit.

Firestorm

I still don't agree, but I'm not gonna shit up the thread about it. We'll see where Blizz wants to take the game, which is I'm sure to add more team based modes. And like you've all said, if someone wants TDM, there is no shortage of options for them elsewhere.

Back to WINston'ing
Kaplan says they didn't want TDM in one of the GameSpot videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom