• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

cHinzo

Does Hanzo have auto aim? People look like they're shooting into a random area and it hits me in the head lol

In the deathcam I saw someone shooting an arrow towards my feet while still one shotting me at full health. It's bullshit!

biteren

man, 6 games in a row and i get garbage people, diddnt win a single one of em

also Zayra seems to be quite a challenge for me to handle

Well it's because legendary skins are the only ones that change the costume for one and they cost 1000 credit if you want to buy so quite expensive. No excitement for me to get a recoloured version of the same special stuff.

Yea, I can see that opening a box to get another reskin of a legendary that you already own might not be that exciting, but there's a couple of legendaries that I like that they have a reskin because I enjoy one color scheme much more than the other and they would probably not exist if they only went with one.

nOoblet16

I am not jelly he is crazy good but that Esper guy as mercy is healing him 24/h even now.

Well it only makes sens to have the best player in the team capable of handling the entire opposing team on his own gets his pocket support player.
Sure you have situations where he does amazing without a medic, but the point is that he will be even more formidable if he has a pocket medic.

It also allows his other teammates to be at their best because he provides an opening.

Tabby

I just solo killed 6 enemy players as Reaper and got PotG stolen from me because the Mercy undid all of my work. I am salty.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
well i mean fighting against lol

Yeah i agree. She seems to be the only character i have diffuclty with actually pinning down and killing.

Also just finished 2 hour sesh with some gaf players, some great plays and and POTG

Again if anyone wants to add EU PC player : Gambino#21449

Wanderer5

Man I kind of dig Reaper's playstyle alot, but his kind of cringe worthy edgelord personality is a bit off putting.:p Maybe getting the El Blanco (or its black version) could ease that a little!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Traum#1747

plz help

I'm so fucking tired of losing all the time

HariKari

game thinks im a lot better than I am, hate this bullshit skill based matchmaking. I don't want to play against tryhards 24/7. Completely ruins it.

ramyeon

I really want to be better at this game. I feel like I play really well as Lucio, and my support in matches tends to get acknowledged. But offensively I'm still not quite there. Getting 10 kills as Tracer is a good game for me. Seeing a lot of people here getting 30+ makes that look ridiculous.

Practice makes perfect I guess.
Seriously.

I'm level 23 and I have half the credits needed to get a legendary skin. I've only gotten 1 in loot boxes so far.
I'm Level 11 and have enough for a legendary skin, and have got 2 from Loot Crates. It's really just down to luck I guess.

Well it only makes sens to have the best player in the team capable of handling the entire opposing team on his own gets his pocket support player.
Sure you have situations where he does amazing without a medic, but the point is that he will be even more formidable if he has a pocket medic.

It also allows his other teammates to be at their best because he provides an opening.

So you are agreeing with me then.

For the record they don't play against randoms right now.

I see that, but as the game progresses and more crazy good players step up (and it will happen), I want to see how he does against another crazy good player with his own pocket medic as well.

JTripper

Junkrat is my secret weapon. Dude is fucking unbelievable sometimes. Stay out of the way and bounce nades and when someone ambushes you you throw a mine down with a trap and boom bitch gtfo

A whole day full of 2x Bastion, 1x Torbjorn, 1x Mercy, 1x Reinhardt and 1x Widowmaker/Pharah defence teams making my life miserable. There is nothing you can do against this type of garbage if they position themselves correctly in the chokepoints to make your only access in direct line of fire of minigun hell, everything is shredded before it even turns the corner so even full coordinated ult attacks fail. And if you do manage to make a dent? Bee-boop-bee-beep x2, MOLTEN CORE, heroes never die.

For the love of god he just shouldn't have sniper rifle accuracy at extreme distance, Widowmaker and Hanzo should not have to be fearful of peeking their head out halfway across the map to line up a shot if they are meant to be counters. As it is, the amount of skill required to take down a shielded Bastion is not even remotely in proportion to the effort needed to play a shielded Bastion - that is why people don't like him.

adz2ka

This game can be incredibly frustrating sometimes

It's littered with stupid, stupid people. Especially the console versions.
I honestly have more patience with Call Of Duty game, because at least you can get by with stupid players on that game

I think the thing I'm having difficulty with in terms of picking is not figuring out the characters to shut down individual characters but figuring things that work against the other team as a whole with my team as a whole.

I get it when people say "this character is a good counter to x" but you have to consider all the other characters on their team and your team so it's not always applicable.

That's why I think this game can be such a nightmare in PuGs. You only have control over your pick and even if the character you pick works well against a couple of their characters, it doesn't matter if they have some of your counters on their team.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
A shielded bastion means you are wasting 2 characters on it. Dont get me wrong its annoying and hard to crack, but certainly not "nothing you can do about it"

valeo

Her ult is crazy situational. There's a good chance that a sniper blasts you out of the sky, or a Winston or Reinhardt can just shield against the damn thing.

Her ult can also completely change the tide of a game. I've got so many 4-5 kills when the other team is sitting on 99% capture

bob page

I honestly have more patience with Call Of Duty game, because at least you can get by with stupid players on that game

That's why I stopped playing the console version and got it on PC instead. There was just no teamwork a lot of the time and people just ran in without paying attention to anything. I enjoy playing a lot more now, even though I'm playing much worse than I was on PS4.

xezuru

Is there any way to know if the enemy Widowmaker has her Ultimate used and wallhacks enabled?

You can hear her say french shit when she's close by, otherwise it is completely silent when you're out of range, because you know global unrestricted wallhacks doesn't need an indicator

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
These loot boxes are starting to feel like a fucking crane game

white white blue white. 5 loot boxes in a row of this shit.

wuth

I think the thing I'm having difficulty with in terms of picking is not figuring out the characters to shut down individual characters but figuring things that work against the other team as a whole with my team as a whole.

I get it when people say "this character is a good counter to x" but you have to consider all the other characters on their team and your team so it's not always applicable.

That's why I think this game can be such a nightmare in PuGs. You only have control over your pick and even if the character you pick works well against a couple of their characters, it doesn't matter if they have some of your counters on their team.

Plus there simply might be some IMBA happening.

JTripper

Call me a basic bitch but I'm so used to Reaper, Mercy, Widowmaker and Junkrat for most situations. I'm really not confident in my defense hero skills so I never use them.

As usual, it's not the game that's the problem, it's the people that's the problem. Feeling very misanthropic today...

wuth

A whole day full of 2x Bastion, 1x Torbjorn, 1x Mercy, 1x Reinhardt and 1x Widowmaker/Pharah defence teams making my life miserable. There is nothing you can do against this type of garbage if they position themselves correctly in the chokepoints to make your only access in direct line of fire of minigun hell, everything is shredded before it even turns the corner so even full coordinated ult attacks fail. And if you do manage to make a dent? Bee-boop-bee-beep x2, MOLTEN CORE, heroes never die.

For the love of god he just shouldn't have sniper rifle accuracy at extreme distance, Widowmaker and Hanzo should not have to be fearful of peeking their head out halfway across the map to line up a shot if they are meant to be counters. As it is, the amount of skill required to take down a shielded Bastion is not even remotely in proportion to the effort needed to play a shielded Bastion - that is why people don't like him.

I'd just limit his turning radius so that you can actually flank him when he's stuck in turret mode. I'm so surprised they gave him that insane damage and the ability to completely swivel around. You know, like most manned turrets we see in vidya.

Yeah just get a Junkrat and spam with grenades out of line of sight.

Except the smart teams account for that by placing their barricade out of range of Junkrat's grenades unless he wants to walk directly into the meat grinder, and Zenyatta ult isn't going to make any number of Junkrats last long enough to eliminate two ult popping Bastions and a molten core Torbjorn.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
These loot boxes are starting to feel like a fucking crane game

white white blue white. 5 loot boxes in a row of this shit.

Yeah same, im level 24 and i got one legendary skin but besides that absolute horse shit, not even a different color or so, just sprays and voice lines..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom