• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone wants to get kills from knocking people off the map, pick Winston. On like every KOTH map he can use his ult and just punch people off. I've gotten a lot of POTGs punching 2-3 people off the cliff with him.

There is no way to leave as a group on console. From what I know, funny enough, you can leave as a group on PC, but if you're using a controller instead of KB/M, the option doesn't appear. Pester Blizzard to put it in, because I'm getting sick of us always having to leave and reform.
This seems so stupid. How hard would it be to have one extra pop-up that asks if you want to bring your group with you?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
lol Seagull is using this as Roadhog's spray.

I almost spat out my coffee.

2016-05-2702_35_02-ove2uon.png

I end up playing tank/support more than any of the other hero types just because people like to mainly go for the damage dealers.

Not that I mind that much, but they really need to round out the hero types because Assault has 6, Defense gets 7 which is what people mostly choose from and yet Tanks have 5 and Supports have only 3 (Symmetra doesn't count since she can't heal as the game itself states that Supports heal their team and Symmetra is more like a variation of Torbjorn in that she can put down automated sentries and can buff the team but has 0 healing).

GOD they really need to buff of Zenyatta, I mean truly, truly.

Just another friendly reminder that we have an amazing and thriving PS4 Overwatch Community and group chat of all skill levels and playstyles, please PM me if interested!

eifer

Jesus, sometimes teams really do not understand objective-based games. Hey, let's run in one by one as we spawn, and try to solo a team of 6 people! Ugh... smh

patchday

Alright! Just opened my L10 loot box and got a Legendary :)

Lol and I just literally posted 5 mins ago how the other guy was lucky he got a legendary

eifer

Is it a gigantic waste of time playing this on PC with a controller?

I would say so. For most FPS, I prefer controller (hence I usually play on console) but this game doesn't feel right with a controller. Go KBM for it, if you don't mind. If you must use a controller, there are plenty of heroes that don't require precise aiming. As long as you play smart, you should be OK.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I dont care for the brawl mode, but I didnt care for it in hearthstone either. I like my rules thank you very much.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I dont care for the brawl mode, but I didnt care for it in hearthstone either. I like my rules thank you very much.

This week is a bit shit but I did like the random hero one.

bidguy

Banned
so how are the legendary drop rates compared to the beta ? im only getting garbage so far. 15+ boxes. got an epic turned out to be some emote thats the highest i got

Is it a gigantic waste of time playing this on PC with a controller?
Depends on the character. Anyone using beam/melee weapons (Mei, Symmetra, Reinhardt etc.) or not requiring twitch aiming (Reaper, D.Va, Soldier 76, Lucio etc.) will be fine, snipers and hyperactive characters like Tracer are unusable. I'd say with about half of the cast you'll do fine against mouse players, a couple will be worse but alright and the rest you'll be at a huge disadvantage.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
After 13 lvls, my only epics were getting currency twice. Oh and a hightlight intro. Still waiting on my 1st legendary.

Sometimes, I feel like they lowered the drop of epics & legendaries since the open beta considering I got a bunch of them with only 15 lvls back then.

Or it's just pure RNG, and the RNG god isn't with me.

Interfectum

After 13 lvls, my only epics were getting currency twice. Oh and a hightlight intro. Still waiting on my 1st legendary.

Sometimes, I feel like they lowered the drop of epics & legendaries since the open beta considering I got a bunch of them with only 15 lvls back then.

Or it's just pure RNG, and the RNG god isn't with me.

It's RNG. I had like four legendaries drop by level 8. Now I've had zero since then.

Calcium

Banned
I played Symmetra a few games today. It's really, really annoying when people ignore the fact that you have a teleporter up. Running back is fun too, I guess.

Man it's getting tiresome dealing with these people that won't play the damn objective and refuse to switch to appropriate players to complement the team. I like Reinhart, Mercy and Lucio, don't get me wrong, but I shouldn't have to play them every single game because nobody else will do it. Nah, they want to be two snipers or Bastions.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Man it's getting tiresome dealing with these people that won't play the damn objective and refuse to switch to appropriate players to complement the team. I like Reinhart, Mercy and Lucio, don't get me wrong, but I shouldn't have to play them every single game because nobody else will do it. Nah, they want to be two snipers or Bastions.

I can't wait for competitive play mode, you have to be rank 25 to play it so i guess there will be a lot less idiots in matches.

I played Symmetra a few games today. It's really, really annoying when people ignore the fact that you have a teleporter up. Running back is fun too, I guess.

Yeah, sometimes you gotta straight up tell your team where and how to use it because it's at max charge and you're the only one who ever used it. I remember when I first played last November, I ran right by a few teleporters in the spawn room a few times until I saw some streamer use it.

Guru-Guru

Banned
First time getting completely dominated by an amazing Tracer. She got 49 eliminations; so damn good I wasn't even mad. Had perfect timing on her abilities and created so much space for her team. Makes me want to get good at playing Tracer.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Pushed an approaching shielded Rein back w D.Va's dashed ult then it took three of them out. She's so fun

First time getting completely dominated by an amazing Tracer. She got 49 eliminations; so damn good I wasn't even mad. Had perfect timing on her abilities and created so much space for her team. Makes me want to get good at playing Tracer.

49??? holy shit

I can't believe the game I just had on Xbox. I hope my teammates aren't gaffers, because they should be ashamed of themselves. I've never seen a more piss-poor display. My god in heaven.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Honest question, but have you tried asking them to change? And I dont mean "noobs we dont need 2 fucking snipers stop being shit and change to a tank you useless cunts" asking. Just say something like "guys this isnt working, we need a healer or a tank and ill heal, but we need to change something"

Most times it wont work sure, but sometimes it does. Ive had some success with this approach (although in my case its usually a lack of dps)

I can't wait for competitive play mode, you have to be rank 25 to play it so i guess there will be a lot less idiots in matches.

And alot more toxicity, and a roster of 21 reduced to 7... joy

Ambient80

Yeah Tracer can be insane if played properly. 49 eliminations is impressive for any character tho.

bodine1231

I wish this game had a third person view. I just got a couple awesome legendary skins but since this game is in first person they are completely pointless because I cant see them. I wish they changed your guns more or add more effects to them.

Rhaknar

I wish this game had a third person view. I just got a couple awesome legendary skins but since this game is in first person they are completely pointless because I cant see them. I wish they changed your guns more or add more effects to them.

I used to feel that way but you die enough times to aee them. Also win screen and whatnot. But then again its why im not that fussed for not getting many skins yet, and why ill never purchase those boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom