• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I wouldnt bet on that, rank is more or less entirely a function of time played

Also this. You get like a 1k difference between losses and wins, levels mean jack shit exceot for time spent

Moonlight

Banned
I think mastering how D.Va's ult can be catapulted into the air with her boosters is probably one of the most satisfying things to learn. So many triple/quadra-kills I've nabbed setting up unpredictable angles for her mech to fall down to and try to cook the timer a bit, lol.

Zomba13

People being bad at a 3 day old game?! THE HORROR!

It's less being bad in the "I'm not good at aiming yet, I don't know the characters" but more being bad in the "what is that glowy thing with a letter on it? What's a 'payload'? Why are you guys standing in that square and not killing these guy waaaaaay over here?".

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What do you guys think are the hardest characters to use or master?

Use: Genji. Junkrat, Symmetra. Tracer.

Master: Genji, Tracer, D.Va, Zenyatta.

For me: Widowmaker, Hanzo, because im the worst sniper ever in the history of videogames :/

It's less being bad in the "I'm not good at aiming yet, I don't know the characters" but more being bad in the "what is that glowy thing with a letter on it? What's a 'payload'? Why are you guys standing in that square and not killing these guy waaaaaay over here?".

Yeah people need to pick that up. It would haven been nice if the game had an intro by Winston that just went over each mode briefly.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Reaper is OP as fuck.

G9uUoEA.png

Uthred

Yeah people need to pick that up. It would haven been nice if the game had an intro by Winston that just went over each mode briefly.

The game could certainly do with more in-depth tutorial stuff for entirely new players, I mean the OP gives more concrete details on the various modes than the game stutorial.

ramyeon

People being bad at a 3 day old game?! THE HORROR!
I have never played a team shooter before this.

I never touched the beta or read about the game's modes before picking it up.

I may suck at getting eliminations and I'm still working on my aim and use of characters.

But it's common sense to stick to the objectives and the game makes them abundantly clear even without a tutorial.

I posted this earlier in the thread, but how do I get added to the Xbox group? Can anyone help me out with figuring this out? I found the Google doc in the OP, but I'm unsure what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I dont care for the brawl mode, but I didnt care for it in hearthstone either. I like my rules thank you very much.

Makes a bit of sense for week 1. Make all players less squishy, have faster access to abilities and Ults for helpful learning, and it can make for some crazy chaos,

Would be nice for a daily rotation as well though.

adz2ka

I have never played a team shooter before this.

I never touched the beta or read about the game's modes before picking it up.

I may suck at getting eliminations and I'm still working on my aim and use of characters.

But it's common sense to stick to the objectives and the game makes them abundantly clear even without a tutorial.

You'd be amazed at how many people lack common sense.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
A full Zarya GAF team can achieve amazing things in the current weekly brawl.

Had a similar situation except it was full Zarya vs full Tracer. It was hilarious. Nothing but bubbles & zips all over the place.

Makes a bit of sense for week 1. Make all players less squishy, have faster access to abilities and Ults for helpful learning, and it can make for some crazy chaos,

Would be nice for a daily rotation as well though.

The mode where your character gets swapped after every death is amazing. Really puts people in an uncomfortable spot at least a couple of teams each round.

Rhaknar

6 Reinharts vs 6 Genjis melee brawl

6 Widowmakers vs 6 Hanzos sniper brawl

6 Lucios vs 6 Zenyattas healer brawl

kaskade

Holy shit. I was just in a match were the final objective was contested for probably 2-3 minutes. 99 to 99. That was some of the most fun I've had with a game in a long time.

DrArchon

Ugh. I must've played over 10 matches so far and I think I've won maybe 2 or 3 of them. Got PotG in one of the close ones though with a DVa nuke triple kill so that was nice. I swear every single match has had Hanzo in it the whole time though, sometimes on both sides. He really is kinda braindead with his arrow hitboxes being so big. The really overcompensated for the arrow drop-off and the lack of a zoom.

It's nice to fly up to one of their perches though as DVa and shotgun their face off. Unlike other heroes I don't have to worry about a random headshot killing her in one hit.

Also I'm going to reiterate that whoever made the final call to allow repeats in loot boxes is literally worse than Hitler. I can't believe my rare drop from a loot box was an icon repeat so I only got like 5 gold or some shit. Unbelievably scummy of Blizzard to allow that.

Tawpgun

None. It's kind of crazy to me that Genji has a 3 star difficulty rating

like what
I think he's mediocre easily but a beast in the right hands. Look up seagulls gameplay of genji. Dude goes on a 25 kill streak it's nuts.

You just need to abuse his mobility and deflect skill.

Losing to a team with 3 Bastions and a Renhardt

More than effectively countered a team with a Reinhardt shielding two Bastions in the beginning of Anubis with a Reinhardt and two Symmetras. Our Reinhardt shield would go down fairly quick but it was enough for us to charge our secondary fire and put the Bastions in panic mode. Obviously we changed our heroes when we got through, since attacking with two Symmetra's isn't really that great.

Kadin

Anyone experiencing this bug on PC where if you alt+tab from fullscreen or simply logout, your windows like your browser, etc. that were maximized are no longer full size?

Demoskinos

I can't wait for competitive play mode, you have to be rank 25 to play it so i guess there will be a lot less idiots in matches.

There will be if you can get out of the scrub pits in ranked. You can just level up to the 2nd tier by pure attrition since you lose no ranking xp but get to that 3rd tier and that's where you'll start to find the decent players at.

Apathy

Really wish blizzard would not break up groups that are doing well. That's gotta be the dumbest thing they did for the matchmaking. Who cares if you're going well with pugs, thats a good thing

Odrion

Banned
So, I got enough money for a legendary skin for Pharah.

I either want Rapororion or Mechaqueen.

Raptororion's baby blue looks a little too... calming, but I think the colors work together nicely. Then again, Pharah is already blue. So I'd be getting a skin that as a whole may not feel that different from her default.

Mechaqueen's color feels very retro but... The colors contrast rather harshly. But that's a part of it's retro-y aesthetic I guess? Will it look good in the middle of a match?

Hmm... Choices...

nOoblet16

Two low level randoms in our team, one picked Symmetra the other Tracer regardless of map, game mode or whether we were attacking or defending.

In the first game both of them picked Symmetra to which my teammate said in the chat "Seriously guys two Symmetra?"

One of the randoms replied "fck off"

Smh

And oh we lost that match and the next because neither did anything or changed characters.

Rhaknar

Hold left click into the air of the general direction of the enemy, wat

The rocket jump, trap use and ultimate you have to guide seem harder than the average hero skill in the game in my opinion

Gryph

Wow... Some of the golds in this thread have convinced me I'm never going to be good at this game...

I'm already level 19 and I've never even come close to those scores...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom