• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

sephi22

Here's a cool Symmetra POTG I got. (1 kill with turret, 3 with beam)

I love playing her. Playing her well in a game just makes me feel smart. You can see her beam's charge in action in the POTG. As soon as I kill the Genji, the beam is fully charged, which is noticeable by the green glow on the lights on the gun as well as Symmetra's call out. This game's sound design is god tier.

Anyone experiencing this bug on PC where if you alt+tab from fullscreen or simply logout, your windows like your browser, etc. that were maximized are no longer full size?
Happens to me every single time I walk away from the PC for a break. I come back to the game being in window mode on desktop and I have to manually switch it back to fullscreen under options every time. Don't know if it happens if you have set it to Borderless Window.

Got my first legendary at 15 :) Guess It's time to git gud at high noonin

FBykgYN.jpg

If there is a PSN community can I get an invite? PSN is PaulKersey. Played a bit solo earlier and most people still don't know what they're doing. It's like they see they're being healed and they think they are invincible. It is so frustrating.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Jesus fucking shit, dude has to be trolling me.

CP, and we have no healers/support. So I select Lucio.

Dude selects Mercy. I switch. He switches to a defensive. I switch back to Lucio, and he flips back to mercy.

Again and again. We lost. Fuck that guy.

I'm already starting to feel the pains of playing with randoms.

Demoskinos

On the top of my wishlist right now for this game. A checkbox that makes the game not match you in in-progress matches. Fuck that shit.

Losing is one thing but getting thrown into a match with 30 seconds remaining and no way to clean up the mess your put into is just a fucking bad time.

Not sold on the Atmos mix. It's better than the usual awful VSS on most headsets, I guess, but I don't know if it's by much. It certainly amps up the dynamic range (to an almost frustrating degree) but it doesn't seem to really make it any easier to track the position of anything compared to the normal stereo mix.

noomi

I suck with Hanzo... So much.

I want to be good, but i just can't. The time from firing the arrow to impact is just fucking me up to much. Guess ill stick to widow for sniping purposes.

On the top of my wishlist right now for this game. A checkbox that makes the game not match you in in-progress matches. Fuck that shit.

Losing is one thing but getting thrown into a match with 30 seconds remaining and no way to clean up the mess your put into is just a fucking bad time.
This happened to me earlier. Does suck knowing it's over as soon as you join

Indignate

Dude selects Mercy. I switch. He switches to a defensive. I switch back to Lucio, and he flips back to mercy.

Why didn't you just stick as Lucio?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Overtime in this game is way too generous
Fuuuuuuck. Reaper is strangely absent from general discussion when he is an absolute powerhouse in the right hands.

That's because he typically requires a team that can aggressively push points while you flank the enemy team just outside the point. Hard to justify Reaper over Soldier or even Mcree if you've got say a Widowmaker and Genji on your team(which you pretty much always do on solo queues)

When is Blizzard releasing the Overwatch soundtrack that has the Ilios theme on there? Was bummed that it wasn't on the Collector's soundtrack.

Ambient80

I want to be good, but i just can't. The time from firing the arrow to impact is just fucking me up to much. Guess ill stick to widow for sniping purposes.

That's me with any sniper class. I've played FPS games for probably 20 years now in some form and never in any game have I ever been good with sniping. Overwatch, CoD, Battlefield, Unreal Tournament, Quake, Enemy Territory...you name it and I'm a terrible sniper in it lol.

ISOM

Yeah Hanzo is a character you either become good at or are just shit at. There's no inbetween lol. Don't give up though, I had a couple of bad games with him and then have 14-1, 16-0 games while dealing the most damage of the team.

MUnited83

For you.

Nothing wrong with having two healers though...

Whales

Banned

would've done the same thing vs mei tbh

not gonna lie, hanzo feels easy to play. Just shoot arrows like a madman. The hitbox on them is retarded so you can hit people anyway

Widow on the other hand, man I can't use her at all.

Played 9 hours non-stop today, game is amazing.

Right now I just have one complain, Torbjörn turret is way overpowered. I does a lot of damage, flawless accuracy and it has 300hp in its 2nd form. It would be nice if they reduced the damage it causes (preferentially) or the HP.

There are a lot of places where you can put it without making him a easy target for snipers, and Genji deflect ability also doesn't do much, especially if Torbjörn is besides the turret.

Any strategies?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That's me with any sniper class. I've played FPS games for probably 20 years now in some form and never in any game have I ever been good with sniping. Overwatch, CoD, Battlefield, Unreal Tournament, Quake, Enemy Territory...you name it and I'm a terrible sniper in it lol.

Im actually embarassed of the few kills I got with Hanzo. I can picture the person watching the kill cam and thinking "lol this motherfucker is just spamming arrows and one happened to hit me"

I actually dont think I got a single kill with Widowmaker. Im THAT bad at sniping.

sephi22

^ Are you me?

I'm surprisingly doing well with him. You can just keep peeking corners and spamming arrows around corners and get surprise kills. Scatter arrow is a free kill on half HP targets or tanks if you aim it at their feet. Use Sonic arrow to make MLG shots easier due to wallhacks.
Yuga Waka Teki Wa Kurau when capping or countering caps. My widow, on the other hand, is absolute trash.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Nothing wrong with having two healers though...

Yes, but we had NO dps - I'd rather have one of each than two healers and no dps/offense.

If I'm dumb, then I can admit I'm wrong. But I don't know why this guy had to keep switching right after me so it was two healers or nothing.

I even asked what he'd prefer on the mic multiple times.

/rant

EDIT: and now I'm in a game with three snipers.

It was nice playing EU PC GAF! Was a bit of a rough night but fun nonetheless. It's definitely made me want to brush up on what counters who after running into the double Bastions and the triple Tjorborns.

Demoskinos

Played 9 hours non-stop today, game is amazing.

Right now I just have one complain, Torbjörn turret is way overpowered. I does a lot of damage, flawless accuracy and it has 300hp in its 2nd form. It would be nice if they reduced the damage it causes (preferentially) or the HP.

There are a lot of places where you can put it without making him a easy target for snipers, and Genji deflect ability also doesn't do much, especially if Torbjörn is besides the turret.

Any strategies?

Tracer is good for making Torbjorn's life hell. Blink up to him Tracer mine and recall the hell out of there. Boom the dwarf and his turret are both dead.

I'm about to buy my first Leendary skin. I'm thinking Ribbit for Lúcio. He's my most played hero, my go-to support, and a blast to play. It just makes the most sense, but that's a lot of coins.

Wanderer5

Woot got two PotG today. One was Torbjorn, which I went into ult in a last ditch defense that led to victory, and the other was with Pharah for cleaning out the last objective point to take.

Ambient80

Im actually embarassed of the few kills I got with Hanzo. I can picture the person watching the kill cam and thinking "lol this motherfucker is just spamming arrows and one happened to hit me"

I actually dont think I got a single kill with Widowmaker. Im THAT bad at sniping.

😂😂 I totally know what you mean. Every shot I miss just escalates the profanities I mutter until I finally just switch classes. I don't know what it is. Maybe I over think the shots? I try to be as perfect as possible and waste too much time? I dunno. Sniping is just a complete wash for me though, regardless of game.

Wow... Some of the golds in this thread have convinced me I'm never going to be good at this game...

I'm already level 19 and I've never even come close to those scores...
nah, you just need to play smart

i have garbo aim and i've gotten like a 27 solo kill reaper game.

Trace

Banned
I've been getting slight lag a lot recently on PC, as far as I can tell my connection is fine though to everything else. Is there some magic way of fixing that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom