• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElyrionX

I lost a lot of games yesterday. Got frustrated and left a lot of games halfway. Now I have a leaver penalty to xp. How long does this last?

1000 and 2000? Despite what you may of heard on the internets, it's actually a really solid piece of hardware.

Edit: Oh god top of the page. Uhhh go Overwatch?

I own an original Vita. I know it's good hardware. I was merely commenting on the humor of owning two and having both in the same picture.

And yeah, off-screen play Overwatch! Or something.

Maddrical

I'm enjoying Symmetra more and more, putting down a clutch teleporter is so good. I don't like how people assume if I play her, we don't need another support though. She's more of a utility hero than a support hero since she has no heals, just her shield (which still is pretty good).

Still need to improve my usage of her turrets though, they're so effective but I feel like I'm not taking full advantage with them. Are they best to be used to cut off side paths & enemies who are attempting to flank? Is there a maximum amount of turrets you can place? Also is there a way to destroy your teleporter so your ulti starts charging again?

I'm enjoying Symmetra more and more, putting down a clutch teleporter is so good. I don't like how people assume if I play her, we don't need another support though. She's more of a utility hero than a support hero since she has no heals, just her shield (which still is pretty good).

Still need to improve my usage of her turrets though, they're so effective but I feel like I'm not taking full advantage with them. Are they best to be used to cut off side paths & enemies who are attempting to flank? Is there a maximum amount of turrets you can place? Also is there a way to destroy your teleporter so your ulti starts charging again?

She became my favorite tonight. Didn't expect it but laying down turrets in clever places and using her two different shoot styles is really satisfying.

Moonlight

Banned
Numbani is pretty great, though I think Dorado's my favourite map in terms of looks.

It's silly, yeah, and it's why I think her being classified as a support when the three other characters you can pick in the category have some way of healing their teammates and keeping them in a fight is sort of an issue. People get the wrong impression and the team builder doesn't see the difference.

There is something magical about six people being in a group together, clicking well, and absolutely wrecking face. Tonight was probably some of the best gaming of my life. This game is phenomenal.

Whales

Banned
x1lCyWd.jpg

I guess i'll start playing tracer a little bit now ( literally never touched her)

ALSO, wow. I used Zarya for once and she finally clicked with me. Funny because like 20 pages ago I said she sucked... lmao

Zarya is a beast

Six turrets. There's a counter on the left.

MGrant

It's silly, yeah, and it's why I think her being classified as a support when the three other characters you can pick in the category have some way of healing their teammates and keeping them in a fight is sort of an issue. People get the wrong impression and the team builder doesn't see the difference.

She and Zarya both have the issue of not really belonging in their category. Symmetra's a hybrid support-defense character, Zarya's a support-tank. If you have a Zarya, you probably still need another Tank so she has an easy target to shield, and you definitely need a support character in addition to Symmetra on defense, because she's not going to be actively supporting anyone beyond giving them a shield.

zoukka

Yeah, Torbjorn being in a different class of hero than Symmetra is weird. They both have turrets and can buff their allies health.

Torbjörn however is more offensive, has better range and dps in long and medium distances and has an insane hp/dps ult. He needs scrap too so he can't gove armor until fights are happening. His turrets cover a large area whereas symmetria can only create small pockets of defence.

kendrid

Banned
Just had a game with 6 soldier: 76(was one of them), we won. Also got the the Shutout trophy.

I was against 3 Soldier 76 and a Mercy. We got our asses kicked.

I am noticing teams use the same character in multiples as an advantage. 3 D.Vas, etc. In that case I switched to a D.Va to try to hold them off.

Gryph

Well I've now lost more than half of my matches played and am a confirmed scrub...

What am I doing wrong Gaf?

I stay by the objectives, and I switch heroes to try and counter the other team... Am I just to old to play such a twitchy shooter?

Whales

Banned
Well I've now lost more than half of my matches played and am a confirmed scrub...

I stay by the objectives, and I switch heroes to try and counter the other team... Am I just to old to play such a twitchy shooter?

It's a team game.

No matter how good you are you can't carry your whole team dude. Sometimes you get matched either with people who don't play the objectives OR with a clearly better group. Not your fault

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Listening to Giantbomb's Jeff Gerstmann, arguably one of the most jaded motherfuckers on the internet (or some would say) go from "Man fuck Overwatch, that game does nothing for me, I do not like that game" for months and turn it around the last few weeks after playing open beta and now live and apparently really liking it (its really well made and just fun are 2 of thenthings he said on a recent bombcast) reminds me a lot of some people on Gaf. It seems that if many of the people trashing it would actually try it and judge for themselves they might feel differently. I mean, who cares in the end, its not like this is a little indie game that needs the help, its just something I was thinking about while watching the quicklook a few days ago and now listening to this podcast from a few weeks ago. /shrug

I own an original Vita. I know it's good hardware. I was merely commenting on the humor of owning two and having both in the same picture.

And yeah, off-screen play Overwatch! Or something.

Oh, the "why in god's name" part made it sound negative to me lol. I need sleep.

I actually don't have the game on PS4 but I'm not sure I would play it on remote play anyways. The latency would be a little too much, unless I only play as Winston or something.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

If you lost half your matches you are right where blizzard wants you to be. They aim for 50/50 win loss ration on their games, which is kinda shitty but it is what it is. Most of us are probably close to that tbh.

Im at 151 games with 80 wins so yeah, a little over 50/50

ExVicis

If you lost half your matches you are right where blizzard wants you to be. They aim for 50/50 win loss ration on their games, which is kinda shitty but it is what it is. Most of us are probably close to that tbh.

Fuck yeah I'm just over 50% win/loss ratio! Go me! 77 out of 128!

Edit: Jesus Raknar, you jinxed me. I've entered 3 games that were just seconds away from a loss. Take responsibility!

//ARCANUM

I have OW on PC and have a bunch of friends who play on PS4..... and.... i just bought it on PS4 too lol. What have i become.

edit - which means i'm also selling the origins edition code that comes with the PS4 copy (the extra goodies), hit me up if interested

Maddrical

Just had a game with 6 soldier: 76(was one of them), we won. Also got the the Shutout trophy.

I played a game against 5 Soldier 76s and a Reinhardt who were on attack on a Payload map. It was really, really rough. Constant heals and shield up-time. In hindsight we should've got a couple of Bastion's and ripped them to shreds but as usual my team was mostly Widowmakers & Hanzos.

Gator86

I'm at around 70% wins on 70 games and I'm nearing my breaking point with randoms. I fear for the day when I level up high enough that I can't just push the payload the entire way myself with Zarya.

Moonlight

Banned
I think I'm pretty below par as far as winrate goes, lol. I blame a whole lot of solo queue, though.

I was surprised when I got the angle juuuuuuuust right then BOOM.
Spent the day trying to practice nailing my trajectories for the ult and it's just super satisfying. I just need to figure the maps out better for maximum surprise factor on them.

I'm glad this game is only $40. I told myself over and over I wouldn't get, then good word of mouth convinced me. I'm enjoying it...but it seems like something I'm going to get tired of real real quick. Most matches feel completely lopsided---I either wreck or get wrecked. I dunno. I'll keep at it and maybe it'll click for me here soon.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Eh, if we're gonna feel bad about our win/loss, then I may as well quit. Level 17, maybe 100+ games; and I think I'm hovering around 37 games won.

I just can't control my team - period. I feel like if more than half the games I lose, I still have a card at the end of the match, and am even often voted "epic," I must be doing something right.

That said, I do wish I won more.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Hit 100 wins finally, 67 losses to go with it
Quarter in the way to hitting 27

22hours played

I can't get enough of this game. I wake up, go to work, come home and play this till it's time for bed every day now.

Just so much fun. It's so nice to play an online FPS that doesn't revolve around unlocking weapons and bullshit again.

Gator86

Eh, if we're gonna feel bad about our win/loss, then I may as well quit. Level 17, maybe 100+ games; and I think I'm hovering around 37 games won.

I just can't control my team - period. I feel like if more than half the games I lose, I still have a card at the end of the match, and am even often voted "epic," I must be doing something right.

That said, I do wish I won more.

Yeah, like other people have mentioned, win rate is mostly random. In Destiny, my per game player stats were all in the 95th percentile according to a tracking site. My win rate? 20th percentile. I lost almost every single game no matter how well I played.

I was playing with a friend tonight, and though I've said it before, I have to say it again: God, Arcade mode Mei and Winston are OP. They both become nigh impossible to hit, and even when you do, chances are they'll heal it back. I think we only lost one game tonight.

Also shout-out to Traum's group. I had a lot of fun in the couple of matches I played with you guys.

Edit: W/L is 54 - 47 with 101 games played. If they want ~50%, they got it.

Xeteh

I'm really tired of McCree's Flashbang. I have to rely on him to be predictable with it to even attempt to counter it when I play Mei. It gets old trying to flank a team to run in to a McCree that can press a button to instantly stun me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom