• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

How are you guys recording and making your .gifs? Shadowplay -> Giphy?

How did this game not ship with a basic save highlights function, let alone some really cool share options?

Ark

How did this game not ship with a basic save highlights function, let alone some really cool share options?

They were working on balance tweeks I suppose. Replay/spectator functionality should be coming though, IIRC they're working on it at least.

Indignate

So does Widowmaker ult have a tell or what? I swear I never hear her say anything when she's on the enemy team and I only know she used it after I watch the killcam.

I begrudgingly switched over to Reinhardt as no one else was bothering to tank, and to my amazement I actually enjoyed it. I need to make a habit of trying more of the heroes. What a great game.

RevenWolf

1st time I think it's just luck. second time I think, hmmm maybe this person is decent? third time I was like, okay you win i'm out.

Haha fair enough :p

My general rule is that if I'm killed by a character I know is my hard counter, I assume the guy knows what he's doing, switch to counter him and get revenge!

Wanderer5

Just explored Nepal solo via custom, so I can admire the map in peace and also find Genji's room which was pretty nice to check out. Nepal is so beautiful, through I probably bit of a sucker for it after exploring Nepal and Tibet not too long ago in the Tomb Raider series.

Should explore the rest of the maps.

valeo

1st time I think it's just luck. second time I think, hmmm maybe this person is decent? third time I was like, okay you win i'm out.

Pharah v Widowmaker is interesting; I was playing as Pharah yesterday and got done 3 times in a row by a really good Widow - they used her grappling hook to change position every time I got a read .

Pharah can also counter Widowmaker pretty well if Widowmaker is directly above, and you don't give her time to aim at you. If you stand directly below where the widow is and fly up, they usually dont have time to do anything.

Basically, if you're close, Pharah > Widow and the further away you are Widow > Pharah

I started playing Winston today, and he is a lot of fun. Ironically, now I know how good his bubble shield is and will take advantage of it even when I'm not him.

Pharah v Widowmaker is interesting; I was playing as Pharah yesterday and got done 3 times in a row by a really good Widow - they used her grappling hook to change position every time I got a read .

Pharah can also counter Widowmaker pretty well if Widowmaker is directly above, and you don't give her time to aim at you. If you stand directly below where the widow is and fly up, they usually dont have time to do anything.

Basically, if you're close, Pharah > Widow and the further away you are Widow > Pharah
Her concussion blast will also fuck up Widow/Hanzo's day. Concussion blast is so under used, imo. On KOTH, I usually get a commendation for most environment kills (5+).

CjcTDMnUYAAibJ4.jpg:large
hello-darkness-gob-gif-wall-4.gif

I hate pubbies

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So does Widowmaker ult have a tell or what? I swear I never hear her say anything when she's on the enemy team and I only know she used it after I watch the killcam.

Bonjour ma cherri voulez vous coucher avec moi

I begrudgingly switched over to Reinhardt as no one else was bothering to tank, and to my amazement I actually enjoyed it. I need to make a habit of trying more of the heroes. What a great game.
Reinhardt has quickly become one of my favorite characters.

Thrusting forward and smashing enemies into walls never gets old. Haha

theultimo

I use geforce Experience Beta
http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/gfe-beta

Its literally Shadowplay but with an overlay and DVR functionality. I set it up to always record in the background and just hit save when a good match occurs. Works like Xbox/PS4.

Gifs you can cut out with something like imgur.

Kurumi

I swear if I get into another match where no one wants to be tank while I'm support or vice versa I'm going to flip a table.

Laputa_94

I have been having a lot of fun playing with fellow gaffers the past two days. Tonights highlight was a double Reinhardt, double Torbjörn, Bastion, Zenyatta defense. Needless to say it worked in our favor.

I also got all 12 votes in the post game which is something I have never seen happen. And heres what happens when a Widowmaker ragdolls through a fence.

Went pretty even on matches tonight. Had some good matches, and had some downright awful matches.

But, I got Thunderbird Pharah after saving up some credits. I need to get better with her. I like the TF2 Soldier better than Pharah, but Pharah obviously plays very differently. Hopefully I can get her down pat.

Just explored Nepal solo via custom, so I can admire the map in peace and also find Genji's room which was pretty nice to check out. Nepal is so beautiful, through I probably bit of a sucker for it after exploring Nepal and Tibet not too long ago in the Tomb Raider series.

Should explore the rest of the maps.

This is a good idea, I'm going to do this as well 😎

Moonlight

Banned
It's bothering me more than it should that the only legendary skins I have are for Reaper and Soldier 76, like respectively my least favourite characters in the game in looks and play style.

Man, that feeling when you got a decent Mercy backing you up. Feels good, man.
As someone who often plays Mercy, it feels even better when your team appreciates that fact and actually tries to form around you.

seriously fuck every reinhardt who thinks me buzzing him with a heal means he has free license to fuck around hammering shit while thinking he can just drag me along like i'm leashed

A random noticed it tonight too. iM@S is life.
aw yeah

Anytime I'm playing with Reinhardt on payload, it feels as though I'm working for the Reinhardt moving company.

Stand on payload. Shield out. Cruise.

valeo

Sometimes I like to sneak up behind an enemy group and let them have it at ground level.

Sometimes I think it's actually more effective to use at ground level because everyone looks up aha

Out of all the characters in the game, having a Mercy on my team makes me feel better about our chances of winning.

Lucio is the better all round character, but too many people who play him just like to wander off and get killed.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I'm really tired of McCree's Flashbang. I have to rely on him to be predictable with it to even attempt to counter it when I play Mei. It gets old trying to flank a team to run in to a McCree that can press a button to instantly stun me.

Oh the irony.

Xeteh

Oh the irony.

I knew someone couldn't hold back some snide comment about that. They're TOTALLY the same, one is instant and the other takes a couple seconds of uninterrupted channeling and she can totally use that time to instantly burst down a tank with her right click.

I played like three hours of Mercy tonight despite barely touching her in the betas. I got really tired of random supports swapping off Lucio/Mercy to be useless with Widowmaker.

You know you're in for a good time when they run TO you for heals.

Please do this. Mercy bounces around a lot so it might be hard to keep her location in the back of your mind, but if you're in dire straits, make her job easier for her.

also please kill the tracer

IKizzLE

Man, Zarya is the ultimate "turn the tide" character. I can't tell you how many matches we won today at the last second thanks to a black hole that reversed the tide of the rest of the match. Jeez....she's the ultimate MVP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom