• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Pretty awesome victory on Temple of Anubis. Me (D.Va) and a Zarya combo our ults to win us the game.
https://youtu.be/pFmWJtZMOzw

Yeah, it's becoming more and more apparent that many ults are meant to combo and not be used by yourself.

EDIT:Anyone on PC really taken aback by how few people have mics? I mean, the most recent shooter I've played is R6: Siege, and even with randoms, typically almost the whole team always has a microphone.

And if you compare this to TF2 or CS:Go, it's still really light. I've probably only talked to ~ten folks in ten hours of play.

ExVicis

Alright, I was worried there. was having a bit of a losing streak but now I seem to be fine again. Good ol' Symmetra on King's Row. Never let's me down.

Just started playing Zenyatta on a whim and...my god I love this peace-lovin'-mofo! Dude's amazingly fun to play; been maining him the last few hours. But I doubt I'm going to be winning any "Play of the Game" as him. 😞

Past

Ugh, I hate when I am the only one on my team moving the payload. Either people don't know that they need to stay close to the payload to move it or they just don't care about the objective.

Danj

Woke up early this morning so decided to have a quick blast on Overwatch before getting up properly. I love it when you can snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

Opposing team had captured the objective and gotten the payload almost to the destination, we managed to halt it only a few metres away.

Got my first POTG since release!

22iW9Ox.jpg

Also, does anyone know if Reporting actually does anything. One game, our whole team got reported just for running a full Mei lineup. We all thought it was hilarious, because there are some really good counters. But I was just wondering what reporting actually does.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So I just had a nightmare match

Temple of Anubis, Defend
Attack, 5 Genji, 1 Symetra

Me Bastion... Phew...

They took A with the fucking quickness
I just heard Ultimates go off for fucking ever

They had 8 minutes for B

I switched to Roadhog
Our team swapped hardcore to combat them

I went Mei, Reaper, Roadhog just to keep them at bay

We won with Winston, Roadhog, Zaraya, Mei, Zenyatta and Torbjorn
Fucking amazing hold

RevenWolf

Also, does anyone know if Reporting actually does anything. One game, our whole team got reported just for running a full Mei lineup. We all thought it was hilarious, because there are some really good counters. But I was just wondering what reporting actually does.

It depends what system is being used, but usually reporting normally just flags your matches, and someone will check if you're hacking or verbally abusing etc.

Just playing the game will never be punished (assuming they are at all competent) I find that the general rule for online pvp to make sure your ass is covered from sore losers is to not be a jerk ever.

That way even if you get reported tons from people that hate losing, you are in no danger of anything happening.

With that said, continue your 6 man Meis! Drink the tears of your enemies and use the salt they produce to keep your driveway ice free!

ElyrionX

What's with the matchmaking?

I'm level 20, friend is level 15, puts a level 4, and 6 on our team and the other team has 4 30+s ...

I am noticing this as well. It's really frustrating. Some games I am losing 100-0. Payload games don't even reach the first checkpoint, etc. The teams are so lopsided.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
HOLY. SHIT.

Was playing CP, and it was the third round (1 win/ea so far); and the game ends up in overtime at 99% and 99% for a SOLID five or six minutes. Holy shit was it a blast. I mean - here I am with Lucio, and just skating on walls, dropping heals, timing my ult, bouncing around to keep the team as healed as possible. Everything is so perfectly evenly matched, and both teams are playing smart.

We ended up losing - but I don't even care. All parties agreed it was an absolutely sublime game.

jacobs34

Good games tonight PS4 crew, I'm going to my fiance's parents lakehouse all weekend and I kind of just want stay here and play Overwatch. This game has it's claws in me like few ever have.

Maximo

Just started playing Zenyatta on a whim and...my god I love this peace-lovin'-mofo! Dude's amazingly fun to play; been maining him the last few hours. But I doubt I'm going to be winning any "Play of the Game" as him. 😞

Im a idiot thought you meant Lucio haha. Zen needs a health buff Widowmaker can one shot body hit him.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Fuck yeah I'm just over 50% win/loss ratio! Go me! 77 out of 128!

Edit: Jesus Raknar, you jinxed me. I've entered 3 games that were just seconds away from a loss. Take responsibility!

Dude dont blame me, thats the blizzard MO. I'm surprised more people didnt know this lol.

You win a few, then you lose a few, then you lose a few, then you win a few. 50/50 baby. Blizzard are the WWE of matchmaking. Its not even a dirty secret either, they are very open about it (at least they were on HotS)

HOLY. SHIT.

Was playing CP, and it was the third round (1 win/ea so far); and the game ends up in overtime at 99% and 99% for a SOLID five or six minutes. Holy shit was it a blast. I mean - here I am with Lucio, and just skating on walls, dropping heals, timing my ult, bouncing around to keep the team as healed as possible. Everything is so perfectly evenly matched, and both teams are playing smart.

We ended up losing - but I don't even care. All parties agreed it was an absolutely sublime game.

Some of these games are fucking crazy. Had a game were me and my friends were straight up laughing for like 2 fucking minutes of Overtime because of how ridiculous it was. Constant fight on the point, ultimate's going off everywhere, everyone refusing to lose, it was absolutely incredible. I've had close games, but this particular one was insane as hell, I didn't even know what was going on half of the time or how I was keeping myself alive. Ended up wining but I have no problem losing games like those. This fucking game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Enemy 76s: Ult and aimbot their way freely.

Me on 76: Ult and imediatly get sniped ;_;

ExVicis

Dude dont blame me, thats the blizzard MO. I'm surprised more people didnt know this lol.

You win a few, then you lose a few, then you lose a few, then you win a few. 50/50 baby. Blizzard are the WWE of matchmaking. Its not even a dirty secret either, they are very open about it (at least they were on HotS)
I was doing fine until you told me! Maybe it's placebo effect but I think you did it!

Also I'm losing again.

Sifl

I got a multiple quintuple kills with Zenyatta, went 48/6, was on fire almost the whole match and the play of the game was tracer throwing a pulse bomb on 3 ppl caught in Zarya's Ult.

RevenWolf

I got a multiple quintuple kills with Zenyatta, went 48/6, was on fire almost the whole match and the play of the game was tracer throwing a pulse bomb on 3 ppl caught in Zarya's Ult.

Are you sure they were 5 kills within a very short (5 seconds or so) time span? Or do you mean you had multiple times where you killed 5+ people in one life? Because a quintuple kill will always trump a triple, unless I suppose she killed one or two enemies just as they used their ultimates?

Xeteh

Awesome, a D.Va on the other team just got POTG because our Reinhardt charged her Mech in to 2 of us that were hiding behind cover.

Skel1ingt0n

Do D.Va's bullets not hurt Reinhardt's shields? Seemed like they weren't doing much.

I feel like there needs to be more recognition for when someone dominates a game. Play of the game a lot of the time just goes to someone who got a nice killstreak. I feel like highlights from the MVP would be nice too.

I'm really tired of McCree's Flashbang. I have to rely on him to be predictable with it to even attempt to counter it when I play Mei. It gets old trying to flank a team to run in to a McCree that can press a button to instantly stun me.

To be fair that's Mcree's biggest and probably only trait, he is the games top anti flanker, without it he is basically the most boring character in the game.

Sifl

Are you sure they were 5 kills within a very short (5 seconds or so) time span? Or do you mean you had multiple times where you killed 5+ people in one life? Because a quintuple kill will always trump a triple, unless I suppose she killed one or two enemies just as they used their ultimates?
Yea, I no cause it said triple, quad, quintuple. I was sure I'd
get it ;-;.

Squire

Banned
Played a few games as Mercy tonight and fell in love all over again. I love how simple Mercy is to operate, but also how much awareness you need. Keeping people topped off, making the choice to heal or boost, staying out of the fray, but not to far away, using her boost to navigate. It's great. I can really contribute and make a difference without being any sort of marksmen. I hadn't played her since the beta, but I'm going to way more often. Bought a skin for her with my coins, too.

We also jumped into Arcade Mode and went all Winston and then all Mei. That mode is broken and ridiculous and a ton of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom