• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't happen before when using the WASD movement keys but when I hold the W to move forward after a while and I let go the character still continues to move a bit.

Also when I try to move backwards with the S button after moving forward theres like a big delay. Is there anything I can do to remedy this?

Just got 3 straight wins. First level with Torbjorn and the other two with Reinhardt, getting play of the game with the first two matches. Hell, I went with Reinhardt attacking and went 6-0, never dying. Goddamn...

IbukiLordSA

That Soldier/Mercy combo is legit!!

EGHbIrU.jpg

As someone who often plays Mercy, it feels even better when your team appreciates that fact and actually tries to form around you.

seriously fuck every reinhardt who thinks me buzzing him with a heal means he has free license to fuck around hammering shit while thinking he can just drag me along like i'm leashed

Please forgive me lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
You know you're in for a good time when they run TO you for heals.

I finished a Mercy match day before yesterday with me being the only player on fire. Felt damn good.

I think I'm starting to feel symmetra. She's not a healer, but the turrets and teleport can make all the difference in a match plus shields are nice too. Her weapon is also surprisingly effective as it deals more damage over time.

spiritfox

Just explored Nepal solo via custom, so I can admire the map in peace and also find Genji's room which was pretty nice to check out. Nepal is so beautiful, through I probably bit of a sucker for it after exploring Nepal and Tibet not too long ago in the Tomb Raider series.

Should explore the rest of the maps.

I really like Nepal. I prefer the KotH maps over the A/D maps most of the time, but Nepal is just so pretty.

Jolkien

Only thin I wish they would change is multiple copy of the same hero per team. Double Torbjorn all day when the ennemy is defending. Not fun.

george_us

Symmetra is a fucking beast when your team is on Defense. Every time I or someone else has picked her, we've dominated. Once she lays down a teleporter that's pretty much ball game.

kiguel182

So, I have a lore related question: What's up with that Reaper skin where he is just a dude?

On the videos it seems like that dude is an Overwatch but on the Reaper page it doesn't mention Reaper being an Overwatch turned bad... What's his backstory?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I knew someone couldn't hold back some snide comment about that. They're TOTALLY the same, one is instant and the other takes a couple seconds of uninterrupted channeling and she can totally use that time to instantly burst down a tank with her right click.

Mei is so much scarier. Mccree is like a mosquito that occasionally gets to bite you. Mei is like a swarm of locust that kills everyone in your village.

So, I have a lore related question: What's up with that Reaper skin where he is just a dude?

On the videos it seems like that dude is an Overwatch but on the Reaper page it doesn't mention Reaper being an Overwatch turned bad... What's his backstory?

He was a Blackwatch agent, the dirty side of Overwatch. That skin is before Mercy turned him into Miles Edgelord

a couple of co-workers are talking about this game- thinking about picking it up but was not sold on it from the beta...

Is this best played WITH people as opposed to running and gunning?

Also- I just finished Doom and am having a hard time going back to other shooters (Rainbow six is killing me with how slow it is) how does this stack up?

Moonlight

Banned
Mei is so much scarier. Mccree is like a mosquito that occasionally gets to bite you. Mei is like a swarm of locust that kills everyone in your village.
The mosquito comparison fits Mei way more than McCree. There's literally no way Mei can do anything in terms of real damage unless she isolates you in a 1v1, especially compared to McCree, who can one-shot squishies and melt tanks with decent aim and has an actual ultimate that kills everyone in your village if you let him. McCree is a monster in a way Mei is just incapable of being.

Only thin I wish they would change is multiple copy of the same hero per team. Double Torbjorn all day when the ennemy is defending. Not fun.

We were a 6 man mei team and we stopped the other team from leaving the spawn for a good 3 mins before we felt bad and let them out.

Sorry, sorry, sorry

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
a couple of co-workers are talking about this game- thinking about picking it up but was not sold on it from the beta...

Is this best played WITH people as opposed to running and gunning?

Also- I just finished Doom and am having a hard time going back to other shooters (Rainbow six is killing me with how slow it is) how does this stack up?

yes. you even get a 20% exp bonus if you are in a team.

ExVicis

Pretty much Reaper was a Spec Ops Overwatch also McCree's boss and used to be Soldier 76's friend but they all split up when Overwatch got slandered and had a big internal war.

Rocketz

I've been playing a ton of Genji. Getting deflection kills is the best thing ever. Feels so good every time.

Roadhog continues to be a staple pick since no one wants to be a tank.

Dalek

I got play of the game for the first time with the final seconds of the game ejecting from my mech and sending it flying into a group of 4 of the enemy surrounding the payload. Turned it off for the night right after-I like going out on a high note.

Good lord. I've logged 7 hours as Pharah, 5 as Junkrat and 1 as D.va... Those are my top three. I like playing as other characters too but Pharah is so damn effective. I've been playing a lot of Torbjorn today, too. And I just started using Reaper. Really love how diverse the cast is.

Trace

Banned
Pretty much Reaper was a Spec Ops Overwatch also McCree's boss and used to be Soldier 76's friend but they all split up when Overwatch got slandered and had a big internal war.

Reaper was the leader of the group that became Overwatch after the Omnic Crisis ended, however official leadership was given to Soldier 76 and Reaper was passed over.

After this he joined Blackwatch, the Spec Ops division of Overwatch.

The infighting of Solider 76 and Reaper eventually got so bad that Reaper led a rebellion that ended up in the destruction of the Overwatch headquarters.

After that he goes and does Reaper things and kills everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom