• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExVicis

After that he goes and does Reaper things and kills everyone.
As opposed to Soldier 76 who goes and does...Soldier things and kills everyone (but not kids!). It's weird when you think about it like that. Pretty much everyone left that fight angry, with some kind of thing on their face and a Batman voice.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
POST EM
Pocket medic'd like a scumbag

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/ Login and View Profile
SgQMqA5.jpg
Good lord. I've logged 7 hours as Pharah, 5 as Junkrat and 1 as D.va... Those are my top three. I like playing as other characters too but Pharah is so damn effective. I've been playing a lot of Torbjorn today, too. And I just started using Reaper. Really love how diverse the cast is.
Yeah I really wanted to like Pharah, but it didn't click in beta. Now it feels like the rocket hitbox is 2x as large, or maybe swapping crosshairs and playing more than an hour helped.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Man

I really wished they gave you loot boxes based on earning gold medals.

Would have been a good incentive.

I get gold medals most games..but yes I would be okay with that. maybe they will give us dailies like "earn 3 gold medals" or something like that.

yay I'm rank 21 in the D.VA leaderboards. is that good? I hope it's good >>

Nyx

Seems I've been playing D. Va and Lucio the most so far, did not expect that coming out of the beta.

Also, whoever said D. Va can't hurt people further away with her main gun should try again. And I love it when I put up her reflecting shield, so much fun seeing people kill themselves.

Xeteh

Mei is so much scarier. Mccree is like a mosquito that occasionally gets to bite you. Mei is like a swarm of locust that kills everyone in your village.

Mei's damage is pathetic, she's not beating you with that. 1v1 she can't take on tanks consistently, especially if they can aim. Reinhardt's damage is too high up close and his shield can slow the freeze. Zarya is straight up immune to being frozen when she shields. In group fights she's a pest unless she has her ult which is the only time she's scary in team fights. If Mei is so terrifying and so strong why am I rarely seeing her in games? Unless I'm the Mei she isn't around in my games much and I'm L30. There's almost always a McCree on each team.

Moonlight

Banned
Seems I've been playing D. Va and Lucio the most so far, did not expect that coming out of the beta.

Also, whoever said D. Va can't hurt people further away with her main gun should try again. And I love it when I put up her reflecting shield, so much fun seeing people kill themselves.
Her shield doesn't reflect, though...?

kiguel182

some of it comes from the dialog between him and Mcree or Mercy in-game, and the name of the skin itself is Blackwatch Reyes (i think)

Love that they use that as a storyline vehicle in the game. Really cool.

Pretty much Reaper was a Spec Ops Overwatch also McCree's boss and used to be Soldier 76's friend but they all split up when Overwatch got slandered and had a big internal war.

Apparently Soldier 76 is looking for the reason Overwatch disbanded. Maybe Reaper betrayed them or something.

I'm really curious to see how the advance the story moving forward (if they do that at all).

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
The mosquito comparison fits Mei way more than McCree. There's literally no way Mei can do anything in terms of real damage unless she isolates you in a 1v1, especially compared to McCree, who can one-shot squishies and melt tanks with decent aim and has an actual ultimate that kills everyone in your village if you let him. McCree is a monster in a way Mei is just incapable of being.

She has literally half a jillion the utility he does. A mediocre mei is still leagues more useful than a mediocre mccree.

Xeteh

I'm in the low thirties for Lucio... Which blows my mind frankly...

Aw shit, #14th with Mei. I'm assuming its because people haven't entered in their battle.net name for it to search?

She has literally half a jillion utility than he does. A mediocre mei is still leagues more useful than a mediocre mccree.

K

Lemme know the next time a mediocre Mei is useful by blocking you away from kills.

Moonlight

Banned
Lol it doesn't ? I'm sure I'm getting kills when it's up without firing myself?

Or did I play so much yesterday that I'm mixing stuff up in my mind...
It doesn't. All it does is neutralize incoming projectiles. Which is useful for like, totally blowing away Pharah's missile barrage or eating bullets from a Bastion who doesn't know how to stop firing, but it doesn't reflect anything back at the opponents.

If you tagged an enemy with her fusion cannons or bumped them with your boosters or something and someone else finishes them off, you're still credited with a kill, so maybe that's what you're thinking.

Keasar

I sometimes enjoy this game.

But often I just feel contempt and hate over how shit it goes. Teammates who never switch heroes even though they keep throwing themselves against a meatgrinder. Enemies with seemingly unbeatable setups you just cant get through. Roadhogs who are giant fat dicks you can't figure out to counter.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Mei's damage is pathetic, she's not beating you with that. 1v1 she can't take on tanks consistently, especially if they can aim. Reinhardt's damage is too high up close and his shield can slow the freeze. Zarya is straight up immune to being frozen when she shields. In group fights she's a pest unless she has her ult which is the only time she's scary in team fights. If Mei is so terrifying and so strong why am I rarely seeing her in games? Unless I'm the Mei she isn't around in my games much and I'm L30. There's almost always a McCree on each team.
Aw shit, #14th with Mei. I'm assuming its because people haven't entered in their battle.net name for it to search?

Lemme know the next time a mediocre Mei is useful by blocking you away from kills.
Yup on leaderboards.

I feel its a weird skill floor for each. Flanking Mei's are super annoying just as McCree, but getting rid of a Mei is harder and wall helps a lot for stalling / control / negating ultimates / getting team pickoffs. Same for freezing a tank, lets the team get headshots and mitigates damage (on no CD!).

High level snap shotting roaming McCrees are scary, but a great Mei, if it fits, its quite good. It's just McCree can almost always fit in more maps more of the time.

As far as good Mei's I've run into it's just 2 in 18 levels, but I'm playing in stacks so the coordination is higher which might factor in?

Nyx

It doesn't. All it does is neutralize incoming projectiles. Which is useful for like, totally blowing away Pharah's missile barrage or eating bullets from a Bastion who doesn't know how to stop firing, but it doesn't reflect anything back at the opponents.

If you tagged an enemy with her fusion cannons or bumped them with your boosters or something and someone else finishes them off, you're still credited with a kill, so maybe that's what you're thinking.

Yeah then it must be something like that, lol.
And I was telling a friend last night how much fun her 'reflective' shield is haha.

Back to the drawing board for me.

zoukka

Yup on leaderboards.

I feel its a weird skill floor for each. Flanking Mei's are super annoying just as McCree, but getting rid of a Mei is harder and wall helps a lot for stalling / control / negating ultimates / getting team pickoffs. Same for freezing a tank, lets the team get headshots and mitigates damage (on no CD!).

High level snap shotting roaming McCrees are scary, but a great Mei, if it fits, its quite good. It's just McCree can almost always fit in more maps more of the time.

As far as good Mei's I've run into it's just 2 in 18 levels, but I'm playing in stacks so the coordination is higher which might factor in?

Mei is more situational, not that amazing in open areas, whereas McCree is just a god tier hero who works everywhere. The stun is one of the strongest abilities in the game and in good hands his revolver kills both from long range and especially from short range.

McCree might get some nerfs at some point for sure.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

K

Would still take that any day over mediocre mccree who's in the kill feed getting bodied every 20 seconds until he finally rage quits because his aim is so bad he couldn't hit land skydiving.

Nyx

Mei is more situational, not that amazing in open areas, whereas McCree is just a god tier hero who works everywhere. The stun is one of the strongest abilities in the game and in good hands his revolver kills both from long range and especially from short range.

McCree might get some nerfs at some point for sure.

McCree seems like such a straightforward hero, but I can't hit anyone with him. He feels weird.... Next to Genji my worst char for sure.

Xeteh

Would still take that any day over mediocre mccree who's in the kill feed getting bodied every 20 seconds until he finally rage quits because his aim is so bad he couldn't hit land skydiving.

You believe in a Mei to go in to melee range and channel a low damage beam long enough to stun and then hit a headshot for a kill but a McCree in to the same range and pressing E and right click aiming at the body is too hard?

K

ExVicis

McCree seems like such a straightforward hero, but I can't hit anyone with him. He feels weird.... Next to Genji my worst char for sure.
McCree just takes getting used to. You just have to figure out his ranges and then get the hang of his roll as a dodge and a reload and you're set.

Nyx

Genji, Widow, McCree, they all have high skill ceiling and are god tier in high level play.

My Widowmaker is okay, I feel at least.
But Genji and McCree, hmmm.... Maybe I should play them both a lot today to get a better feeling with them!

16BitNova

Fuck, ever since switching Lucios controls around (PS4) to jump with L2, I haven't lost a game. Constantly wall riding like Titanfall and healing my team or speed boosting them when needed. I forget the gaffers name but, thanks for the tip. I've won like 15 games straight! Even Genji couldn't keep up lol.

m4st4

I never understood Mei salt until one from MY OWN TEAM started trolling us. Wanna capture point A before enemy team? How about that ICE WALL right on our doorstep? Or, even better, how about another one in your face during one of the attempts to win the game? Yup, I've never sent a PM to an unknown player before that shitty match.

I don't mind Mei... but I hate troll players and she's perfect for that. God help us all.

I've pretty much stopped seeing Mei in games, now with Twitch popping 24/7 with streams for the game, people are learning what's top tier and gravitating towards that. Open Beta was pretty free of McCree's in the 25 hours I played, but now you see one on practically every team. He's just so universally good, there's a reason why competitive Overwatch is basically 'Pick a McCree and one map specific DPS, who could also possibly be a second McCree'. I think Route 66 was the only map from the stats I saw where McCree wasn't the overwhelming choice for DPS.

There's just never a bad time to have a McCree, just like Lucio for the support and Reinhardt for the tanks. He's just so versatile on all maps, 1v1, crowd control, suppressing fire with the team, flanking, everything. Puts out so much damage from short to mid range...

also, fuck Mei

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I've pretty much stopped seeing Mei in games, now with Twitch popping 24/7 with streams for the game, people are learning what's top tier and gravitating towards that. Open Beta was pretty free of McCree's in the 25 hours I played, but now you see one on practically every team. He's just so universally good, there's a reason why competitive Overwatch is basically 'Pick a McCree and one map specific DPS, who could also possibly be a second McCree'. I think Route 66 was the only map from the stats I saw where McCree wasn't the overwhelming choice for DPS.

And people are craving for competitive mode...why again? :p

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
You believe in a Mei to go in to melee range and channel a low damage beam long enough to stun and then hit a headshot for a kill but a McCree in to the same range and pressing E and right click aiming at the body is too hard?

K

When was the last time mccree rolled up on your payload and took your whole team out with a stun grenade?

SwolBro

Banned
this is PC though right? because McCree on console is not easy to use and i usually never run into anyone that is very threatening with him.

my Tracer is getting so good i hardly ever lose a 1v1 against anyone... accept a fucking turret.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom