• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Roadhog is under-appreciated, he's incredibly fun despite his limited moveset. His short special cooldowns let him stay in the action at pretty much all times.

POST EM
Pocket medic'd like a scumbag

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/ Login and View Profile

Yeah I really wanted to like Pharah, but it didn't click in beta. Now it feels like the rocket hitbox is 2x as large, or maybe swapping crosshairs and playing more than an hour helped.

I am the most boringest and most awfulest player.

huwMfqj.png

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Why would he even bother? He'd Deadeye from range.

And hit the one guy who's playing with the sound off if he's lucky to not get an arrow in the face. Meanwhile Mei is freezing my whole team on the payload, blocking the said dead eye and everything else and then turning into an ice cube if things get too dicey.

Xeteh

Roadhog is under-appreciated, he's incredibly fun despite his limited moveset. His short special cooldowns let him stay in the action at pretty much all times.

I love Roadhog, he's my go to tank for defending. Had a match earlier where for the first half I was sitting around 75% hook accuracy and I felt godlike.

Rocketz

Well its almost 4:30 in the morning here. I see the troll groups are out at this hour. Joined a game as it was finishing and it was 3 bastions, 2 Torbjörns, and a Reinheart. Next game we were still trying to find some people so we were skirmishing and they had an all Winston team.

Makes me realize I need to try out Zarya. I haven't touched her since the beta and I'd really like to learn her. She seems beastly.

I probably play her more than I should, and should probably be picking other tanks more often, but god dammit she is fun. Building up charge on her gun and playing hit and run while my shields deplete and recharge is just so much more enjoyable to me than watching my shield tick down as reinhardt or doing the winston harass.

I pulled the S76 golden skin last night. Using him until I get a skin for Zarya.

Jealous. I got the daredevil skin for him today... and it was the most disappointed I've ever been in a legendary. I'd have rather it been the golden.

Xeteh

He totally could have just put up his shield at the end there and he would have survived.

Some genius in my game earlier today must have seen that clip and wanted to be like that Reinhardt when he grew up. Instead he pushed it in to me and another guy who had moved in to cover.

Well its almost 4:30 in the morning here. I see the troll groups are out at this hour. Joined a game as it was finishing and it was 3 bastions, 2 Thojborns, and a Reinheart. Next game we were still trying to find some people so we were skirmishing and they had an all Winston team.

Nah, those are just the Europeans. They can be a bit wacky at times.

You know I love you EuroGAF.

24hr

I probably play her more than I should, and should probably be picking other tanks more often, but god dammit she is fun. Building up charge on her gun and playing hit and run while my shields deplete and recharge is just so much more enjoyable to me than watching my shield tick down as reinhardt or doing the winston harass.

Jealous. I got the daredevil skin for him today... and it was the most disappointed I've ever been in a legendary. I'd have rather it been the golden.

Yeah, I don't like the daredevil skin doesn't match the character at all (even though most legendary skins don't.

Not sure if that's actually worth it in that situation. He saved the dude that he blasted by, but sac'd himself. That's like six of one, half a dozen of the other there.

He probably saved more than that, there were people behind Rein on the point.

But it's irrelevant. No one who is not nailed to the ground dies to a d.va ult anyways.

He probably saved more than that, there were people behind Rein on the point.

But it's irrelevant. No one who is not nailed to the ground dies to a d.va ult anyways.
Sure, but in the case of the people behind him, all he needed to do was shield them instead of sacrificing himself!

Zaventem

I don't mind playing lucio (my second most played) but do i really have to deselect my first pick just so we can actually have a healer and win with him on KOTH? I feel if you're in the 20+ you should know on those maps he's a staple.

I play a lot of 76 and Tor as well. As long as you're being being a smart player, both of those can be huge assets. Especially if you do well with Tor's armor packets. Big deal right there.

I try, but an inordinate amount of my torbjorn play is me trying to be clever with the platforms on R66 and Volkayev(?) Factory. Which sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't.

Sure, but in the case of the people behind him, all he needed to do was shield them instead of sacrificing himself!

Stop tearing down this beautiful moment.

Squire

Banned
I already have scavenger and b va. I wish I could transfer my luck to other people!

I really want B.va, but I think I can just save and buy it. I could've had ~700 coins already if I hadn't bought a skin for Mercy. Got 300 now. Shouldn't take too lomg.*

*=
Because I'm probably going to buy loot boxes again soon

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Well, "F" is for friends who do stuff together...
U is for "unbelievable" like these unbelievable widowmakers on your team that cant hit the broad side of a barn.

And you have two of them on Hanamura Defense.

How do you counter reinheart plus bastion plus turrets setup outside of base?

I have seen my team mates do it to others and only thought 'wow, that seems nasty'. I have not had the pleasure of being on the receiving end, and don't really know what I would do if I were.

My team mates did it with one bastion, two bjorn, one reinheart, lucio (stood next to bastion and one bjorn), he would also throw them back into turret radius if they got close.

Bastion and bjorn were healed if they took damage, but protected by reinheart anyway so that made damage dealing difficult. They tried pushing out with reinheart but bastions damage when buffed with mercy stripped his shield in under a second or two, and everyone else went down pretty much instantly.

If someone escaped my team would comically shout 'we've got a runner!' and I would use Genji to chase down and kill them. Wasn't common or difficult most of the time, it tended to be phara who just her jump pack to get really high and lose line of sight quickly, but she tended to get shot in the process so wasn't in a position to live.

They tried to escape with Mei's icewall but it would always get destroyed and because we had a second turret and tjborn, the ones that used it for cover were still getting shot.

What should they have done in this situation? Maybe they were bad at the game but it seemed like a tough spot to be in from my perspective.

ElyrionX

Was playing Genji yesterday. Came upon a Pharah who was in mid-air. I jumped and hit shift and killed her with a mid-air slice. Yeah, I think I am going to play more of this dude.

Yeah, I don't like the daredevil skin doesn't match the character at all (even though most legendary skins don't.

Entirely aside from whether or not it really suits him, it just visually doesn't appeal to me. His base model is frankly my favourite look for him.

U is for "unbelievable" like these unbelievable widowmakers on your team that cant hit the broad side of a barn.

And you have two of them on Hanamura Defense.
I wish people would realize that a charged shot to the body can actually be more useful in terms of damage to some characters. Rather than aiming for that 1 in a million headshot that they can't make.

How do you counter reinheart plus bastion plus turrets setup outside of base?

I have seen my team mates do it to others and only thought 'wow, that seems nasty'. I have not had the pleasure of being on the receiving end, and don't really know what I would do if I were.

My team mates did it with one bastion, two bjorn, one reinheart, lucio (stood next to bastion and one bjorn), he would also throw them back into turret radius if they got close.

Bastion and bjorn were healed if they took damage, but protected by reinheart anyway so that made damage dealing difficult. They tried pushing out with reinheart but bastions damage when buffed with mercy stripped his shield in under a second or two, and everyone else went down pretty much instantly.

If someone escaped my team would comically shout 'we've got a runner!' and I would use Genji to chase down and kill them. Wasn't common or difficult most of the time, it tended to be phara who just her jump pack to get really high and lose line of sight quickly, but she tended to get shot in the process so wasn't in a position to live.

They tried to escape with Mei's icewall but it would always get destroyed and because we had a second turret and tjborn, the ones that used it for cover were still getting shot.

What should they have done in this situation? Maybe they were bad at the game but it seemed like a tough spot to be in from my perspective.

Should have had a Lucio speed boost to get out w/Tracer and Soldier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom