• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDCowboy

People who think Bastion needs a nerf are fucking crazy.

When he's in sentry form he's thin like paper. 1 or 2 arrows from Hanzo or grenades from Junkrat and he's dead.

Plus he can't even move around, so he's an easy prey for Tracer, Reaper, Genji etc.

Exactly. He has almost no mobility, has to come to a complete stop to be turreted (which is the only time he does real damage), and then he practically dies if someone give him a dirty look. He's probably the most easily countered in the entire game. He's completely balanced at the moment.

patchday

Wow I've got a lot to learn. Still trying to settle on my favorite champs and learn the strategies.

Game has a LOT of depth and strategies depending upon the map and team comps!!

Need to watch some streams and read some guides. Love this game though. Thank you Blizzard so much for giving me this game. Such a refreshing change from the MOBAs I've been playing

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Exactly. He has almost no mobility, has to come to a complete stop to be turreted (which is the only time he does real damage), and then he practically dies if someone give him a dirty look. He's probably the most easily countered in the entire game. He's completely balanced at the moment.

Yep, i hope for once Blizzard doesn't listen to all the whiners and tells them to git gud instead.

zoukka

turret needs a huge huge huge nerf

same dude got a 30 kill streak from doing nothing but sit next to his cannon ! broken as fuck

He's god tier in low level matches. If people only learned to switch heroes and stop banging their heads to the wall with bastion/turrets.

2 left clicks as widow would've ended that kill streak.

idonteven

The 'kill streak' was probably just because the turret got some shots in on everybody his team was taking out. The thing doesn't even do that much damage unless he's in molten core mode.

Regardless it's one of the easiest things in the entire game to deal with by switching characters. If it was any weaker it might as well not be there. I don't play Torb often but I pretty much only use the turret to keep Tracers off the point while I run around shooting people on the front lines.

now the whole team is defending all with turrets..not broken you say ? no its instant death if i even come close as any hero

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Those of you suggesting they nerf McRee's flashbang.. how exactly would they nerf it? Removing that completely removes his strength as a character.

Same goes with the turret.. how do you nerf it without completely ruining the character? Learn how to counter it

Apathy

The 'kill streak' was probably just because the turret got some shots in on everybody his team was taking out. The thing doesn't even do that much damage unless he's in molten core mode.

Regardless it's one of the easiest things in the entire game to deal with by switching characters. If it was any weaker it might as well not be there. I don't play Torb often but I pretty much only use the turret to keep Tracers off the point while I run around shooting people on the front lines.

agreed, the kill streak comes just from pot shots.

The only thing is that I wish they didn't have snap aiming 360 degrees

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Everytime a good tracer shows up she warps all over the place back and forth and only shoots a few rounds as a distraction. If you're playing a character with good health or self healing, it becomes as annoying as a fly or bee buzzing around you and it refuses to go away.

People constantly say 'then just switch to X character' but don't realize if you're being the team tank or healer it's not a good idea to switch to take care of one annoying character, especially if you're carrying the team/necessary. Honestly it should be the job of the reapers or mcrees on your team to handle this problem. However, they refuse to change.

The best I can do is throw a powerful attack her way once in a while and hope it sticks.

idonteven

Those of you suggesting they nerf McRee's flashbang.. how exactly would they nerf it? Removing that completely removes his strength as a character.

Same goes with the turret.. how do you nerf it without completely ruining the character? Learn how to counter it

can't counter it when a whole team uses it and with 1 reinhard

SwolBro

Banned
i'd argue that Torborjn could be rebalanced. his turret could be less effective as he could become more effect individually. that's what i'd like to see done to his character.

at this point his character is only selected during capture game types on certain maps with choke points.

Mupod

now the whole team is defending all with turrets..not broken you say ? no its instant death if i even come close as any hero

Those are my favorite. I call those '15k damage as Zarya and a lot of dead dwarfs' rounds.

Peek out with shield up and toss out some balls. If they're dumb enough to try and hump their turret to repair it, you get a kill AND a dead turret after 2-3 shots. Even better: shield an allied Junkrat or Pharah and they will dismantle the whole setup while feeding you energy.

MonsieurPaul

Neo Member
Just found out that you can create custom game with only you or only you + bots (even in your team).

Great tool to learn the maps and the characters.

Should it normally take upwards of 5 mins to catch a game on XBOX with a full party of 6? Could it be that the host or one of the players might be impacting the wait time in some way?

Just found out that you can create custom game with only you or only you + bots (even in your team).

Great tool to learn the maps and the characters.

Wait, you can make custom games with you, friends and bots in a team? Like a full team? Holy shit. This would actually sell a couple of friends on the game.

Edit: Oh right, they only have AI for a few heroes (Zenyatta, Zarya, Reaper, Roadhog, Soldier: 76, and Bastion), but still that's something.

i'd argue that Torborjn could be rebalanced. his turret could be less effective as he could become more effect individually. that's what i'd like to see done to his character.

at this point his character is only selected during capture game types on certain maps with choke points.
His turret really isn't all that, it does its job as it should but it's not anywhere near something like the Engineer, plus he's already pretty damn effective on his own, have you seen the damage on his gun? He can kill tanks in like 3-4 shots and give his whole team armor.

Acidote

On one hand, I love playing with friends so I don't have to deal with pickups. On the other hand, my friends are really really bad players (but one) so playing against other organized full teams is painful.

Second time in a row that I'm put in a game where I can't even choose my hero before my team loses, this obviously after coming from a winning streak. Can't say I love this Blizz, so fuck off with this shit.

Mupod

that is exactly what they did with the character, though. He got overhauled during the beta.

The turret isn't the main threat like with the TF2 engineer, it's helpful but completely disposable. And Torb's gun is amazing once you get used to its bullet drop.

JCH!

Yeah the boxes seriously need to be buffed. I mean, I get there needs to be some incentive to buy more boxes, but this isn't a free to play game. There has to be a happy middle ground, and currently, the amount of pure shit in most boxes isn't even close to acceptable.

Tell me about it.

I mean, I already get salty enough just from playing the game. I don't need my rewards to make me salty as well :(

Second time in a row that I'm put in a game where I can't even choose my hero before my team loses, this obviously after coming from a winning streak. Can't say I love this Blizz, so fuck off with this shit.
This just happened to me. Literally first look at the hero screen and defeat screen comes up

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I think a lot of the heroes, at times, feel overpowered in the hands of a good player. I feel you eventually start to learn how to deal with each one and what to look out for so you're not caught in a bad spot.There are heroes that definitely do very well when played at a high level.

Currently the hardest hero to face, for me as Junkrat, is Zarya. With other tanks, there feels like there's a trick to outsmarting them but Zarya, I just cannot get through those shields. I don't really understand how she works so I'd probably need to play her myself one day to get an idea.

I don't know if people realize it, but he's completely effective individually.

I'll pick him on any map and drop his turret as a token distraction, but most of the time I trundle off in search of scrap for armor and to shoot stuff with his amazing gun. Once you master the bullet drop, the gun is super, and if you get in close enough to use the shotgun version, it tears stuff up.

As Pharrah do I wanna stay in the air as much as possible or is it too risky due to her slow mobility in the air?
Generally yes cause that's where you're going to be hitting most of your shots, but it depends on their team, if their sniper's got your number and keeps getting you you'll have to be smart about how you move around the area or just switch.

I think a lot of the heroes, at times, feel overpowered in the hands of a good player. I feel you eventually start to learn how to deal with each one and what to look out for so you're not caught in a bad spot.There are heroes that definitely do very well when played at a high level.

Currently the hardest hero to face, for me as Junkrat, is Zarya. With other tanks, there feels like there's a trick to outsmarting them but Zarya, I just cannot get through those shields. I don't really understand how she works so I'd probably need to play her myself one day to get an idea.
She gets stronger the more you shoot the shield so you probably shouldn't be trying to break through it, just wait half a second for it to go away.

patapuf

Isn't that like, the point?

Not every char needs to be viable on every map.

Zaventem

So i've been aiming with hanzo "wrong" all tghis time? I went into the pratice range and the arrow seems to hit between the middle and the top crosshair when fully pulled back.

Indignate

Just a daily reminder that McCree can stun Reinhardt and people next to him by throwing a flashbang above his shield.

This character is bullshit.

pigeon

Banned
Overwatch semi-lore update done in a style of a journalist article came up yesterday if anyone is interested.

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20130523

From the article:

Their names—Morrison, Reyes, Amari, Liao, Wilhelm, and Lindholm—have since become legendary.

We know a bunch of these, but not all.

Morrison: Soldier 76
Reyes: Reaper
Amari: Sombra Pharah's mother
Liao: ???
Wilhelm: Reinhardt
Lindholm: Torbjorn

So after Amari there's at least one more founder of Overwatch, who we know nothing about.

SDCowboy

Tell me about it.

I mean, I already get salty enough just from playing the game. I don't need my rewards to make me salty as well :(

Either the boxes need a serious buff, or leveling needs to be speed up several fold. Something needs to give. You can't have shit boxes and slow leveling to attain said boxes.

Rad-

I think Blizzard just needs to decide whether to make him amazing in close range or amazing in mid range. Because atm he is amazing in both and I think that's too strong. And on top of that he's pretty good long range as well as long as you aren't fighting Widowmaker or Hanzo.

I personally think they should decrease the damage in his burst or widen the spread even further. I sometimes surprise even myself when I burst fire someone like 10 meters away and kill him.

Isn't that like, the point?

Not every char needs to be viable on every map.
I mean some characters like Torb are more gimmicky than others. His turret is only useful on some parts of some maps, but he's still somewhat viable in lots of places.

Other characters are more viable generally though. I'm

DrArchon

This is the worst. I got a penalty for leaving games early, even though it was just because I couldn't load into games and got kicked for inactivity. Then I finally managed to load into one but none of the character models loaded so everyone was invisible.

Fucking hell this is awful.

Fistwell

I was turreted on the payload wiping out the other team.
absolutely-disgusting-beautiful.gif
Eh, people just get mad (I get mad all the time). Playing online brings out emotion in people (I never say shit tho).

Ramirez

The only thing I find lame about Torb is that you can get behind his turret unseen, and it still snaps on you automatically from behind. If you manage to flank it, it shouldn't know you're there. Placing it in a proper position should be just as much of a skill, IMO.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
As Pharrah do I wanna stay in the air as much as possible or is it too risky due to her slow mobility in the air?

Depends who's on the other team really, if they have competent sniper you'll get shit on pretty hard staying in the air for too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom