• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Frost

I feel comfortable at 70 thanks to a gaffer recommending me that sensitivity but 100 sounds insane. How would that work with snipers.

That setting is only for Tracer, to help make a 180 turn as fast as possible. Don't know how it would work with other characters though. With Tracer I usually hit a bit upfront, teleport to the opponent back, turn around, hit again and so on until it dies. Works wonders for me.

That setting is only for Tracer, to help make a 180 turn as fast as possible. Don't know how it would work with other characters though. With Tracer I usually hit a bit upfront, teleport to the opponent back, turn around, hit again and so on until it dies. Works wonders for me.
Damn that sounds perfect. Your setting makes tons of sense for Tracer. I was feeling like my ability to turn and get away wasn't there. Should fix me up.

_DrMario_

I don't get why group players get bonus exp, it pisses me off. As if having a higher chance of being teamed up with a bunch of idiots wasn't bad enough , I get less exp then someone who teams up. It's fucking bullshit.

Klyka

Banned
I don't get why group players get bonus exp, it pisses me off. As if having a higher chance of being teamed up with a bunch of idiots wasn't bad enough , I get less exp then someone who teams up. It's fucking bullshit.

We are friends with benefits 8)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Level 32 and 1 legendary.

CjjsWcHWYAAt2aR.jpg

But fuck it, i love the game for it's GAMEPLAY not cosmetics.

abundant

Eh, I don't mind it. Thanks to the Google Doc, I'm in a group 90% of the time.

Apathy

it takes longer for queues and they team up vs other grouped up people. you give up the xp to queue faster

Vestal

Attacking point B on Temple of Anubis is the fucking worst.

Hell no. Point B is much easier than Point A on Anubis. You have various points of entry there.

The important thing is that you attack heavy down the middle then send 2 dps through the sides.

1) You too can team up with others.

2) We have to wait in longer queues.

3) Typically we get matched against other teams, not just pubs rolling solo.

4) Teams aren't instant wins, trust me.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
FUCK the matchmaking I got this morning.

First three games, at level 17 I was the highest on my team each of them (had a 7 and an 8)... the enemy were ALL lvl 20+.

Second three games, it joins me 60 sec before we lost.

I rage quit.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all

Because they want to encourage people to group up and play together. Pretty simple

First three games, at level 17 I was the highest on my team each of them (had a 7 and an 8)... the enemy were ALL lvl 20+.

Second three games, it joins me a 60 sec before we lost.

I rage quit.

The level has no bearing on skill level. MMR is hidden.

Stall19

Battle.net needs to do a better job letting you know you have friends requests. I got a notice during the game so i went to accept after the match only to find out I have 8 other friends requests.

Second three games, it joins me 60 sec before we lost.

I rage quit.
Levels are only a sign of time spent.

I do feel for your complaint about joining games that are ending. I hate that.

abundant

Because they want to encourage people to group up and play together. Pretty simple.

Honestly, it's the best way to play Overwatch, since you get paired against other teams, making every game feel competitive, more so than when you play in pubs.

Yeah, I just don't understand his playstyle honestly.
He's a unique tank. He functions best as a disruptive force.

Jump behind your enemy, pop a shield, shoot them up, draw their attention so your allies can shoot them in the back, then when your health is low, jump back to your team for heals. To me, even his Ult is less about killing people and more about a wide pushback effect.

If you want to learn him, definitely watch some vids or something to brush up!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Anyone in East/Southeast Asia or Oceania vicinity want to group up for some late-night games?
Do you want to add me anyway? Just finished my session but it'll be voice to play with some gaffers. Australia here.

Battle.net name is Antiwhippy.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Some of these players, my god
I just cant

Why yes Widow sit back and snipe while 5 of us killed ourselves killing the whole Defense on Hanamura, yet you don't go take point

Bravo

MGrant

Do you want to add me anyway? Just finished my session but it'll be voice to play with some gaffers. Australia here.

Battle.net name is Antiwhippy.

Sure, sounds good. I'll add you (I'm JoeBiden).

EDIT: Ah, wait, I'm on PC. Do you have the #0000 numbers or are you on console?

TheDanimal

Just checked out that master overwatch website, and it's pretty neat! Love being able to check my stats outside of the game.
Apparently I'm the 160th best Lucio? I refuse to believe that haha

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
He's a unique tank. He functions best as a disruptive force.

Jump behind your enemy, pop a shield, shoot them up, draw their attention so your allies can shoot them in the back, then when your health is low, jump back to your team for heals. To me, even his Ult is less about killing people and more about a wide pushback effect.

If you want to learn him, definitely watch some vids or something to brush up!

Thing is I mainly play d.va if I can (when the situation is appropriate), and to me that just sounds like d.va but more limited. I also feel more survivable as d.va honestly because even pilot form can wreck shop.

X-Frame

Side Note: Still even to this day i cant figure out how to play Zarya Efficiently or play against her well, anybody got any good guides for her? she is the only hero who i cant play or play against.

I am by no means an expert on her but I found great success especially when there is another true Tank on the team to draw aggro and soak up damage, Her barriers allow her to absorb a lot of burst damage but not sustained damage like Reinhart's shield.

If you see a teammate getting lit up, throw a barrier on them to protect them but also to reap the damage bonus to your Particle Cannon. This increases the damage (and size) of your primary beam, and also the damage and explosive radius of her secondary grenade launcher (someone please correct me if I am wrong).

If you manage to time both a teammates barrier and your own correctly you can get to 100% damage bonus which seems to provide unrivaled DPS with her primary beam that melts people (except for probably McCree, Reaper and Bastion in turret mode).

Add in her amazing Ultimate which is basically a black hole you can solo a team with Graviton Surge + her grenade launcher for AoE damage. If another teammate uses their Ult at the same time it's a team wipe easily.

With Zarya's self barrier you can survive a Hanzo dragon Ultimate, a Tracer bomb Ultimate, a D.Va self-destruct Ultimate, all if you time her barrier correctly. You'll survive, and then instantly get a 50% damage bonus.

So I'm trying to adapt sensitivity for each character.
In general what is recommended? Is the gap between horizontal and vertical a recommended ratio to keep? Should I opt for slower sentivity on rangers like hanzo {whom I'm Pretty good with} and widow maker?

EDIT: I'm on PS4

Every time a control game starts, whenever a Lucio in your team activates the speed boost, and everyone in your team is running at ludicrous speed next to one another with the epic music in the background.

HarrellPumped.gif

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Because they want to encourage people to group up and play together. Pretty simple

The level has no bearing on skill level. MMR is hidden.

Really?

Huh... didn't know that. Still though, it felt like we were completely outmatched. Honestly, our team compositions were good, and everyone was willing to switch up. We just got stomped.

I mean, I suppose level can be just based on time... but, it's fair to assume someone who's had the time to level up to 27 is probably better than someone who has only leved to 7.

Really?

Huh... didn't know that. Still though, it felt like we were completely outmatched. Honestly, our team compositions were good, and everyone was willing to switch up. We just got stomped.

I mean, I suppose level can be just based on time... but, it's fair to assume someone who's had the time to level up to 27 is probably better than someone who has only leved to 7.

At low levels since you still don't have a lot of games played the MMR isn't stable, the system is still trying to determine you actual skill level by throwing higher or lower opponents at you, it will settle over time.

How would you counter a team with four Torbjörns, a Hanzo, and a Roadhog?

5 of 6 of them are sitting ducks, get 2 or more snipers.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Is he?

I feel like I die as Winston way too fast.

His jump cooldown is way shorter than you might imagine. Jump in, do some zaps, jump out and find some heals. You never want to stay in the shit too long cause you will get focused and bursted. Winston is actually so good. He takes out backline squishies sooo fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom