• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
As Pharrah do I wanna stay in the air as much as possible or is it too risky due to her slow mobility in the air?

Depends on who you're up against and what you're doing. Pharah is a flanker just like other flankers, it's just that she flanks vertically. So you don't want to just float up there all the time, and you don't want to be up there when your opponent has time to focus on you. You want to support your team's attacks by jumping and firing from another angle.

Just hanging out up there while nobody else is around will get you killed.

As someone who I guess you could say "mains" D.VA nothing is scarier to me as D.VA than Winston or Mei. :(

Why are you worried about winston? D.VA deals way more DPS than winston. The only thing winston can do is bypass defense matrix and try to dance in and out of the bubble shield, which has a long cooldown so once it's out of the picture you just severely out dps winston.

Savitar

Matches seem more chaotic lately, getting matched up against similar people probably? It's fun, challenging but fun. Been trying out a few different characters depending on the situation that might be going on in a match.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Ran into a couple of games today against people who really really knew how to play their heroes. Specifically ran into a Tracer in one game that was basically 1v6ing our entire team. Perfect blinks, perfect recalls, perfect bombs every time. She had 3 times the elims as the gold medal on our team. We managed to win the game due to a crazy Zarya/Mei wombo defense on the final checkpoint in overtime, but that was one of the hardest games I've played so far.

edit: Oh, I forgot about the 4-man Mercy ultimate that set up the defense and ended up making PotG. Best support PotG I've seen in all my time playing Overwatch, including the closed beta.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Yep, i hope for once Blizzard doesn't listen to all the whiners and tells them to git gud instead.

neewRgE.gif

Already did.

Those of you suggesting they nerf McRee's flashbang.. how exactly would they nerf it? Removing that completely removes his strength as a character.

Same goes with the turret.. how do you nerf it without completely ruining the character? Learn how to counter it
Longer cooldown. Keep it strong, make misusing it more punishing.

As for turret, either longer reload speed or less armor in turret form. That isn't to say I think they should be nerfed, that's just what I'd nerf if needed.

Mossybrew

With other tanks, there feels like there's a trick to outsmarting them but Zarya, I just cannot get through those shields.

That's exactly it, you don't want to "get through those shields" - when you shoot her or her shielded teammate you just power up her gun. The shield only lasts like three seconds, if you can stop shooting for a moment it goes away quick.

Matt Frost

I started to use McGree and my god, he is damn powerful. Just walk around the map, when you see an opponent, stun him, L2 to finish him off, rinse and repeat with everyone who comes across you (even work with tanks). So strong. Is even possible to be like a semi sniper and kill from afar. The damage is insane. Why didnt I do this before? Whoever complains about McGree should start using him asap. Now my favs are: Tracer, Bastion, Widow, Pharah and McGree. Love those characters.

Rad-

Ran into a couple of games today against people who really really knew how to play their heroes. Specifically ran into a Tracer in one game that was basically 1v6ing our entire team. Perfect blinks, perfect recalls, perfect bombs every time. She had 3 times the elims as the gold medal on our team. We managed to win the game due to a crazy Zarya/Mei wombo defense on the final checkpoint in overtime, but that was one of the hardest games I've played so far.

I just can't play Tracer at all so it blows my mind when someone gets like 40 eliminations with her. Her style of movement and positioning doesn't suit my normal playstyle. I like her pistols though as it feels easy to get headshots with them. Shooting with Tracer sounds basically like "blinkblinkblink".

It's so frustrating jumping on the point as a sniper to prevent the enemy team from capping and having tanks and other heroes sit back. Get on the point you wankers!

Feel the game being designed around hero switching, is gonna be its downfall in the long run. Its very annoying that you cant just have a casul time with the hero you wanna play, because the enemy has afew bastion and now you gotta switch or lose.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Goddammit game stop putting me into games that are done

Not fun joining game and the splash screens says Defeat...
Even before I get to chose a character

Wanderer5

Lol I got a legendary Reaper skin, but sadly not the one I want, even through Plague Doctor is still cool looking. I am close to 1000g, so not sure if I want to get the El Blanco still or just check out the Mechqueen for Pharah (or maybe save it up for a future skin heh).

I actually had a pretty good match with Reaper this morning, including cleaning out 3 players and a turret with his ult, but course the Bastion on the other team gets PotG for killing like 2 players lol.

Zaventem

Regarding torb, the implemented idea around scrap doesn't really fit with his playstyle as somebody that enjoys playing him. The scrap mechanic to give people armor needs to be collected unlike symmetra who can reapply her shield at anytime. Some people who aren't familiar with the ability might say it makes him less likely to baby sit his turret but he's not a frontline hero(only 200 hp with a slow gun and average mobility, ill say he's better as mid range help) so you'll be missing out on tons of scrap to help armor your team, I honestly prefer if it had a cooldown. And people complaining about the turret I dont get when it takes six seconds to get the thing to level 2 and it has a six second cooldown, you do the math.

My favorite character fluctuates by day.

I'm really impressed with the balance this game achieves while keeping each character totally unique.

StayDead

Regarding torb, the implemented idea around scrap doesn't really fit with his playstyle as somebody that enjoys playing him. The scrap mechanic to give people armor needs to be collected unlike symmetra who can reapply her shield at anytime. Some people who aren't familiar with the ability might say it makes him less likely to baby sit his turret but he's not a frontline hero(only 200 hp with a slow gun and average mobility, ill say he's better as mid range help) so you'll be missing out on tons of scrap to help armor your team, I honestly prefer if it had a cooldown. And people complaining about the turret I dont get when it takes six seconds to get the thing to level 2 and it has a six second cooldown, you do the math.

I on the other hand love the scrap mechanic. So easy to give out a bunch of armor after a big team scrap.

Indignate

Feel the game being designed around hero switching, is gonna be its downfall in the long run. Its very annoying that you cant just have a casul time with the hero you wanna play, because the enemy has afew bastion and now you gotta switch or lose.

Wouldn't it also be annoying if you picked a hero you really wanted to play just to find out the enemy team pick all his counters and now your fucked for the rest of the match cuz you couldn't switch?

Each match averages to be about 5 mins, if that. I would hope people can handle switching from their favorite character to a better pick for that length of time.

And if its that big of a deal, play against AI or just be comfortable with losing. I don't think either option kills this game in the longrun.

If you're Torb, you're probably best out supporting the battle with your rifle and then moving in to collect the scrap after your team (hopefully) wins the skirmish.

Matt Frost

I'm scared that I will not hit anything like that but thanks, I will try it.

Maybe on the first couple of games, but you will quickly adapt. If you don't see a change, change it progressively, start with 70, 90 and then 100.

I play every shooter at 100. Give much more control and is better to watch your back.

Thanks! I'll try that when I get home. I knew the layouts were separate, but I was a bit intimidated by tweaking stuff.

Don't be, tweaking can do wonders for your playstyle changing a few things (happened to me as Tracer, even make a lot of PotG with her). Also, pressing R2 will revert to the original settings if a mistake is made.

cluderi

So far I've been a Junkrat hog but decided to try Mercy out, was going ok then decided to try Zenyatta out.

Zenny is fantastic and truly feels that while I'm helping out and healing (where possibly I enjoy support classes) I can do some damage. Might have found my new main (although he doesn't shine while being harassed by two tracers while the rest of my team ignore them battering the healer :( )

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
So far I've been a Junkrat hog but decided to try Mercy out, was going ok then decided to try Zenyatta out.

Zenny is fantastic and truly feels that while I'm helping out and healing (where possibly I enjoy support classes) I can do some damage. Might have found my new main (although he doesn't shine while being harassed by two tracers while the rest of my team ignore them battering the healer :( )

Yeah Zenyatta is fantastic espcially if played well. Healing whilst discording enemies and firing from a far just feels like your a conductor of war and he can take out any threat really easily if played aggresively

Side Note: Still even to this day i cant figure out how to play Zarya Efficiently or play against her well, anybody got any good guides for her? she is the only hero who i cant play or play against.

From the article:

We know a bunch of these, but not all.

Morrison: Soldier 76
Reyes: Reaper
Amari: Sombra Pharah's mother
Liao: ???
Wilhelm: Reinhardt
Lindholm: Torbjorn

So after Amari there's at least one more founder of Overwatch, who we know nothing about.

NO SUPPORT HERO.

Whoever it is, I bet they are some sort of support if they (or their kid) show up in the game.

Who are the best Mei counters? Preferably a non-Offensive character if possible.

Tracer or a Pharah. Otherwise, just overwhelm her. She can't really do much if she's outnumbered other than try to take a sacrificial pick, stall, or run the hell away. Either way, if you kill her or force her to back off, you've done your job.

abundant

Last night, I had some of my best games as Junkrat. I broke my record for most kills twice, first with 18 kills then again with 23 kills. Plus I got POTG a couple of times.

Zaventem

Maybe on the first couple of games, but you will quickly adapt. If you don't see a change, change it progressively, start with 70, 90 and then 100.

I play every shooter at 100. Give much more control and is better to watch your back.

I feel comfortable at 70 thanks to a gaffer recommending me that sensitivity but 100 sounds insane. How would that work with snipers.

I really love the game but man I'm terrible at it. It doesn't help that I still haven't really clicked with any of the characters (outside of some success with Torbjörn) as I haven't spent enough time with them yet.

Klyka

Banned
Tracer or a Pharah. Otherwise, just overwhelm her. She can't really do much if she's outnumbered other than try to take a sacrificial pick, stall, or run the hell away. Either way, if you kill her or force her to back off, you've done your job.

Hi, my name is Lucio and I speedboost and stay out of your range while Styling at you with my bass gun. UNZ UNZ UNZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom