• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
McCree is so OP too, if you throw the flashbang up near an enemy Rein Shield, it stuns him and you can kill him making McCree good at

A. Sniping Widows
B. Countering Tracer, Genji, Mei
C. Fucking up Reinhart
D. Following Reaper to the ends of the Earth.

I also found out, that it may be a glitch but if you time it right you can rewind McCree's stun as Tracer and it has you rewinding in the stun animation.

nOoblet16

McCree is so OP too, if you throw the flashbang up near an enemy Rein Shield, it stuns him and you can kill him making McCree good at

A. Sniping Widows
C. Fucking up Reinhart

I also found out, that it may be a glitch but if you time it right you can rewind McCree's stun as Tracer and it has you rewinding in the stun animation.

I don't think his flashbang works on an enemy Reinhardt shield.

Rad-

You have to put in your Battletag/XBL/PSN for it to list you.

Still nothing. I guess it takes time to update or something? I dunno but it's no biggie.

I think the only real hard counter atm to McCree is Widowmaker. Then "softer" counters I'd say are Zarya (her shield eats up the burst damage) and Hanzo.

I don't think his flashbang works on an enemy Reinhardt shield.

It does work on Reinhardt when you throw it above the shield.

Couldn't even touch the 2nd capture point as attackers on Anubis. The enemy team is just on the point too well. Thinking about who could get them to move, with 15 seconds left I choose Junkrat whom I've never played. Lobbed grenades into the point like a mad man and everyone scattered like roaches and we won. It felt sooo goood. This is what this game is about!

Oh also in another match I finally got my first play of the game after 7 hours! It was as Mercy and all I did was revive 1 person... Lol I'll take it!

Sou Da

bbvown1l3a.png

I know BB wasn't selling well, but daaamn.

I've only seen it do well on Twitch when TB streams.

nOoblet16

Anybody else getting random lag spikes since release? They usually last for around 3 seconds and nothing except me moves. Only getting that with this game.

Yes !!!
It's so annoying because it almost always happens in the middle of an engagement, then it takes a good 5-6 seconds for the ping to get back to normal because it stays round 250 for me for that duration. 2 days ago I was having an issue where my ping would jump like crazy from 40 to 600ms.

And I know it's not my connection because every other game works fine and I wasn't downloading anything.

A. Sniping Widows
C. Fucking up Reinhart

I don't agree that mccree counters tracer, it's more of a 50/50 match up. Tracer can blink before stuns hit. The DPS is also enough to hit him just out of stun range. And if you take a shot as tracer, recall and finish off since that also auto-reloads your gun. A good tracer is not countered by mccree so much that mccree is decent at protecting another character tracer is trying to gank. And of course getting that flashbang is a kill, but so is on pretty much every character.

edit: Oh yeah, no way is mccree sniping widows. It only takes 2 shots to take down mccree, assuming no headshot. Mccree needs more than 3 shots because of damage drop off.

zoukka

A. Sniping Widows
C. Fucking up Reinhart

You are not sniping widows effectively if the widow player has equal skill than you.

But yes, flashbang is pretty OP, you just have to wait/lure a bang out before you can engage McCree.

JTripper

A. Sniping Widows
C. Fucking up Reinhart

If that Tracer stun rewind is true then that's awesome. Not sure if the flash bang works on Reinhart though.

I've never had any luck with McCree tbh. I've only been in cramped areas when using his ultimate which sucks for getting someone locked on and his regular trigger fire is trash in every circumstance for me. I find his stun and rapid fire technique to be his only redeeming quality. He's very easy to kill if you don't get stunned. At least with Genji, who is also hard to use imo, he's just annoying to kill.

nOoblet16

I don't agree that mccree counters tracer, it's more of a 50/50 match up. Tracer can blink before stuns hit. The DPS is also enough to hit him just out of stun range. And if you take a shot as tracer, recall and finish off since that also auto-reloads your gun. A good tracer is not countered by mccree so much that mccree is decent at protecting another character tracer is trying to gank. And of course getting that flashbang is a kill, but so is on pretty much every character.

Yep I agree Tracer-McCree is 50-50. McCree only has to hit his flashbang once to kill Tracer (and I guess 95% of the game's cast, but he isn't a hard counter to all of them now is he?) but Tracer has to avoid it only once to catch McCree with his defense wide open.

If you think McCree 1ups because of flashbang purely then shouldn't he be a counter to everyone except Roadhhog (who is almost always at full health during 1 v 1 encounters due to his healing)? considering he can stun and fan fire to kill everyone who has about 450 health or so ?

edit: Oh yeah, no way is mccree sniping widows. It only takes 2 shots to take down mccree, assuming no headshot. Mccree needs more than 3 shots because of damage drop off.

McCree absolutely counters Tracer. 1 headshot basically kills her, Don't forget his roll auto reloads. He has a much higher chance due to his toolkit at killing Tracer because it's very good at killing evasive little shits in general.

You are not sniping widows effectively if the widow player has equal skill than you.

But yes, flashbang is pretty OP, you just have to wait/lure a bang out before you can engage McCree.

I've been doing nothing but sniping widows, you'd either kill them or get them to move the fuck away which is credit to team.

mulac

Is it to late to start playing this now? Bought it on PC - havent had a chance to get into it; worried everyone is now OP vs me...

nOoblet16

McCree absolutely counters Tracer. 1 headshot basically kills her, Don't forget his roll auto reloads. He has a much higher chance due to his toolkit at killing Tracer because it's very good at killing evasive little shits in general.
Well that applies to all 200 health characters as well, would you say he is a counter to all of them purely on the basis of that?

It's a little annoying when playing solo that you become the gap filler of a team that has a 4 or 5 team party and they suck, you can't do anything to help and are just along for the ride.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Is it to late to start playing this now? Bought it on PC - havent had a chance to get into it; worried everyone is now OP vs me...

There's no benefit to playing more other than knowledge and practice. You'll also get matched with people your level, which more or less only indicates how much someone has played. In short, you'll be fine. Also the game has only been out for 5 days.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
OK a HUGE FUCK YOU to Blizzard, I can't stop playing this

Why did they make this game so fucking awesome!
My time is approaching 30+ hours already

Bastion is my go to, OMG @ teams trying to counter me with using there own Bastions, but being very clueless @ angles/locations to net multiple kills

So many stationary 1-2 position Bastions, you have to keep rotating around but most Bastions stick out like a sore thumb

Bastion and Mei are so much fun in my hand
I picked up Pharah and OMFG she's Amazing @ Trolling the team
I swear Air Superiority is fucking hilarious
I troll teams so much now, I have gotten good with knock back to out of bounds, that I get them often

I knocked back Reinhardt and Mercy, I saved the video, will upload later

zoukka

I've been doing nothing but sniping widows, you'd either kill them or get them to move the fuck away which is credit to team.

I don't buy it at all. Both of you have high range shots and one of you has a zoom. Either you've been very lucky or you are just talking bullshit.

Any hero with a long range shot can zone out a widow who doesn't see you of course.

Actually mccree only does 70 damage per shot, making tracer take 3 bodyshots or 1 bodyshot and 1 headshot (or 1 flashbang and 1 headshot since flashbang does 25~ damage).

In fact, I think it's more like 60-40 in tracer's favor.

edit:To expand why, fighting tracer as mccree is like fighting a 200 hp character like soldier, except the heal is more instantaneous. Realistically you may have to land 5 shots to kill a tracer. You land 2 then she recalls back to 150 hp, and then you have to land 3 more. Headshots aside of course. Then of course you factor in her ability to dash to heals, it's not a favorable match up for mccree who can die to a single clip from tracer which outputs 240 damage in 1 second.

Well that applies to all 200 health characters as well, would you say he is a counter to all of them purely on the basis of that?

not really, explosives fuck his game up. At the moment he is generally and universally strong. Genji you can bait the reflect, wait and stun. Most Tracers will get caught by a flashbang or a headshot and the revolvers is generally good at poking damage long range.

abundant

Is it just me or is Route 66 the hardest payload map to win as Attackers? Multiple times, both as Attackers and Defenders, the Attackers make it through the first two checkpoints without much resistance only to run into a brick wall during the final stretch and lose.

I know this same scenario can and does happen on the other payload maps, but in my experience, it happens the most on Route 66.

But everyone told me McCree's flashbang was fine.

Ahahaha.

I feel like they added more splash area to it from the beta, which felt tiny for the time I tried it.

I could be wrong but i've seen mccree flashbang 5 people in the same room with one throw.

3DShovel

I feel like they added more splash area to it from the beta, which felt tiny for the time I tried it.

I could be wrong but i've seen mccree flashbang 5 people in the same room with one throw.

The flashbang makes me rage every single time I see it. All you have to do is flashbang and then quick fire and you kill someone. Cheap as fuck.

Ardenyal

got killed behind a wall twice today

gg blizz

The thing I hate the most is when I die in an instant without any indication I might be in danger. Looking at the replay the other player fires two or three shots at me and I just sit there like a dumbass.

valeo

Now realising what I've been missing with Zarya and Zenyatta. The two Zs are secretly the funniest classes in the game that not many people seem to play.

Anyone getting sometimes weird random movement? I read it might be latency issue, but my ping to the server was normal (30ish). One time I was just standing still and it moved me. Another time I had to exit a mei ult and I couldn't.

When this was happening to me, it was random ping spikes. My ping used to be around 100ms and I would get the glitchy movement and ultimates not firing properly during spikes to 400-800ms. Hit Ctrl+Shift+N (preferably right shift to avoid firing an ability) during gameplay and you'll get a giant network graph overlaid on top of the game. It's actually not so bad to play with the chart up, so try it for a round and see if you get the same. Watch the black line and see if any solid yellow/white bars come up. Round Trip Time (RTT) spikes could also be causing this. Forget which line that one is, but just look for the RTT colour.

I didn't have these problems during the open beta but did during launch. I don't know for sure that this solved it, or if the launch period was just very busy, especially since the beta was fine. I poked a bunch of holes in my router firewall and turned off Windows Firewall (why was that even active to begin with? stupid Windows 10) and suddenly my pings dropped to 40ms with zero spikes. I've been trouble-free ever since.

Been playing on PC, and I've been having a blast, but unfortunately I don't have any friends playing.

I see there's a Google doc link on the opening post, holding gaffers and their handles. What's the correct protocol? Just send requests out, and also throw my name in the list?

Yep, send out invites. I check all my friend requests against the Google doc and accept if I find you on there.

P.S. There's one friend request I haven't accepted because they're not on the Google doc. In case that person is wondering: put yourself on the Google doc!

fhqwhgads

Based on my experiences, if you're really struggling against Bastion just pick Tracer/Reaper/Pharra. They all make utter mincemeat of him. Hopefully that'll stop the flow of "omg so op" posts

nOoblet16

not really, explosives fuck his game up. At the moment he is generally and universally strong. Genji you can bait the reflect, wait and stun. Most Tracers will get caught by a flashbang or a headshot and the revolvers is generally good at poking damage long range.
A headshot does 70 damage, which is a little less than half of Tracer's health, she can survive it.

It's not like one can headshot a Tracer easily everytime, i.e. shoot with a slow gun that requires pin point accuracy on the tiniest character with fastest movement. Yes you will be able to do so at times, but that does not make it a counter...Tracer is fast enough for McCree to miss his stuns and bullets, her tool set is essentially about avoiding enemy's crosshair with margin for one error...which is why that makes it a 50-50 because this isn't a Mei vs Genji situation where Genji can't do shit against Mei other than to run away or Widow vs Pharah or a McCree vs Reaper.

Is it just me or is Route 66 the hardest payload map to win as Attackers? Multiple times, both as Attackers and Defenders, the Attackers make it through the first two checkpoints without much resistance only to run into a brick wall during the final stretch and lose.

I know this same scenario can and does happen on the other payload maps, but in my experience, it happens the most on Route 66.

Yes attacks seems to get stomped so hard.

_Legacy_

Based on my experiences, if you're really struggling against Bastion just pick Tracer/Reaper/Pharra. They all make utter mincemeat of him. Hopefully that'll stop the flow of "omg so op" posts

Phara is my go to if I see a Bastion on the enemy team. After I net around 3-4 kills, 75% of the time they switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom