• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
bbvown1l3a.png

I know BB wasn't selling well, but daaamn.

Not like it matters. Unless big streamers pick Overwatch as their main game or it becomes a big ESports hit then it will eventually dip to the low 1000s. The top streamers of Overwatch (that make up, like, 80% of the viewers) are variety streamers. Heck, if Lirik streams it, then he makes up, like, 40% of the viewers; Summit does 25%.

ncslamm

Played all day for the past 2 days and I've already decided that Lucio is my main. I've gotten so good at wall riding and timing my ult for just the right moment. Love it when Ilios comes up in the rotation and I push people into the well or off the back of the map.

Mupod

Based on my experiences, if you're really struggling against Bastion just pick Tracer/Reaper/Pharra. They all make utter mincemeat of him. Hopefully that'll stop the flow of "omg so op" posts

and then you run into one with situational awareness that spins around and instagibs your tracer/reaper. Genji is a way safer option for flanking a Bastion, even if it turns around you can deflect either for the kill or a chance to hide. Not saying you can't take one out with those characters but there's more efficient ways to do it.

Pharah works great at range and can peekaboo one pretty well even in its kill zone, provided there's some healing available. But I mean if a Bastion is setting up out in the open with a long line of sight to it, it's basically dead anyways. Then again, I was spectating some friends last night and I was facepalming the whole time an enemy Bastion on the payload just obliterated them nonstop. One single Pharah would have handled that problem instantly but none of them switched off their characters.

Not like it matters. Unless big streamers pick Overwatch as their main game or it becomes a big ESports hit then it will eventually dip to the low 1000s. The top streamers of Overwatch (that make up, like, 80% of the viewers) are variety streamers. Heck, if Lirik streams it, then he makes up, like, 40% of the viewers; Summit does 25%.
Yeah, OW stream numbers don't really mean anything until we start getting an actual streaming community with dedicated players.

The end game voting cards reward not changing your character, which is counter to what the game demands and encourages.

Pulling off of DPS because you need Winston's shield to take a point will inherently hurt your DPS number. Same with switching from a healer to a tank because your team of Genjis can't push a payload.

I'm not sure what can be done about it, though. I'm just saying I don't necessarily blame the vast majority of people that don't swap and counter pick when the system reinforces their decision.

Based on my experiences, if you're really struggling against Bastion just pick Tracer/Reaper/Pharra. They all make utter mincemeat of him. Hopefully that'll stop the flow of "omg so op" posts

Bastion has just enough health where he should be able to survive whatever damage Tracer and Reaper dish out assuming the Bastion doesn't ignore them.

DrArchon

Anyone else having trouble getting into matches right now? I keep choosing quick play and it keeps finding matches, but I keep getting kicked from the loading screen for inactivity.

It's getting really annoying.

Demoskinos

Tracer needs a teleport nerf

Spoken like someone who doesn't know how to deal with tracer. If you're having trouble with Tracer play Junkrat. His trap is one of the scariest things for a Tracer player. And unless they are *highly* observant you can usually get away with throwing it down in the middle of combat and having her step on it. Then watch as Tracer panics while she is caught.

Apathy

anyone know who does the voice for the guy in the limo on hollywood?

I ask cause I think it would have been funny if they got Morhaime to do it

TheRed

It's only just now that I've noticed a tumbleweed comes by, whenever a McCree player activates his Deadeye ability.

It's such an odd little detail that you would never take notice of.
I've shot at the tumbleweed thinking it's the hay junkrat wheel lol.
I have PTSD from Junkrat.

Demoskinos

Anyone else having trouble getting into matches right now? I keep choosing quick play and it keeps finding matches, but I keep getting kicked from the loading screen for inactivity.

It's getting really annoying.

I know search times have been really bad this morning. Dunno why. At one point my estimated time to get into a match was "unknown" =|

Moff

so I hit level 20 without a single legendary skin, a had a few victory poses for characters I rarely play.

I really don't like the box system, I hope they add a way to earn currency regularly and guaranteed, daily quests for instance. but they probably won't to make people buy those boxes with real money.

I legitimately never feel more OP or more helpless in this game than when I play Zenyatta. It either comes together perfectly and I dominate the enemy while keeping allies alive, or I don't do much other than die.

Dead on. I'm pretty sure I was a LOT better with him in the beta. I don't know if they changed him in any way or if I just suck more now.

Moonkeis

The points you earn in Brawl count towards your career average? Seems like the numbers are a bit skewed if there is so many boost going on. I was playing Lucio earlier on Brawl and got a career high of 15,000 in healing.

Sifl

*Knock 3 people off the map with Lucio on Ilios*
-5 seconds later-
Xxxx left the game
Xxxx left the game
Xxxx left the game

Zomba13

The points you earn in Brawl count towards your career average? Seems like the numbers are a bit skewed if there is so many boost going on. I was playing Lucio earlier on Brawl and got a career high of 15,000 in healing.

I don't think stats are kept for the weekly brawl, just Quick Play, Competitive and vs AI.

Karu

The end game voting cards reward not changing your character, which is counter to what the game demands and encourages.

Pulling off of DPS because you need Winston's shield to take a point will inherently hurt your DPS number. Same with switching from a healer to a tank because your team of Genjis can't push a payload.

I'm not sure what can be done about it, though. I'm just saying I don't necessarily blame the vast majority of people that don't swap and counter pick when the system reinforces their decision.
why would anyone play for the carda in the first place? Thats kinda a rhetorical question, because I know the stupid reason.

SDCowboy

Man, the amount of salt towards Bastion is truly reaching hilarious and pathetic proportions. I had a guy on my own team (after we won easily) get super pissed off because I was turreted on the payload wiping out the other team. People seriously get pissed when a Bastion either get's gold in kills or POTG, like either matter beyond ego or some kind of pride.

I've never seen this in another MP coop game before where people get pissed off at teammates specifically because they did well and significantly helped the team win.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
People who think Bastion needs a nerf are fucking crazy.

When he's in sentry form he's thin like paper. 1 or 2 arrows from Hanzo or grenades from Junkrat and he's dead.

Plus he can't even move around, so he's an easy prey for Tracer, Reaper, Genji etc.

spiritfox

I legitimately never feel more OP or more helpless in this game than when I play Zenyatta. It either comes together perfectly and I dominate the enemy while keeping allies alive, or I don't do much other than die.

Good Zenyattas are legitimately annoying to fight.

SDCowboy

Just made it to level 20. No legendaries and only 3 purples in 20 boxes.

This is getting ridiculous.

Yeah the boxes seriously need to be buffed. I mean, I get there needs to be some incentive to buy more boxes, but this isn't a free to play game. There has to be a happy middle ground, and currently, the amount of pure shit in most boxes isn't even close to acceptable.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
It should not be legally allowed in 1st world countries to style on people as hard as you can with Lucio.

Like, holy shit is this character utterly amazing.

Feeling ya' here. Got 7 or 8 hours behind Lucio and my next most-used is Tjoy at 40 minutes or so.

I just won a Frog suit last night :3

Yeah the boxes seriously need to be buffed. I mean, I get there needs to be some incentive to buy more boxes, but this isn't a free to play game. There has to be a happy middle ground, and currently, the amount of pure shit in most boxes isn't even close to acceptable.

My only complaint about the boxes is that you can get dupes. If I knew that getting a shit item like a spray I don't want meant that it was "crossed off" so to speak, I'd be a lot less annoyed.

But I know they won't remove that so meh.

Sifl

Bastion dominating has more to do with people not playing smart/being bad. If you know where he is, he's easy to kill with junkrat, hanzo, widowmaker. People trying to face tank his minigun to kill him are doing it wrong.

Mupod

turret needs a huge huge huge nerf

same dude got a 30 kill streak from doing nothing but sit next to his cannon ! broken as fuck

The 'kill streak' was probably just because the turret got some shots in on everybody his team was taking out. The thing doesn't even do that much damage unless he's in molten core mode.

Regardless it's one of the easiest things in the entire game to deal with by switching characters. If it was any weaker it might as well not be there. I don't play Torb often but I pretty much only use the turret to keep Tracers off the point while I run around shooting people on the front lines.

Arion

I don't think nerfing characters is the right way to go about balancing this game. Bastion, Tracer or Mcree, if you nerf their major tools they will become less enjoyable to play. That's what happened to League of Legends. Strong, interesting characters like Singed, Jax, Riven and many others saw nerfs until they became both nonviable and unenjoyable to play.

Better way to balance the game would be to buff characters who are supposed to counter them to make them more effective. That way you still retain what made the character's effective while also allowing a way for outplays to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom