• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold_Loot

So I'm trying to adapt sensitivity for each character.
In general what is recommended? Is the gap between horizontal and vertical a recommended ratio to keep? Should I opt for slower sentivity on rangers like hanzo {whom I'm Pretty good with} and widow maker?

EDIT: I'm on PS4
One cool thing is Widowmaker has a separate setting for her scoped speed as well as unscoped . I usually have it at 40 unscoped and 25 scoped.

Zaventem

Every time a control game starts, whenever a Lucio in your team activates the speed boost, and everyone in your team is running at ludicrous speed next to one another with the epic music in the background.

HarrellPumped.gif

Played a game with double lucio in pub. I was trying to figure out who would speed boost first, he did then I did to get to that point pronto. After I died I switched, but damn it's a good strat. KOTH without lucio is suicide really.

Firestorm

I thinks I too on my 970. I didn't play much beta but I remember it beings solid 60 fps. Now I get little drops under 60.
I don't drop below 60 on my 970 with everything on Epic and a higher resolution than 1920x1080 which I'm forcing through GeForce experience. Try updating drivers?

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Apologies in advance if this has been asked before, but has anyone had an issue updating the game? I constantly get "Whoops! Something broke. Give it another shot". I checked my installed folder settings, got plenty of space. Scan and Repair didn't help either.

Frustrating since I had no issue during the beta!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Every time a control game starts, whenever a Lucio in your team activates the speed boost, and everyone in your team is running at ludicrous speed next to one another with the epic music in the background.

]

*shudders* Lucas Harrell

I don't miss those days

Apathy

Some of these players, my god
I just cant

Why yes Widow sit back and snipe while 5 of us killed ourselves killing the whole Defense on Hanamura, yet you don't go take point

Bravo

I had a match like that, the rest of the team ended up dying killing their team, they had one alive running back (the first one we killed) so the point was free, our widow just stood there looking through her scope, moving side to side avoiding the nothing and no one shooting at her, while we're all frantically typing out to move to the point.

It was up there in terms of the worst, must frustrating things to have happened in game.

Klyka

Banned
How would you counter an attacking team of four Junkrats, a Reinhardt, and a Hanzo?

Pharah's. Junkrat can't touch Pharah. Soldier 76 works well too cause he can take them out at range. A widowmaker in the back will easily headshot/bodyshot them.

But mostly Pharah's. Even just two Pharah's can flank around the Reinhardt and just rocket spam from rooftops/the air.

Put a Mercy on one of the Pharah's and she'll clean house.

Played a game with double lucio in pub. I was trying to figure out who would speed boost first, he did then I did to get to that point pronto. After I died I switched, but damn it's a good strat. KOTH without lucio is suicide really.

I just love how I always feel like a team of BAMF superheroes ready to wreck some shit. That, and it's the best way to start those matches.

I had a match like that, the rest of the team ended up dying killing their team, they had one alive running back (the first one we killed) so the point was free, our widow just stood there looking through her scope, moving side to side avoiding the nothing and no one shooting at her, while we're all frantically typing out to move to the point.

It was up there in terms of the worst, must frustrating things to have happened in game.
Yeah I've seen that too many times when I see what others are doing after I die unfortunately. They just stand in one spot a million miles away hoping to get some cheap kills. I've seen good Widowmaker play only a handful of times.

pigeon

Banned
How would you counter an attacking team of four Junkrats, a Reinhardt, and a Hanzo?

Reinhardt is the only member of that team who can stand on the point, and he's melee.

Depending on what other teammates were playing, I'd play Winston to push the backline away and Mei to kill Reinhardt.

edit: Actually, as others noted, Pharah is a great pick vs. Junkrat and also dominates Reinhardt, so I would probably play her.

AdamT

I had my first crash and it put me right back in the game with my team. Nice feature. Luckily load times are really quick on an SSD.

Artanisix

I'm surprised Overwatch gets so much shit from random posters on gaf, I wonder if it's just due to its massive popularity at this point

R0ckman

Did Blizzard ever release a statement in defense of Torb's turret cooldown going off when built and not destroyed? Makes absolutely no sense to me.

pigeon

Banned
Did Blizzard ever release a statement in defense of Torb's turret cooldown going off when built and not destroyed? Makes absolutely no sense to me.

Seems pretty obvious to me? They're not trying to punish him for getting his turret destroyed, they're trying to punish him for putting it in an exposed location so that it immediately gets destroyed. Basically, you're supposed to be able to have your turret up constantly as Torbjorn, but you're not supposed to be able to place it while people are actively shooting you.

Ark

Someone fucking tell me how Mcree isn't the most fucked up piece of overpowered unbalanced piece of fucking shit to ever be in a game?

I'm not even joking, he's the most bullshit character ever. If the hit detection/tickrate wasn't bad enough, his ridiculous range on his flashbang + the right-click, is just so silly.

Tidalwave

Someone fucking tell me how Mcree isn't the most fucked up piece of overpowered unbalanced piece of fucking shit to ever be in a game?

I'm not even joking, he's the most bullshit character ever. If the hit detection/tickrate wasn't bad enough, his ridiculous range on his flashbang + the right-click, is just so silly.
Same answer for everyone else. Hard counters. When I play Genji, Mcree doesn't even exist.

Rad-

That facepalm at your team when you get elimination gold medal with 4 eliminations and you were playing Mercy. #MercyProblems #HeroesAlwaysDie

You have to understand, none of the heroes in this game is balanced.
If you have mcree, then try mei, or bastion, or zarya, or genji. Switch your heroes, counter them.

Gryph

I'm surprised Overwatch gets so much shit from random posters on gaf, I wonder if it's just due to its massive popularity at this point

A story about a gaming site, packed with posts and dudes that fight,
Each single game with hope is made, and by some people probably played
But no matter how big or small, there's a Gaffer to hate them all.

He's pretty darn ridiculous in 1v1, he can probably win most match-ups that way. His range is pretty good too, but I don't think he's OP. I haven't really had any issues with McCrees, I haven't been killed by High Noon either.

Klyka

Banned
Same answer for everyone else. Hard counters. When I play Genji, Mcree doesn't even exist.

Reflect is on cooldown. You are now dead XD

McCree Needs a lot of SKILL to be good.

You Need to press stun AND fan AND hit with those bullets! And if they still live you Need to use a ROLL and then FAN AGAIN!

I thought this game was supposed to be casual friendly but this amount of skill needed to make a character work? Over the line, Failzzard!

pigeon

Banned

People will tell you to play a McCree counter.

They're not wrong, but McCree is actually a little too good right now. The fact that the pro teams were experimenting with double McCree should pretty much clarify his position. He just doesn't have significant weaknesses at this moment.

Tidalwave

Reflect is on cooldown. You are now dead XD

McCree Needs a lot of SKILL to be good.

You Need to press stun AND fan AND hit with those bullets! And if they still live you Need to use a ROLL and then FAN AGAIN!

I thought this game was supposed to be casual friendly but this amount of skill needed to make a character work? Over the line, Failzzard!
If reflect is on CD then dash and double jump while throwing shurikens down. Be annoying. He won't keep up.

Matt Frost

I thought this game was supposed to be casual friendly but this amount of skill needed to make a character work?

That's what I absolutely love about Overwatch: that is skill based game. Mighty Blizzard, thank you! (with all the respect to you Klyka)

TaterTots

Banned
I don't drop below 60 on my 970 with everything on Epic and a higher resolution than 1920x1080 which I'm forcing through GeForce experience. Try updating drivers?

I have a 960, but wasn't having dips on the beta on Ultra settings. Once I updated my driver to the game ready one I started experiencing dips. Once I reverted it's been solid for me. Odd.

Klyka

Banned
That's what I absolutely love about Overwatch: that is skill based game. Mighty Blizzard, thank you! (with all the respect to you Klyka)

I think you may have slightly missed the sarcasm in my post ;)

What is this?

Someone made a thing to get the Atmos mix for your stereo headphones? Is there a link or can this be done within the game?

Sound Options - Dolby Atmos.

Right there in the game

What is this?

Someone made a thing to get the Atmos mix for your stereo headphones? Is there a link or can this be done within the game?

on pc it's a sound option to give sterio headsets some weird sound feature to help hear stuff from all around you

*edit* thought you were asking what atmos was, sorry.

TaterTots

Banned

Someone like McCree requires skill imo. He requires actual aim for mid to long range. People say he is easy due to flash bang, but sometimes you have to mix it up.

R0ckman

Seems pretty obvious to me? They're not trying to punish him for getting his turret destroyed, they're trying to punish him for putting it in an exposed location so that it immediately gets destroyed. Basically, you're supposed to be able to have your turret up constantly as Torbjorn, but you're not supposed to be able to place it while people are actively shooting you.

I don't agree with this merely because the way its designed it becomes the center of attention in most battles even if its easy to take it out. When you take it out there is no real reward but for maybe several seconds.

One of my only gripes about this game is that I can't really seem to find sensitivities for my controller on Xbox One that feel right. I haven't had that problem in CoD, Battlefield, or Halo, with the exception of Halo 5 before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom