• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurrry

These loot boxes are killin me. For the past like 12 levels I have gotten nothing but straight trash.

After watching GB open up 50 of them and get like 5 oranges, it makes me wonder if buying them really does increase your odds at getting the better looking skins. Cause right now, all I seem to get are duplicates and sprays.

Vol5

Someone fucking tell me how Mcree isn't the most fucked up piece of overpowered unbalanced piece of fucking shit to ever be in a game?

I'm not even joking, he's the most bullshit character ever. If the hit detection/tickrate wasn't bad enough, his ridiculous range on his flashbang + the right-click, is just so silly.

He's not the most mobile. There are plenty of counters against him but yeah, if he get's the flashbang on you, it's pretty much over.

Xeteh

These loot boxes are killin me. For the past like 12 levels I have gotten nothing but straight trash.

After watching GB open up 50 of them and get like 5 oranges, it makes me wonder if buying them really does increase your odds at getting the better looking skins. Cause right now, all I seem to get are duplicates and sprays.

Someone in this thread bought 50 and only got one legendary. Pretty sure it is purely random.

Apathy

great, it's spreading. more people want to kill guys and then do their spray and taunt in hopes of getting potg while there is still a bunch of the team still alive

Shahadan

You have to be close to be really killed by mccree and his flashbang, and it's once every ten seconds, lol. HE's not mobile and not even really resistant. I almost never get killed by McCrees and I play Mei.

TheRed

The loot boxes are better than my experience in Dota 2 these days where it's 1 drop every like 30 hours of game time and always a lame ass pugna staff that I have 20 of. Oh I miss the days of Dota having exciting drops :(

Matt Frost

Someone like McCree requires skill imo. He requires actual aim for mid to long range. People say he is easy due to flash bang, but sometimes you have to mix it up.

Yes he does need some skill but I never had a problem with him since his gun works really similar to The Last Word (an exotic hand cannon in Destiny).

Jolkien

I shall try that. Is a level 3 turret really good? I never got it up there.

It's insanely strong, it melts pretty much everything. I never saw a turret being destroyed while it was level 3. I'm not even sure if Genji can kill it with reflect since it has so much health.

mellow

I got another legendary skin but it was a duplicate -_- the 200 credits for that makes it not too bad though, I'm just over halfway to being able to buy one of the legendary skins I want, leaning towards Hanzo's Okami stuff or Lucio's toad one

pigeon

Banned
How do you become an effective Toblerone? Every time I put up a turret, it gets taken down.

Every time you put up a turret you want all of these things:

* Overlooks the control point or a chokepoint.
* Isn't visible from a distance (so around a corner, in a hallway, or behind a wall).
* Isn't where everybody else is going to stand.

Torb's turret has terrible DPS, excellent tracking, and no falloff at all. It's not a primary defense tool on its own, it's mainly there to provide crossfire for your team. The enemy team can't kill both at once.

For the same reason, once you place your turret as Torb, you should move away from it and defend using your gun. Scrap drops exist to help you remember to do this. Only go back to it if you need to repair it.

Pro tip: Hanzo annihiliates Dva in close range combat.

This should definitely not happen.

Uthred

great, it's spreading. more people want to kill guys and then do their spray and taunt in hopes of getting potg while there is still a bunch of the team still alive

Havent seen that yet, though now my goal is to do that while getting POTG as Torbjörn, my turrets off killing fools while I'm tagging a random wall.

Ark

People will tell you to play a McCree counter.

They're not wrong, but McCree is actually a little too good right now. The fact that the pro teams were experimenting with double McCree should pretty much clarify his position. He just doesn't have significant weaknesses at this moment.

Yeah, he just feels way too strong.

* Isn't visible from a distance (so around a corner, in a hallway, or behind a wall).

Torb's turret has terrible DPS, excellent tracking, and no falloff at all. It's not a primary defense tool on its own, it's mainly there to provide crossfire for your team. The enemy team can't kill both at once.

For the same reason, once you place your turret as Torb, you should move away from it and defend using your gun. Scrap drops exist to help you remember to do this. Only go back to it if you need to repair it.

This should definitely not happen.

If you're playing against a bad Hanzo sure.

His scatter shot will almost one shot you (450 normal which with Dva's huge hitbox means all of them will hit and some on the head hitbox), and his normal arrows will all hit for 240(235 if you have any armor). Smart Hanzos will hold their arrow till your matrix is down if you use it meaning you eat a headshot as soon as it goes down. Then they will headshot you as you fly out of the mech.

Ferny

I've gotten three legendary skins and I'm only level 19. All free boxes. It's random.

Level 3 only happens when your ultimate is active.

It's insanely strong, it melts pretty much everything. I never saw a turret being destroyed while it was level 3. I'm not even sure if Genji can kill it with reflect since it has so much health.

Once Toblerone's ultimate goes away, does the turret go back to level 2?

Thanks for the tips.

I got two legendarys in one loot box so I don't think that's it. Hopefully your luck will change.

Klyka

Banned
Does using mei's ice wall under an enemy hurt them? It's so tempting to try and do yet it's probably screwing me over

It does no damage but it does knock them up.

it CAN Smash People to death against the ceiling though. doesnt work 100% of the time.

How do I get good? I'm playing with a team yet we get destroyed sometimes.

Also, High Noon Stun + Quickshot is OP for close range if you know how to use it.

Animator

Someone fucking tell me how Mcree isn't the most fucked up piece of overpowered unbalanced piece of fucking shit to ever be in a game?

I'm not even joking, he's the most bullshit character ever. If the hit detection/tickrate wasn't bad enough, his ridiculous range on his flashbang + the right-click, is just so silly.

Are you one of those terrible players who REFUSES to change the character he is playing when the enemy team is clearly countering it and complains how _____ is overpowered.

Every character in this game has multiple counters. You can destroy mccree with pharah, torbjorn turrets, bastion, tracer, mei, junkrat.

Satch

Banned
That is a lucky Hanzo and a bad D.Va.
Its not luck, if you scattershot the ground in front of her, all the arrows will hit her and destroy her mech

Ive played this matchup a billion times, thats how it works. U need to wait for hanzo to use his scatter elsewhere before you attack

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Are you one of those terrible players who REFUSES to change the character he is playing when the enemy team is clearly countering it and complains how _____ is overpowered.

Every character in this game has multiple counters. You can destroy mccree with pharah, torbjorn turrets, bastion, tracer, mei, junkrat.

some competitive teams ARE using him x2 though

and genji is his counter not phara

george_us

The amount of randoms that think the best way to hold the objective is to meet the enemy at their spawn is baffling. Just played a game where four teammates stood literally in the doorway waiting for the other team and were melted within seconds of the doors opening. Spamming group up does nothing
The best is when people repeatedly attack individually instead of pushing as group only to get destroyed by a heavily dug in team.

Lucio is quickly becoming my favorite hero. I really wish I could get more work done with Zenyatta, but it really feels like he needs some buffs.

Finalow

Bastion - woefully underpowered at higher skill brackets
read this in the OP, eh. woefully underpowered? He might not be as good in higher skill brackets but he can still be deadly if the player knows how to use him properly.
yes, the same can be said for almost any other character but that's part of the fun, I believe.

Is he?

I feel like I die as Winston way too fast.
he's top tier material once you understand how to play him right.

Satch

Banned
I dont get the tone of this thread. Does competitive have the tea or not? Bastion isnt picked in competitive because he isnt super strong, so he doesnt need nerfs. and then in competitive they run two mccrees (with up to THREE tested in scrims) but he isnt a big deal either

Like ok

Pro tip: Hanzo annihiliates Dva in close range combat.

lol ok, if the dva cant press any buttons and doesnt have a mouse.

I dont get the tone of this thread. Does competitive have the tea or not? Bastion isnt picked in competitive because he isnt super strong, so he doesnt need nerfs. and then in competitive they run two mccrees (with up to THREE tested in scrims) but he isnt a big deal either

Like ok

Games should always be balanced round competitive play, i'd imagine mcree was changed alot over the open beta and blizzard will struggle to put him in a good place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom