• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

vypek

amazon fucked me. this morning got an email saying shipping delay. was supposed to arrive today, now it says delayed to friday.

so much for amazon prime release day delivery....

I actually had that happen for the first time on Saturday when I had something delivered to my parents place. Guess I ordered too close to the date or something. Very surprised at it. They gave me partial refund though.

When did you order the game from Amazon? I wonder what is going on with them recently. This past week was the only time a delivery of theirs has not made it on time for me.

Bittercup

Damn that looks nice but i went with the digital version.

CjJtKyPXIAEzg3A.jpg:large
I went digital, too since it was cheaper. But that really looks nice.
Maybe if someone sells an empty box on ebay I'll get just the box to put something on my shelf.

Dreavus

So it looks like the cdkeys.com codes went out, but mine says "EU" for some reason (I'm in Canada). Does blizzard usually have issues with different regions on codes?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I need a Jon Snow character

Long Cape/Cloak, Sword, Wolf

"My watch has just started"
"My watch has just ended"
"Wildlings!"
"Bastard!"

Ability 1, Wolf Attack @ target for % damage
Ability 2, Cloak Shields damage -50%, 3 secs

Ultimate "Resurrection"
Revive only if you've been stabbed at least once

Cels

I actually had that happen for the first time on Saturday when I had something delivered to my parents place. Guess I ordered too close to the date or something. Very surprised at it.

When did you order the game from Amazon? I wonder what is going on with them recently. This past week was the only time a delivery of theirs has not made it on time for me.

apr 22. gonna bug customer service and see if i can't get it tomorrow instead.

Matt Frost

I haven't been so excited for an online FPS since... Battlefield 4? Titanfall? Didn't like much the recent shooters, like Hardline, BO3, Battlefront and even Battlefield 4... Titanfall was for xbox... Played a lot and loved Overwatch beta with all the DIFFERENT characters and their own playstyles. Teamplay at its best. Plus the maps are fantastic. And free characters and maps is an even better deal considering all those premium DLC plaguing nowadays shooters. And another reason is that Blizzard is behind it, so is a guarantee of fun player experience and polish. All wins. Cant wait for tonight, longest work day in a long time... tonight will hang out with a couple of friends that are also getting it and wreak havok lol

th4tguy

So can i play with my son on our 2 PS4s (and two Overwatch copys) together in custome game mode without PS+?

Assuming you have PS+ and your son doesn't he would have to play on the primary system and you would play on the secondary. He has access to all digital software on the primary system, even without being logged into psn. He also gets access to your PS+ online access without having his own PS+ sub.
Your account caries rights to use your software and PS+ features on any system you sign into, which is why you can sign into a secondary console and play all your stuff online.

raviolico

Assuming you have PS+ and your son doesn't he would have to play on the primary system and you would play on the secondary. He has access to all digital software on the primary system, even without being logged into psn. He also gets access to your PS+ online access without having his own PS+ sub.
Your account caries rights to use your software and PS+ features on any system you sign into, which is why you can sign into a secondary console and play all your stuff online.

Great to know, thanks.

Redmoon

Even though I've put wayyyy too many hours into some games, I don't think I've ever been this excited/nervous about a game before.

It's kind of worrying to be honest.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I need a Jon Snow character

Long Cape/Cloak, Sword, Wolf

"My watch has just started"
"My watch has just ended"
"Wildlings!"
"Bastard!"

Ability 1, Wolf Attack @ target for % damage
Ability 2, Cloak Shields damage -50%, 3 secs

Ultimate "Resurrection"
Revive only if you've been stabbed at least once

Haha love the ult.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Haven't been following super close so I wasn't aware that game launches at 7:00 tonight local time and not 3AM as per usual Blizzard titles. Neato. I'm purchased and ready to rock.

Quonny

So it looks like the cdkeys.com codes went out, but mine says "EU" for some reason (I'm in Canada). Does blizzard usually have issues with different regions on codes?

IIRC there are two codes: one for RU/CIS and one for global.

So you should be okay.

Haines

Banned
What does the future of this game look like if all maps and heroes are free.

Is the business model just going to be to keep adding new stuff and keep the retail price high?

deoee

Did you get two images?

Code 1 Link: Game Code
Code 2 Link: DLC Code

Like this?

Just checking :|

Finaj

Is the business model just going to be to keep adding new stuff and keep the retail price high?

Every time a new hero is released, a tons of new cosmetics will come with it that people will willingly empty their wallets for.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

My guess is they will later have a similar system like CS:GO where you can purchase loot boxes with real money.

That, cosmetic microtransactions, merchandise, and maybe shorter game cycles (Overwatch 2 in 2020? Would be unlike Blizzard, I guess).

Eric WK

This work day is brutal. Stopped by Target on a break and they have Overwatch metal containers that appear to be completely pointless but I almost bought one anyway.

Gonna be salty if launch isn't stable.

gryvan

Think most of the profit will be from loot boxes and like the above poster mentioned, new heroes means new skin which also means people buying loot boxes and praying to RNGesus

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I honestly feel bad for the Battleborn team, they made the wrong game at the wrong time :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom