• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused. This releases at retail today?

If the servers will be online tonight and the digital version of the games unlocks tonight...they should be.

However, I would recommend going to the store or calling them first to make sure they will have it available for sale today.

I wouldn't trust the dates on the store website.

When you keep launching Overwatch hoping that Blizzard somehow managed to accidentally open the servers 8 hours early...

THlLPeo.gif

Manoko

Sadly ps4 version cant be bought there.

Man its bullshit tho. why the 24th release date in EU when the servers go up tonight? Why the embargo?

Blizzard has a history of not caring for their EU customers.
Once again, history repeats itself.

Alright, question for digital copies.

I have 2 PS4s in my house, Mine and my wife's so we can play games together.

If I buy a digital copy of the game, set my main PS4 to her machine and install the game, and then just download the game on my PS4, can we both play at the same time, or do I need to buy 2 copies of the game?

9.7 million people played the beta and it's generally been positive sooooo, probably not.

I agree completely. Also, you either like games such as Overwatch, or you don't. Guess you could rate production values and whether the game is a glitchy mess or not, but whatever rating the gaming press gives it, i bet it matters not.

Permanently A

If I buy a digital copy of the game, set my main PS4 to her machine and install the game, and then just download the game on my PS4, can we both play at the same time, or do I need to buy 2 copies of the game?

You can both play at the same time, I've done it with GTAV

DNAbro

you would need two copies.

EDIT: or not?

Pompadour

Since this is an online game you will need two copies.

We do exactly this and never need to buy double.

EDIT: Not sure if I'm misunderstanding, but last night we played SFV at the same time with one copy from my account.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
God i can't wait to not level up and unlock fucking weapons and attachments and then have to "prestige" and do it all over again. etc.

Having everything "open" from the beginning is awesome! So nice to have gone full circle with FPSs in the last 10+ years.

54/54 * 21

Let's Go! Loot Box

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
New Nvidia driver for Overwatch has been released.

jacobs34

I'm just sitting a my desk, practically shaking, getting no work done. We are so close. I never thought a 31 year old me could get so excited for a game to come out.

mikemandey

Man I'm weak, I don't do well in multiplayer games but the hype got to me. I hope the emphasis on team play over kill streaks will be a game changer for my game experience.
That's clearly how you market a game, good job Blizzard.

Is there a list of the good and bad heroes lore wise ? The shorts clearly indicate Widowmaker and Reaper in the bad guy camp, what about Hanzo and Genji ? And the rest of the cast ? Yeah, not a very important question but when you do a good design job and produce watchable shorts that touch upon the lore, this kind of question isn't so odd... I hope ^_^

Don't worry. Even if you die a lot and can't kill anyone, people won't know since your K/D stat isn't visible by other players. Enjoy

Permanently A

I'm curious...

Mine and the fiance's are side by side in our game room and we always purchase two copies of the game...

What Kor is referring to is gamesharing. Basically he buys OW and downloads it on his PS4. Then he sets his wife's PS4 to be his primary PS4 so she can also download OW. He puts the primary PS4 of his wife's PSN as his PS4. And voilà, both can now play OW at the same time. I've done this with GTAV online, both players in a party and all.

Absolutely. I was already sold on the game just from my time with the Beta, but that Gamespot retrospective just really took it all to another level for me. I left it with the utmost of respect for their vision and achievement. As corny as it sounds I felt as if they were making a game for me.
Having an MP FPS that I know I may not get to play for weeks at a time but I can go back to and still hopefully hold my own and at least feel like I am able to compete really is massive. Again as I said, it is like they made the game for me, which makes sense as for all intents and purposes, they are me minus the fact they are developers for a living. But we all grew up playing the same games, and I feel like someone or something needed to address the issue of what about those of us who want to enjoy the genre we grew up on but just do not have a lot of time in their day to day lives to dedicate.
So I feel like not only have they released an incredibly fun game to play, but they have directly addressed an issue with the genre itself.

Only time will tell if they have truly addressed it, but my time with the beta, along with everything I am reading and watching, indicates they very well may have.
I am just curious if because it appears they took this approach will people who expect more get bored with the game faster than normal. Also not for nothing the game does push teamwork and if the popularity of other MP FPS's is anything to go by, I do wonder if that will also make people stray from playing it. In a selfish way I think that will be the best thing that can happen though, as then those people that "get it" will be the ones playing.

I'm in the same boat of "won't have a lot of time to play," so reading your post makes me excited for the game. I am super close to ordering this on Amazon now.

Matt Frost

You can play at the same time as long as your account with Primary mode ON is on her PS4

th4tguy

This is exactly how we have it set up in my house. We only have to buy one copy of every game and we can both play, even at the same time, even online with eachother. Great for coop games.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in the same boat of "won't have a lot of time to play," so reading your post makes me excited for the game. I am super close to ordering this on Amazon now.

During the closed beta I only played a handful of games a day (2-5), and never felt like I was trailing behind. Sure, other players had crazy skins that I didn't have, but gameplay wise we were on an even footing. None of that weapon/attachment/perk/killstreak unlock treadmill bullshit, just pure old school FPS gameplay.

You can both play at the same time, I've done it with GTAV

you would need two copies.

EDIT: or not?

Since this is an online game you will need two copies.

We do exactly this and never need to buy double.

EDIT: Not sure if I'm misunderstanding, but last night we played SFV at the same time with one copy from my account.

You guys are terrible. :p

You can play at the same time as long as your account with Primary mode ON is on her PS4

This is how I'm pretty sure this works.

As I understand it, if you ever have 2 PS4s in the same house, you typically want your main PS4 to be the one you don't actually play on. Because the way a license works on a game is it's accessible on your main console as well as on your account. Thus, someone else can play on your main console, while you can still play on your account.

Thus the PS4 in the basement that I play on should be my wife's "Main" PS4, while the PS4 in the living room that my wife plays on should be my "Main" PS4.

This is how I've seen it explained, but I've never really done digital copies before, so I'm working off theory and not practice.

Cels

amazon fucked me. this morning got an email saying shipping delay. was supposed to arrive today, now it says delayed to friday.

so much for amazon prime release day delivery....

amazon fucked me. this morning got an email saying shipping delay. was supposed to arrive today, now it says delayed to friday.

so much for amazon prime release day delivery....

You can argue the date up to maybe tomorrow if you feel like it's amazon's fault. That is assuming it's not a matter of availability.

Deft Beck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom