• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haines

Banned
Every time a new hero is released, a tons of new cosmetics will come with it that people will willingly empty their wallets for.

Honestly. I'm liking this model the more I see it

It's always wierd seeing free dlc tho after so many years of seeing dlc abused

deoee

I thought they said it was going to unlock today? What time does it unlock.

High noon

051393.png

What does the future of this game look like if all maps and heroes are free.

Is the business model just going to be to keep adding new stuff and keep the retail price high?

I'm sure there will eventually be cosmetic purchases. Also, I can see the merchandising for this game being *massive*

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Blizzard said they'll allow people to buy loot boxes, which I assume will be the crux of their business model. Reminds me of Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, where you could buy booster packs but all the maps and characters were free to everyone.

Dreavus

IIRC there are two codes: one for RU/CIS and one for global.

So you should be okay.

Hmm if that's the case it should be fine then. Does it say that somewhere in one of their FAQs?

Did you get two images?

Code 1 Link: Game Code
Code 2 Link: DLC Code

Like this?

Just checking :|

Yes.

The first image says
"Overwatch Origin's Authentication Key - EU"
**Key**

Second one is just the key

EDIT:
It comes up as global in Battle.net

Good to know, I'll try it out.

rdytoroll

I could get this game tomorrow with a trade in for PS4, but I really want it digitally. Fuck swapping out discs all the time. So I have to wait till it's at a better price and the PS4 store almost never has good deals on newer games

You guys have fun tho!

TheYanger

Blizzard said they'll allow people to buy loot boxes, which I assume will be the crux of their business model. Reminds me of Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, where you could buy booster packs but all the maps and characters were free to everyone.

Yep. People keep saying stuff about selling skins separately and how are they making money, all this stuff. They've said all along they planned to let you buy loot boxes. There are enough cosmetics that for people who don't play a lot that will basically be how they get them. People who play a bunch should be able to eventually get everything and sort of stay 'up to date' as new shit comes out I would imagine.

Will ask again but are either of special editions still available for digital order? Work has me locked down right now and unable to check.

The CE was never 'digital', and the Origins Edition is available, I doubt it ever won't be.

vypek

apr 22. gonna bug customer service and see if i can't get it tomorrow instead.

Thats insane. It wasn't even like you just ordered it late last night. Yeah, checking with customer service is a good idea. You might actually be able to get some store credit or partial refund on your order.

Tecnniqe

Banned

ThisOne

Can I buy the game tonight at Best Buy or do I have to wait until midnight or tomorrow? I have not preordered, in case that matters.

Gurrry

Yep. People keep saying stuff about selling skins separately and how are they making money, all this stuff. They've said all along they planned to let you buy loot boxes. There are enough cosmetics that for people who don't play a lot that will basically be how they get them. People who play a bunch should be able to eventually get everything and sort of stay 'up to date' as new shit comes out I would imagine.

The CE was never 'digital', and the Origins Edition is available, I doubt it ever won't be.

Well I hope theyre free and not free*

* = earn an asinine amount of gold to pay for "free" characters

Tecnniqe

Banned
Hey now, Battleborn was a fantastic game and everyone that played the beta and said it sucked is just a hater alright.

I dont hate the game, I hate Randy Pitchford but besides that Battleborn made my eyes bleed when trying to watch it.

Like a color bomb on repeat

I could get this game tomorrow with a trade in for PS4, but I really want it digitally. Fuck swapping out discs all the time. So I have to wait till it's at a better price and the PS4 store almost never has good deals on newer games

You guys have fun tho!

Where are you trading it in? Sometimes I trade stuff in and just buy PSN credit with the credit. Could do that?

Can I buy the game tonight at Best Buy or do I have to wait until midnight or tomorrow? I have not preordered, in case that matters.

servers are up tonight (5pm Mountain time, etc). Check with your nearest best buy to see if you can go over an buy it now. But don't trust the web site as bestbuy.ca is still saying Tuesday as the release date.

_Legacy_

I'm so hyped for this, currently camping with the wife but will be playing this first thing when I get back tomorrow, also got Weds off. Anyone else off work for this game?

servers are up tonight (5pm Mountain time, etc). Check with your nearest best buy to see if you can go over an buy it now. But don't trust the web site as bestbuy.ca is still saying Tuesday as the release date.

quick update. if you go to the version of the game you want (ps4, etc), you can reserve the game and pickup in 20 minutes...

Hey now, Battleborn was a fantastic game and everyone that played the beta and said it sucked is just a hater alright.

God i tried to like it but i played an hour of the beta and "noped" right out. The framerate (PS4) was garbage, the characters were not my style and the "humor" was horrid. BB is one of the worst games i've played in the last 6 months... but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom