• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Will I be able to have fun and will my team get mad if I don't plan on playing with friends, just random solo matchmaking without a headset? I had fun with the beta, but I like to mindlessly play when my gf is asleep without speaking with people.

I did a lot of that during the closed beta and had a blast.

Danj

Sorry if this already got answered somewhere, but if I already have the PC beta on my machine, will it auto update to the full version if I bought it on battle.net or do I need to reinstall?

Acidote

Will I be able to have fun and will my team get mad if I don't plan on playing with friends, just random solo matchmaking without a headset? I had fun with the beta, but I like to mindlessly play when my gf is asleep without speaking with people.

That's fine as long as it's Quick Play and not a ranked match.

Sorry if this already got answered somewhere, but if I already have the PC beta on my machine, will it auto update to the full version if I bought it on battle.net or do I need to reinstall?

You're good with what the beta was. It's updated.

Kane1345

Come on, flip that switch Blizz....

THlLPeo.gif

respectfulbestgordonsetter_by_kane1345-da3ms7q.gif

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Got my PS4 copy and steel art plate from Best Buy.

Now the 6+hour wait begins.

Manoko

If the statue was of any other character I would have picked up the CE. Even Reaper.

They picked the least inspired character out of all 21.

Must be Chris Metzen really wishing hard for his own personal character being in the Collector Edition, but that's a damn shame.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member

Must be Chris Metzen really wishing hard for his own personal character being in the Collector Edition, but that's a damn shame.

Agreed, but I guess Tracer made too much fucking sense. :mad:

Am i the only one to think that CE is not worth the money they are asking for it? Specially for us in the Europe. I mean that statue is nice. But i only care about that steelbook, it looks great.

in EU maybe. For me in NA with GCU I got it $102 and they are giving me $10 back so ~$30 more then the origins edition (PS4) and I get a statue, soundtrack and art book. OH and the box is amazing.

TheRed

Did anyone try in the beta launching through steam for the steam overlay? I will be playing with kb/m but I'm sure after a while I would like to mess around with seeing how good I can get with the Steam controller.

Jolkien

Lore wise Morrison (Soldier 76) was the leader of Overwatch until they disbanded the first time. It makes perfect sense that the statue is of him. Tracer is already everywhere.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Did anyone try in the beta launching through steam for the steam overlay? I will be playing with kb/m but I'm sure after a while I would like to mess around with seeing how good I can get with the Steam controller.

Add battle.net client as shortcut and run it.
Once you press play on OW in the steam launched battle.net launcher you get the overlay

Since we wallpaper now
Code:
[IMG]http://hdqwalls.com/wallpapers/overwatch-4k.jpg[/IMG]
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/9RZJD1k.png[/IMG]

NeoRaider

in EU maybe. For me in NA with GCU I got it $102 and they are giving me $10 back so ~$30 more then the origins edition (PS4) and I get a statue, soundtrack and art book. OH and the box is amazing.

That's nice deal. It's 130-140e in Europe. That's the price i saw on few online stores.

Manoko

Lore wise Morrison (Soldier 76) was the leader of Overwatch until they disbanded the first time. It makes perfect sense that the statue is of him. Tracer is already everywhere.

I understand, but as a collectible that you're supposed to display, an interesting design is always a better choice over a pretty bland one, even if it has significance for the story/lore.

I didn't mention Tracer, but there are other heroes they could have picked, that would be far better than Soldier 76.

Taker34

Banned
When I picked the title up at my local GameStop store (in Germany) I briefly talked with the employees there, who both said they were surprised that basically only one guy pre-ordered the game. Even though Overwatch will definitely have some big legs and from what we can see it'll be very successful to say the least. There's this Destiny-like hype going on here...

I have no idea what to expect from the game because I managed to ignore every gameplay video out there until yesterday. That should be an interesting FPS experience. Go go power rangers!

Since Blizzard's games have a rather long lifespan, how are they going to handle the transition to the next gen consoles? I know it's not happening anytime soon with the Neo and possibly upgraded xbox extending this gen, but still.

Does Blizzard even consider OW to be a decade long experience on consoles? What's the most likely scenario regarding Overwatch on consoles now and in the future?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Will there be a healthy amount of players on PS4? What do you think?

Probably
Since Blizzard's games have a rather long lifespan, how are they going to handle the transition to the next gen consoles? I know it's not happening anytime soon with the Neo and possibly upgraded xbox extending this gen, but still.

Does Blizzard even consider OW to be a decade long experience on consoles? What's the most likely scenario regarding Overwatch on consoles now and in the future?

Probably something similar to how they do Diablo 3 i assume as console verification and what not take a play.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Am I going to get rolled if I buy the PC version and try to use a controller? Are the console versions 60fps?

Yes, you will get shit on constantly and be a detriment to your team, using a controller will always put you at a big disadvantage on PC and that's with aim assist, Overwatch doesn't even have that so you'd be useless honestly. And yeah, the PS4 version was 60fps most of the time during gameplay, the kill cams felt a bit choppy to me but apart from that it was solid.

ISOM

If you didn't delete the beta, do you have to preinstall anything when you prepurchase the game? I just purchased the game but don't see an installation option, so I'm guessing I'm fine?

Lucifon

When I picked the title up at my local GameStop store (in Germany) I briefly talked with the employees there, who both said they were surprised that basically only one guy pre-ordered the game. Even though Overwatch will definitely have some big legs and from what we can see it'll be very successful to say the least. There's this Destiny-like hype going on here...

I have no idea what to expect from the game because I managed to ignore every gameplay video out there until yesterday. That should be an interesting FPS experience. Go go power rangers!

I think the game has a lot of hype around hardcore gamers but I don't know many casual gamers who are getting it. They've heard of it but aren't buying day one.

Oscar

Do y'all know if I can pick up my Best Buy preorder anywhere or only at the specific Best Buy I placed my preorder at?

RotBot

I'm glad waiting to pull the trigger on this paid off. Hard to beat $40 for the Origins edition on Amazon, delivered today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom