• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucifon

Anyone knows how accounts are handled? I connected Xbox Live to my Blizz account and I might also buy it on PC. Will I be able to use the same player profile or are they separate?

Seperate sadly. I've also got it on both xb1 and PC. That said I'm hoping the origins bonus from my xb1 copy will apply to the pc game too. It is a battle.net code but I won't know until I play the PC version. I only preordered the standard pc copy not origins in hope of this.

The "main" mentality isn't a League exclusive thing, it's common in any game with lots of "characters". People just aren't used to the idea of picks and counterpicks.
For me there are just heroes I really enjoy (my mains), heroes I don't like but can still play well enough, and some heroes I just can't play to save my life. But as with all games with a character selection I'm sure I'm going to eventually branch out and my mains will rotate as I get bored with my current repertoire or as I begin to experiment.

16BitNova

My Gamefly copy just came in! Any tips on what's the best class for a newbie?

Besides Soldier 76 I'd say,

1. Sahara: She can basically fly and has a rocket launcher. Start off by aiming at the enemies feet, when you get good, aim for where they "will be" not where they are, those direct shots do some damage. Use your super jump ability as much as possible and rain some hell from above.

2. Bastion is a pretty standard Tank character. Powerful as fuck, has a rifle, and ability to turn into a stationary character.

3. Reihnhardt. Big dude, with a big shield, that teammates love. He has a projectile attack ability. But mainly get up close with his charge ability or using the shield and swing away when not playing defensively.

Those are the first 3 I played and had fun with. But they are all pretty easy to pick up and play. Just hard to master.

vypek

couldn't move my order up. gave me $15 for my troubles. oh well.

Its nice you got some of it back. Totals to around $35 or something for you now? But still, kinda ridiculous how you pre-ordered a month in advance and they still couldn't get the game to you on time.

xezuru

Daily Overthirst Check:
Are you guys okay?

Life Progress A Bug:
Intended Behavior - Continue normal human life waiting for free time to pick up and enjoy game.
Actual Behavior - Unable to progress Life or execute Work feature, Job has been disabled and Overwatch has overridden all thread priority.

Blizzards transition with Diablo 3 wasn't too bad. You could upload your last gen character to battle.net and import it into the next gen version. You still had to buy the game again for the next gen version.
If Overwatch is still active when the next gen consoles are released I wouldn't be surprised if you could take your profile with you to the new system.

Sounds good to me, but what about crossplay between old and new consoles? How's Diablo 3 in this regard?

hydruxo

Elizabeth Banks is Mercy
d653137fa1a5675aa812b4ede38d2469.jpg

Lea Seydoux would be a better fit imo, plus she's got an accent too

Im trying to choose between getting this for PS4 or PC.

PC: i'll play it on 120HZ and its only 40 $ (i dont care that much about skins)
PS4: Finally have something to play with my PS4 and can re-sell the game if i don't like it long enough.

What are your thoughts?

Are all the "I'm going to main [character]" people just LoL players who are so used to playing a game where they have to buy/grind to unlock heroes that they don't comprehend a game where all of the heroes are available and balanced to counter each other and be more or less useful in specific situations and with certain lineups? None of my Dota friends have this mentality of playing a single hero in Overwatch...

Any game with classes can suffer from such a mentality. MOBAs or shooters; TF2, and Overwatch included. It's going to be one of Overwatch's bigger struggles with the playerbase, I think. Over time people will realise how key switching heroes is, but it will take time. Fortunately, it has a lot of good tips that help players understand what is going on, like that "[class] needed" note when first starting a match; it will help people select a semi-viable comp, or at least know why they're doing badly.

Like, personally, I had a moment of revelation during the beta when I realised I could switch on the fly. I was switching occasionally but generally dedicated myself to whoever I felt like playing--it wasn't clicking with me that I wasn't locked in, in spite of knowing Overwatch's TF2 inspiration.

Interfectum

Im trying to choose between getting this for PS4 or PC.

PC: i'll play it on 120HZ and its only 40 $ (i dont care that much about skins)
PS4: Finally have something to play with my PS4 and can re-sell the game if i don't like it long enough.

What are your thoughts?

Couldn't go wrong with either. I guess the biggest question would be do you want to play with a controller or kb/m?

The "main" mentality isn't a League exclusive thing, it's common in any game with lots of "characters". People just aren't used to the idea of picks and counterpicks.
Regardless of picks and counterpicks, people will just gravitate to their favourites. Some people will be more flexible than others, but at the end of the day the character you "main" is the one you'll try to play with the most.

Ohnonono

Question:

Is the problem with 10GB patches and download a console thing?

Im so used to 50GB+ games on PC the last few years I dont see the issue.

I would imagine my PS4 will take a good long time do D/L that patch. I am guessing that is what is being referenced. No internet speed can fix PSN when it is being grumpy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom