• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanently A

2Yp46ZN.jpg

Jarate

Banned
So i'm looking at this zenyatta guide, supposedly he's a tank shredder?

http://www.furiouspaul.com/overwatch/zenyatta.html

Zenyatta beats stationary heroes very well. I'd imagine he'd get shredded by either a D. Va or a Winston player.

His debuff ability though takes down tank + medic combos pretty well though. His range and damage is also pretty ridiculous. He just struggles against characters that can get close or can snipe, as he is literally made out of paper mache.

Interfectum

Based on the animated shorts seems to me other Blizzard IP is considered entertainment in Overwatch canon (dude playing Hearthstone, that girl's murloc purse, etc.)

So no Reaper vs. Lich King to see who is the biggest brooder. :(

Haines

Banned
Alright. Did the preorder on xbone ( for my elite controller) my ps4 will be kept warm with uncharted and doom

I will be using a mic and looking for a nice social experience.

Haines GT

Add me and I'll do my best to get some games and fun teams going. It's how I prefer my online mp.

Looking forward to the next great blizzard game.

Based on the animated shorts seems to me other Blizzard IP is considered entertainment in Overwatch canon (dude playing Hearthstone, that girl's murloc purse, etc.)

So no Reaper vs. Lich King to see who is the biggest brooder. :(

It's definitely part of the Blizzard Content Universe (BCU) at the very least. Tracer's in Heroes of the Storm, along with a Nova skin, and I suspect that's only just the beginning.

Ohnonono

Picked this up for PS4 today. Anyone know what kind of download I am looking at if I bought the retail copy? Also, hope this game is good!

Cels

Thats insane. It wasn't even like you just ordered it late last night. Yeah, checking with customer service is a good idea. You might actually be able to get some store credit or partial refund on your order.

couldn't move my order up. gave me $15 for my troubles. oh well. i'll be waiting until friday i guess....

i don't understand how this stuff happens. i pre-ordered on apr 22 with prime release day delivery for may 24, which got moved up to may 23.

the morning of may 23, i receive an email saying it would be delayed to may 27. i'm pretty pissed. they offered me $15 off to compensate but honestly i don't care about that, just want the game in my hands today.

Holy whit didn't even realize this was unlocking in 6 hours. Thought I'd have to wait till midnight. Looks like I will get some play time in tonight. Cya guys on ps4

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Are all the "I'm going to main [character]" people just LoL players who are so used to playing a game where they have to buy/grind to unlock heroes that they don't comprehend a game where all of the heroes are available and balanced to counter each other and be more or less useful in specific situations and with certain lineups? None of my Dota friends have this mentality of playing a single hero in Overwatch...

Tecnniqe

Banned
Who the hell are those other characters in this?!?! Guy with the pump action shotgun has me interested... as does the white haired dude with two swords!
Underwatchers
Are all the "I'm going to main [character]" people just LoL players who are so used to playing a game where they have to buy/grind to unlock heroes that they don't comprehend a game where all of the heroes are available and balanced to counter each other and be more or less useful in specific situations and with certain lineups? None of my Dota friends have this mentality of playing a single hero in Overwatch...
Just people in general playing what they want.
Same reason there's millions of scouts/snipers in shooters.

ekim

Anyone knows how accounts are handled? I connected Xbox Live to my Blizz account and I might also buy it on PC. Will I be able to use the same player profile or are they separate?

Ferny

Picked this up for PS4 today. Anyone know what kind of download I am looking at if I bought the retail copy? Also, hope this game is good!

Probably just the patch. It was like 10gbs I believe? Not sure if it's the same for retail copies as I have mine digital.

Didn't play the beta very much, but wanna try Widowmaker and Pharah first. Haven't put any time into PvP games since MW2 so this should be suitably fun and awful for me.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

The "main" mentality isn't a League exclusive thing, it's common in any game with lots of "characters". People just aren't used to the idea of picks and counterpicks.

Bittercup

Since Blizzard's games have a rather long lifespan, how are they going to handle the transition to the next gen consoles? I know it's not happening anytime soon with the Neo and possibly upgraded xbox extending this gen, but still.

Does Blizzard even consider OW to be a decade long experience on consoles? What's the most likely scenario regarding Overwatch on consoles now and in the future?
Blizzard's transition with Diablo 3 wasn't too bad. You could upload your last gen character to battle.net and import it into the next gen version. You still had to buy the game again for the next gen version.
If Overwatch is still active when the next gen consoles are released I wouldn't be surprised if you could take your profile with you to the new system.

So are the servers live now? Not that it matters for me, I'm sure my UPS guy won't be here till this afternoon.
releasepyufh.jpg

It's not tied to LoL players. It's a common mentality. If you want to avoid this as much as possible then squad up when playing because there's going to be a lot of players who stick to their favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom