• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Goddamn Jeff grow your beard back.

jeffkaplanoverwatch.jpg

Tecnniqe

Banned
You should riot in the streets if 10GB takes that long really.

Unacceptable in 2016.

How long does a 50GB game on console take to download?
Sounds like days honestly.

You would think that a service you pay for vs something like steam thats free would step up its game.

But i guess the 0 competition makes them give no shits.

Loxley

I made it a point to finish Rise of the Tomb Raider by today so I could just go nuts with Overwatch - mission accomplished.

Originally Posted by The Incredible Muffin

Im trying to choose between getting this for PS4 or PC.

PC: i'll play it on 120HZ and its only 40 $ (i dont care that much about skins)
PS4: Finally have something to play with my PS4 and can re-sell the game if i don't like it long enough.

What are your thoughts?

Couldn't go wrong with either. I guess the biggest question would be do you want to play with a controller or kb/m?

What about the performance on PS4? Is it steady 60fps and basically same graphics?

j0hnnix

If anyone is doing anything for xbox one xxiijm is my GT. Got my copy at lunch. Gonna head home after work call then install it. Servers are up at 7PM Est?

Loxley

Jeff Kaplan just reiterated on the live-stream that a competitive mode for Overwatch is going to be a part of the game's first major content update, which will probably be coming sometime around the end of June. They're playtesting it internally this weekend.

saskuatch

I bought a sennheiser 363d last week from amazon for this, still hasn't arrived! Maybe I will have to improvise a mic until it arrives using nothing but household items.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Wow sounds like some kind of single-player is coming in the future.

ekim

Jeff Kaplan just reiterated on the live-stream that a competitive mode for Overwatch is going to be a part of the game's first major content update, which will probably be coming sometime around the end of June. They're playtesting it internally this weekend.

Competitive = ranked? Or is this different?

Ferny

Wonder if they'll give out skins and other such goodies depending where you finish the season in ranked/competitive.

I can almost bet this will be the case. They already do this in Hearthstone, and Diablo, even WoW. So I can bet this is the case, maybe not the very first season, but after that.

Aww, I wanted to start tanking my ELO today

Bittercup

Sounds good to me, but what about crossplay between old and new consoles? How's Diablo 3 in this regard?
There is none. Only the next gen version got the continued patch support after release. That was for whatever reasons not possible for the last gen systems, so the versions are quite different now.
I don't think that will necessarily be a problem with Overwatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom