• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

LAM09

Just got the Soldier's skin, so I need five more with only 4k coins. Looks like I'll be buying Lucio's and missing out on the rest.

Sec0nd

Oh lol. Got to Legendaries in one box. Both Lucio skin. Didn't have that one yet so I'm not too upset that it got dupped lol.

Still would really like the Soldier, Tracer and Zarya skin though. I've got 11k coins so I could almost buy them all. But probably gonna pick one or two.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Bought 11 boxes. Only had Mei skin and Torb's dance in them. Still missing 200-300 coins for 6k, then I'll be able to buy Dva and Symmetra. Hopefully I don't need to buy more boxes for that extra 200-300 coins.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Mostly played as Mercy the past few days in solo comp. It's something I wish I never do again.

"I need healing", I can see that. How can't you see the Reinhardt trying to hit a home run with me though?
I like playing Mercy too, but it's really annoying how often random people love to backseat the shit out of you for it.

"Don't res just one person Mercy, it's a waste." Sure, I'll just hang onto my ult for the entire game when I could otherwise res like 3-4 times.

Or a Rein constantly accusing me of not healing him even after I save his ass multiple times. At one point, he was dead in front of me and a Rein was casting earthshatter, so I ressed to i-frame the earthshatter and res two people at the same time. Then I have to back off and a Soldier kills me with tac visor. Of course, the Rein then gives me more shit for no heals.

Or a Winston who jumped alone and headfirst into five people, including a reaper, and went from full health to dead in about a quarter second. Then he asks me why I couldn't heal him.

Shit like this has made me be very quick to block/mute people.

Gorillaz

I don't like the tracer event skin just because I can't see hee actually laugh in that highlight feel anymore

And salute pose in the victory screen looks funny too

Back to posh skin aka goat skin

Prelude.

What are the chances?
54435o4uio.jpg

Anyway, decent event, I found 5 mostly unwanted skins, some dances, no dupes at all, so I "only" had to buy Hanzo's skin and 2 other dances and now I'm back to <3k.

exYle

I'm seeing 12PM PST, they usually leave the event open for a few hours though, I wouldn't chance it if you really wanted a particular skin.

Event's are usually over by the time I get home (5:30pm)

Does that mean double XP will extend past the event? Cause 2XP is gonna last until 11:59 PST tonight

Paltheos

Oh, I didn't mention this earlier. In my QP, messing-around grinding yesterday, I was playing Junkrat in Numbani defense. I swear to god, I must have super-triggered this Genji. I killed him several times, mostly with the prox mine, multiple times during dragonblade. The most dickish thing I did is go back to his spawn and plant trap/mine by the entrance and blow him up on his way out. He kept trying to go top on the last point, even though I was up there every time, and I usually got the upper hand. At one point, I decide to just mess around in the streets and he must have seen me as rather than attack the last point with a number advantage he decides to chase me down.

antitrop

Used coins to get everything I was missing from the event. Went from 22.5K to 2.2K. There was a lot of shit to get in this event.

Trey

total mayhem would be better if winston didnt have perma bubble. maybe make its health pool smaller. not that the mode exactly requires balancing

LiK

Anna Sleep Darts in Mayhem are the worst. I dread every time there's an Ana player who does that shit. Pretty broken in that mode. Any time an Ana does that to me, after someone saves me I will just hunt down that Ana for most of the match.

Owzers

I can't decide if I want to buy the Lucio skin, I kinda want to push a Mercy/zen world anyways.

My draws have been pretty bad overall, three skins and about six dances in a lot of boxes. At least I got symmetra, the best skin, and soldier, my current comp character.

mellow

Gonna be hard to adjust back to regular XP when this event is over

I just got a lootbox with 3 legendaries @____@ though one was credits

Bought 24 boxes to see if luck helps me.

Soldier, Hanzo skins
Genji, Lucio, Junkrat dance

Primarily just wanted to get Cruiser Dva, but the boxes got me the coins to buy it. So I'm satisfied. As much as I want Lucio and Genji's skin, Dva and Mei were the two I really wanted and I got them.

Just noticed that they actually fixed Genji's blade for the chrome/carbon fiber skins when using the gold weapons. Before the scabbard used to be white and the edge of the blade green. Now the edge is yellow and blue for each skin, and the scabbard is blue/gray in the carbon fiber.

It's probably been fixed a long time ago but I just noticed it now, when I bought the golden weapons in season 2 this was kind of annoying to me.

Game changer.

Sane_Man

Mystery Heroes on attack is just broken. I'd love to see a percentage of victories for the attacking side. I reckon about 10%.

Fix it by letting ultimate charge carry over to a new character on death.

Mystery Heroes on attack is just broken. I'd love to see a percentage of victories for the attacking side. I reckon about 10%.

Fix it by letting ultimate charge carry over to a new character on death.

I feel its just the opposite, attacking team definitely has the advantage on Mystery because the defense doesn't get to always have the right heroes to hold a payload properly so once you can actually get on the point its tough to stop

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I feel its just the opposite, attacking team definitely has the advantage on Mystery because the defense doesn't get to always have the right heroes to hold a payload properly so once you can actually get on the point its tough to stop

The biggest problem is Attack gets less ults and less efficient ults to break the chokepoint, and to some extent every character can do ok at defense, while some characters are very hard to attack with.

X-Frame

With the current meta in Competitive, are there any maps and/or modes where a Rein/Zarya death ball would be preferable to a D.Va/Winston dive team? Or is the latter basically stronger in every respect right now (provided the team all know what "dive" means).

Couldn't stand the thought of more grinding. Bought 11 fuck it loot boxes. First had a legendary original Junkrat skin. And then 40 duplicates, 10 straight boxes, seriously.

I have 6300 coins, need two skins and three dances. I think Symmetra is the one to get the chopping block since Architect is already so good.

This event has changed me.

LiK

Couldn't stand the thought of more grinding. Bought 11 fuck it loot boxes. First had a legendary original Junkrat skin. And then 40 duplicates, 10 straight boxes, seriously.

I have 6300 coins, need two skins and three dances. I think Symmetra is the one to get the chopping block since Architect is already so good.

Buy more

Note to folks: The boxes reset at their usual time, but because of double XP you're better off just playing QP or Comp since you should still average a box every 3 games or so.

@PlayOverwatch said:
It is currently scheduled to end Midnight PDT today, the same time as the Double XP weekend.

I've always been able to grind arcade boxes for every event after the reset, not sure why people think the events always end Monday night.

Overwatch has changed.

Punished Batman.

Note to folks: The boxes reset at their usual time, but because of double XP you're better off just playing QP or Comp since you should still average a box every 3 games or so.

This doesn't make sense to me, you gain the same exp (it's time based) with the possibility of getting more boxes if you get 3 wins in arcade. Why would you be better off playing qp or comp?

Asking from the exp point of view, and not the quality of games ofc.

This doesn't make sense to me, you gain the same exp (it's time based) with the possibility of getting more boxes if you get 3 wins in arcade. Why would you be better off playing qp or comp?

Asking from the exp point of view, and not the quality of games ofc.

You get less experience in arcade.

Xeteh

lmao fuck this game. Got Mei's event skin last night and was super happy... first chest today... Mei's event skin.

WHY IS IT JUST 200 GOLD?! Dupes should give the same value that gold drops give for that rarity.

You get less experience in arcade.

?

Are you absolutey sure? Because I don't think so. From what I remember from my qp sessions the exp is the same, it's always time based, longer games = more exp.

That's why people think that comp and total mayhem gives more exp, since in those modes the games tend to last much longer.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Won like 7 comp games in a roll and not getting any bonus ratings, wtf.

They removed bonus ratings. They felt it accelerated players away from their true skill in either direction.

?

Are you absolutey sure? Because I don't think so. From what I remember from my qp sessions the exp is the same, it's always time based, longer games = more exp.

That's why people think that comp and total mayhem gives more exp, since in those modes the games tend to last much longer.

Looked it up, it's a straight 10% (No Limits gets the same rate as QP, but isn't in the rotation).

10% is a lot less than I thought, so I guess play whatever you want.

The amount of players spamming I need healing is really off putting.i see why so many choose not to play healers.

I'm sorry I can't heal all 5 of you at once and make each of you priority number 1 &#128514;

Owzers

Blizzard made good on getting me one last event skin, Zarya, making four total event skins. Bought her dance, Mercy, and Winston with coins. Might buy Torbs dance...

Top Bottom