• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

My last box heralded Cyber Hanzo, I guess I'll take it.

And thus this event continues the trend where I have to pay 3000 credits to get the skin I actually want, seriously, every time I get a decent enough haul but never the ones I'm actually aiming for.

I'm still trying to conserve credits for the return of sprinter Tracer over here!

Going out so I wont be able to grind for a few more boxes.

Bought Graffiti Tracer (the streak finally ends, never got it in a box), Sombra, D.va, and Reaper's dances, and the rest of the playing card sprays. 6k coins or so.

Veelk

Banned
I know it would ultimately....maybe even instantly....lead to more problems than it'd solve, but I wish there was a mode with friendly fire on so I could murder my teammates in a fit of cathartic rage when they do stupid shit like go in with no healers against a team with 2.

Chance

Standard disclaimers: I play on PS4, Overwatch is my first multiplayer shooter, I'm not very good (low Gold), but I have fun and I am proud-as-heck of my single pair of gold guns.

https://vimeo.com/221320239

I can't make fan music, I can't draw, but I can sync up my mediocre gameplay to rockin' tunes, and that is my fan art.

mellow

I have 2970 credits ughh, I want Lucio kinda, only skin I didn't get from the event I wanted. Hope I get lucky with dupes since I'll get a couple more levels, it's rare I get less than 2 dupes per box at my lvl

Xeteh

I have 2970 credits ughh, I want Lucio kinda, only skin I didn't get from the event I wanted. Hope I get lucky with dupes since I'll get a couple more levels, it's rare I get less than 2 dupes per box at my lvl

Fuck. Why can't we trade. I got Lucio's skin almost immediately and I don't want it in the slightest. This game knows what we want and is a fucking monster.

Lemstar

Mayhem gives the most because it can last a while and you rack up so many medals. Even a loss gave me more EXP than a typical QP match. Especially effective with double XP.
That's not how it works. You get one medal bonus at the end of a match for the highest medal you get, so you get more xp/min from medals for playing shorter matches.

It ends around 7:30am UK Tuesday if I remember correctly.

Ah, well I just got enough gold to buy it, am done now, a couple dances I could use but not fussed got every skin I wanted from the anniversary even thought I started from level one and spent no ££.

I got Lucio's skin 3 times ( ._.)

Had to buy tracer's because i never got it out of 70+ boxes ( ._.)

Still missed a bunch of skins too like the shimada bros, pharah, symmetra etc.

Only dance i bought was Winston's.

LiK

Watchin Biscuit get teabagged nonstop in sleep loop right now. This is painful. At least the AFK bug seems fixed.

Edit: saved by a Genji random. Good man.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Watchin Biscuit get teabagged nonstop in sleep loop right now. This is painful. At least the AFK bug seems fixed.

Edit: saved by a Genji random. Good man.

Not when you're the one doing it.

Basically let someone go a few times and told him to stop trying to attack me.

Comes back again.

mellow

sweet, I got 150 credits in my lootbox which allows me to buy Lucio's. I think the only ones I missed from this event were Mei, Hanzo and Genji.

Fugu

So uhh...

I just got disconnected a second before losing a match and I wasn't credited with a loss nor did I lose any SR.

Gorillaz

Bought the Dva skin and tracer skin while earning the hanzo, genji and lucio in lootboxes

Can do without Soldier

I think im done with the event didn't really feel big but it did make me think of what the game became over the past year.

Chance

Event was worth it for Cruiser D.Va, Graffiti Tracer and the dance emotes. Dance parties are way better than sit-in-a-circle parties.

gotoadgo

Managed to get D.Va, Genji, Symmetra and Soldier skins. I succumbed and bought Tracer's as it's quite nice. Had to buy Sombra's, Tracer's, and Pharah's dances. Wouldn't mind the Lucio skin but I can live without it.

Veelk

Banned
You know, I don't like Soldier and will never play him, but I'm still glad I got his cyber skin since that's easily his best costume.

Which is why I hate that I got Beekeeper Mei as my last skin of the event. There's no point to it because Luna exists, but even if it didn't, Yeti hunter exists. So why does Beekeeper exist?

What's Mei going to do with bee's anyway? She's an ice wizard. The Bees are just gonna die from the cold under her care.

Blues1990

You know, I don't like Soldier and will never play him, but I'm still glad I got his cyber skin since that's easily his best costume.

Which is why I hate that I got Beekeeper Mei as my last skin of the event. There's no point to it because Luna exists, but even if it didn't, Yeti hunter exists. So why does Beekeeper exist?

What's Mei going to do with bee's anyway? She's an ice wizard. The Bees are just gonna die from the cold under her care.

Mei is a character that is focused to preserve the environment & solve the worlds global warming phenomenon. It actually makes sense for her to have a bee keeper skin, what with bees being heavily affected by climate change.

Without bees, as a species that heavily relies on them, we're screwed if they go away.

Chance

Nah it had a lot of hyyype trailers.
  • Uncharted: Zoe Fraser looks fun as heck.
  • Horizon Zero Dawn DLC WOOOOOOO!
  • God of War looks spectacular.
  • Spider-Man looks decent.

The time spent on VR shoulda' gone to indies, the time on Activision games shoulda' been a Bloodborne 2 trailer.

Sony conference was bad, didn't have any Rein or mercy skins. Why even have a show...

Since E3 has basically confirmed that nothing interesting is coming out in the second half of 2017, you guys all better keep playing Overwatch otherwise I'm going to have to do something like go outside or have a life.

Owzers

Since E3 has basically confirmed that nothing interesting is coming out in the second half of 2017, you guys all better keep playing Overwatch otherwise I'm going to have to do something like go outside or have a life.
About to get a gold Mercy weapon, we're set. My two hype games are god of s'mores and Anthem, both on ps4444. Destiny 2 looks like another expansion from the trailer. Battlefront 2's multiplayer kinda looked like nonsense. Kinda blah fall games, mordor, call of duty....I don't have a switch so no Mario yet.

couldn't decide what skin to get so i went ahead and got tracer. still have soldier but i doubt i can get it in time. only have 200 credit lol

EDIT:

Soldier, sym, and mei left. how tf can i even get 9K without buying a bunch of lootboxes. RIP.

Recreat3

Finally climbed to plat from low gold basicslly solo. I played 3 games with my hoisemate and lose all 3. I think my housemate is salty at me because he keeps losing, he has dropped to 1750ish now. I have mained lucio this season and he proceeded to tell me i need to eork on my crossfade and use speed more because lucio isnt really uses for healing.

Ha ok, i understand his speed boost is extremely useful and i use it when i need to but for him to come out and try to tell me he is basically not a healer made me laugh..and i told him that it doesnt really bother me if he thinks im not playing right because im currently sitting at 64% winrate.

Finally home, the plan was to get the 3 arcade boxes tonight after the reset but my dumb ass scheduled an interview for early in the morning

Hopefully the event and double xp stay up for a while tomorrow

HMD

So I'm finally done with the event and used up my 11.5k credits on 2 skins and most of the dances I was missing. I currently have 22/24 dances and 8/11 skins. I'm disappointed I didn't get more skins but I'm happy that I managed to grab all the dances.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Why am I forced to play as mercy every damn game... (2400 range)

I'd prefer just going with literally whatever at the start of any game, not because it's good but because it's a good learning opportunity to see what does and doesn't work, beyond just being a mindless slave to 2-2-2 and top tier heroes. Maybe your no healling team will be super good at killing their supports before they even do anything, and then neither team has healing, but you're up two heroes.

And then switching to mercy when it fails and seeing how much that helps or hurts things. Maybe you're using mercy more often than you have to.

At least that's what I'd do.

Top Bottom