• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

So, I have just recently decided to take stock of my heroes before I finally get into comp:

Best:
-Ana

Good:
-Reinhardt

Decent:
-Mei
-Mercy
-Lucio

Learning:
-Sombra

I think I may be missing some DPS :(

If I understand previous advice correctly, I pretty much need to learn a new dps hero from scratch and try climbing with them?

This is going to suck...

It's best to have a hero from each category in case people pick the chars you're good with and the team needs something. Easiest DPS to learn is Soldier.

100$ later and I officially have all the items from the Anniversary event with about 2k currency to spare.......time for the Summer games to add 50k worth of shit again

HiiiLife

I've came to the conclusion that all new players are naturally drawn to genji and hanzo. People love ninjas and handsome archers.

Paltheos

Grinding shitty lootboxes in horrible quickplay games is the lowest form of Overwatch.

At least we went 1-0 in comp.

Horrible, but effective. I pass the time by shooting for cheivos. I gained 40 levels this weekend too. Unfortunately the only new achievement I got is Power Outage because the only ones I have left are hard.

I think his internet is doing a better job keeping him off Comp.

Only had on dc today, I was impressed lol

Weird thing is that when I have a dc my net is working perfectly fine on the laptop, so I don't know what's this about.

This is why you don't wait on placements. Now you'll never do them.

And who's fault is that? I told owzers to play soldier, you guys were the ones that didn't listen. By now all off you would be in range.

Just need to be below 3000.

I'll most likely do my placements this week after the event ends. Instalocking S76 every single game, spamming I'm not your father and showing off my new gold weapon. If only he knew how to dance.

I was below 3000 all week. But we went 3-1 so now I'm slightly above. Pinku played Pharah, we did all we could to lose.

I've came to the conclusion that all new players are naturally drawn to genji and hanzo. People love ninjas and handsome archers.

My experience with Genji players is that they make a mean deflection into a forward slash. When that fails they just flop around like a fish out of water waiting for their cooldowns cuz they can't aim for shit.

I was below 3000 all week. But we went 3-1 so now I'm slightly above. Pinku played Pharah, we did all we could to lose.

dead2.gif

Got D.Va's and Genji's skin tonight. Have enough coins to buy Tracer and Lucio's skins if I want to - as much as I like the new Tracer skin I really, really like the Rose skin so I don't even know if I'd use it over the other. I'd definitely use the Lucio skin, so I'll probably just buy that one?

Will play a little more tomorrow night after the Sony E3 conference, but that'll probably be after the double XP is over so I may not get any more loot boxes before the end of the event. I'm okay with my haul, but still upset overall at how this event was handled. Hopefully Blizzard changes it up next event.

This game does a shit job at indicating where you're getting shot from sometimes.

Edit:
I can't believe I used to spend actual money on loot boxes lol

Jblanks

My Zarya is #21 right now on PSN. Pretty cool, but I'll probably be taking a break in a couple of weeks to play other games so it'll go down.

I'm still up to only one event skin, haven't even gotten 1.5k coins since the event started and haven't even had a purple drop this entire weekend. So that's nice.

randome

I've come to the realization that playing competitive in this game is making me more stressed out and causing me to have less fun that I would if I just played QP. I honestly think it's making me into an angrier person. Though I'm pretty sure most competitive games have this effect on me--I want to be really good/the best and it just isn't gonna happen.

Veelk

Banned
I just played a Quick Play match where people were communicating, coordinating, etc, while I was practicing tracer with a new control scheme, leading to tons of horrible plays.

But we win...except....

"Round 1 complete"

Wait wut. lol

HMD

Genji's dash should only be rewarded for final blows, having his cool down reset mid fight because someone finished off a target he accidentally touched with a right click is stupid. I mean it's not a balance thing it's just that it's hard to keep track of an enemy Genji's cooldowns because of it. If it's too much of a nerf I guess they can buff some aspect about him but he's just too good in chaotic team fights because of his unpredictable cooldowns.

Just unlocked what will probably be my final loot box of the event.

White. White. Blue. White. Three dupes. Because why not end it the way it begun hey?

So all in all I opened roughly 40 boxes and got Genji's skin three times and a handful of dance emotes (including Soldier's shitty one a number of times).

Had to fork out for the Symmetra and Lucio skins. Couldn't afford any more.

A pretty shitty event for me in the end.

Mostly played as Mercy the past few days in solo comp. It's something I wish I never do again.

"I need healing", I can see that. How can't you see the Reinhardt trying to hit a home run with me though?

Xeteh

I really want that Tracer skin but I'll probably end up short on gold/credits so I'll end up buying dances. Oh well, I can't complain much because I only played a bit during the event.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
2 clutch ass games for tonight.

One in hanamura where we had a skirmish in Point B that lasted 3 minutes of us preventing the other team from getting the point till we managed to wipe them out (I thought they fixed respawn rates for 2CP?)

2nd in kings row where each of us got 3 points with around a minute each. We managed to get a 4th point before wiping out shortly. Then when it's their turn to attack we got wiped out faster, but then I switched to lucio and speed boosted everyone to the cart and we managed to wipe them out in overtime.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I only have two of the new skins (Zarya and Soldier), and just pulled a double legendary box.

SAOxrVy.jpg

how

how

They even gave me a dupe voice line on top of this shit.

Grinding shitty lootboxes in horrible quickplay games is the lowest form of Overwatch.

At least we went 1-0 in comp.

Honestly this double xp weekend has really soured me on playing overwatch anymore. Competitive is fun but also can be stressful. And then theres quickplay. Fucking quickplay. I hope they never add a third dps sniper just because of quickplay. I don't know how every match manages to have at least one sniper but usually has at least 2 on each team. Its fucking horrible. Why is the fps community so obsessed with snipers? I know its just quick play but every game having snipers in it is really starting to bum me out.

Honestly this double xp weekend has really soured me on playing overwatch anymore. Competitive is fun but also can be stressful. And then theres quickplay. Fucking quickplay. I hope they never add a third dps sniper just because of quickplay. I don't know how every match manages to have at least one sniper but usually has at least 2 on each team. Its fucking horrible. Why is the fps community so obsessed with snipers? I know its just quick play but every game having snipers in it is just too much to handle anymore.

What is it about Widowmaker and Hanzo (and to a lesser extent, Genji) that makes people choose them as quickly as they possibly can?

Every damn time those are the first chosen. But why? It always baffles me. Especially on console.

What is it about Widowmaker and Hanzo (and to a lesser extent, Genji) that makes people choose them as quickly as they possibly can?

Every damn time those are the first chosen. But why? It always baffles me. Especially on console.

Trust me its just as bad on pc. Fighting against snipers is the most mind numbing experience in an fps game for me. Maybe they should just introduce a TDM mode for all the snipers to play or even those who just want to get kills. I feel like because overwatch is such a popular game it may be the only fps some people play so why not give them options since sometimes people get sick of objective based game play? I know they have custom servers but clearly that isn't a feature thats attracting enough attention.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Trust me its just as bad on pc. Fighting against snipers is the most mind numbing experience in an fps game for me. Maybe they should just introduce a TDM mode for all the snipers to play that way those who want to play the regular objective modes can do so. Because ultimately what most snipers want to do is just get kills anyways. I know they have custom servers but clearly that isn't a feature thats attracting enough attention.

Hey now. Widow maybe but you're overstating Hanzo without acknowledging good Hanzo. Hanzo is a mid range tank buster, used appropriately he can chew through tanks as easily as Reaper and has a good ult for covering objectives!

Hey now. Widow maybe but you're overstating Hanzo without acknowledging good Hanzo. Hanzo is a mid range tank buster, used appropriately he can chew through tanks as easily as Reaper and has a good ult for covering objectives!

Eh I edited my comment because I felt like I wasn't being entirely fair. I don't think its just a sniper thing. There are those who just want to get kills and is often why qp is made up of teams of just dps characters.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Eh I edited my comment because I felt like I wasn't being entirely fair. I don't think its just a sniper thing. There are those who just want to get kills and is often why qp is made up of teams of just dps characters.

Just think Hanzo is utilized wrong and gets a bad rep lol. If Widows could keep healers down I'd be pro Widow but they never do.

Did just dominate a game running 6 offense chars though. Love QP. No one counter picks

komaruR

Trust me its just as bad on pc. Fighting against snipers is the most mind numbing experience in an fps game for me. Maybe they should just introduce a TDM mode for all the snipers to play or even those who just want to get kills. I feel like because overwatch is such a popular game it may be the only fps some people way so why not give them options since sometimes people get sick of objective based game play? I know they have custom servers but clearly that isn't a feature thats attracting enough attention.
Because they aren't the bigger fish in the pond.
I remember in the past before disabling secondary fire was a thing. Ppl will be using widow smg when it was a lobby for training sniping. SMH
Ppl just don't like getting shit on by others , so they go to qp thinking easier targets since not everyone one can be available to target them.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Ouch. 15-13 today after a some tilting on my part, but for some reason still lost a net 25 SR somehow.

Oh well, could have been worse I guess. Wonder if it's because I was favored to the point of it expecting me to go 16-12, or whatever individual stats they care about were too low.

LiK

Just think Hanzo is utilized wrong and gets a bad rep lol. If Widows could keep healers down I'd be pro Widow but they never do.

Did just dominate a game running 6 offense chars though. Love QP. No one counter picks

Haha, don't play against me as Widow in QP. I'd just switch to Winston and harrass Widow players all day. I won't even let them enjoy getting kills. xD

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'm just gonna bank my points, Fuck this Game

You grind and not rewarded shit

I used to do OK with grinding and posting my results here

Don't even want to spend my 16.5K Gold, fuck that, Blizz can keep all that bullshit cosmetic garbage and shove it up their ass

I'll just play here and there, talk about putting in time and effort and not even get more than 1 Legendary after 15+ boxes, it being Tracer of all the fucking Skins, you give me the Hero skin who is your Mascot and gets a new skin every event!

Oxn

I've come to the realization that playing competitive in this game is making me more stressed out and causing me to have less fun that I would if I just played QP. I honestly think it's making me into an angrier person. Though I'm pretty sure most competitive games have this effect on me--I want to be really good/the best and it just isn't gonna happen.

This is me.

Top Bottom