• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

randome

I'm encountering more toxicity on PS4 the higher up the ladder I go. In the early low platinum range, I was honestly surprised with how many chill games I got in a row. People complimenting each other and having fun.

Yeah dude, me too. People seem to be really awful to each other the higher up I get. I had to talk some dude down the other night because he was being a dick to another guy. The other guy wasn't doing great tbh but the jerk eventually calmed down and we won. I straight up told him to be nicer because I would rather have a person who's not doing great than a person who leaves lol.

Chance

I'm kinda shit with her Halt ability too tho, I need to get better with that.

When firing Halt at a close to mid-range enemy, don't move the reticle. Hold it from the moment you fire Halt to just after you detonate it - enemies are pulled in and recieve everything you just shot - and if they need more, start tracking.

Nimby

Banned
Comp is all sorts of fucked up. Some guy analyzed 200 games on his GM account and just over 20% of his matches had someone throwing on his team, people deliberately not leaving spawn or suiciding over and over again not including attack Torbs/Syms or other niche picks.

Comp is all sorts of fucked up. Some guy analyzed 200 games on his GM account and just over 20% of his matches had someone throwing on his team, people deliberately not leaving spawn or suiciding over and over again not including attack Torbs/Syms or other niche picks.

Yeah I seen this on Sty's video earlier, ridiculous.

LiK

Someone using mouse in MH. Pretty lame. You could tell so easily. Berserk saw the guy too

Edit: FINALLY got Sombra skin. Event skins complete.

I'm still having fun. It's just annoying how I keep getting bad heroes for myself lol

Dude, if you're on comp tonite shoot me an invite.

I just dipped under 2300 last nite from the worst 2 comp games I've seen all season.

When you have 4 dps and you end the game with 4 gold medals as winston, somethin ain't right.

Second game I had 5 gold medals as Zen, we had a mercy on our team too.

Veelk

Banned
Thought you were enjoying lol

It can be fun. Or it can be horrible.

The problem, as I mentioned last night, is that unlike the regular game modes, which it ends up being is almost entirely out of your control. It's not like QP where you can blame people for playing horribly, it really is out of your control for the most part.

With some tweaks to the selection algorithm, it can be a lot of fun. Make it so you don't lose your ult charge (Which can also be low-key testing for that function in the main game mode), and implement a code that tries to select a hero that sanely fits into a roll the team doesn't have yet (if there is no healer, you roll a healer), and you'll have a much more compelling game mode.

I decide to fill in as a healer since everyone wants to DPS, and this is the shit I have to deal with. (NSFW)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJhXSZYKQrQ

I'm gonna try to climb back to Master/GM before the season ends and then I'm done with this game for a while.

Fuck that guy, the concept is very simple.... If that guy isn't surviving because he's not getting enough heals he either needs to position himself better or pick someone who can better stay with the healer(s). It's not even the end of the first round and he's already complaining... sometimes the people who play this game are just so fucking whiny.

Veelk

Banned
I know a lot of people hate Doomfist right now, but I find him really interesting. In my games, he's an unstoppable force of destruction that utterly wrecks the entire team...until he's stopped and then he's picked off until the player is forced to switch into another character.

I'm watching Apex, and it seems to be the same thing. He's either destroying or he's being destroyed.

There's no inbetween with this guy. At least not right now, when he's still new and people are still figuring him out. But it's hard to predict how any DF pick will go.

Talonz

Mystery Heroes is my favorite mode. I have over 100 hours in it. It such an untoxic mode, because nobody can complain about your comp because RNG chooses it!

Shredderi

I know a lot of people hate Doomfist right now, but I find him really interesting. In my games, he's an unstoppable force of destruction that utterly wrecks the entire team...until he's stopped and then he's picked off until the player is forced to switch into another character.

I'm watching Apex, and it seems to be the same thing. He's either destroying or he's being destroyed.

There's no inbetween with this guy. At least not right now, when he's still new and people are still figuring him out. But it's hard to predict how any DF pick will go.

Any tips on how to destroy DF? Without needing team work and coordination? I need this character to fuck off into space because he is ruining my fucking life. Why hasn't any nerfs been implemented on already? I remember Blizzard was very quick to nerf Orisa for example with her cannon damage. And DF does need nerfing. If they nerfed hog because he was a one hit KO machine then DF is worse than Hog ever could have been.

Veelk

Banned
Any tips on how to destroy DF? Without needing team work and coordination? I need this character to fuck off into space because he is ruining my fucking life. Why hasn't any nerfs been implemented on already? I remember Blizzard was very quick to nerf Orisa for example with her cannon damage. And DF does need nerfing. If they nerfed hog because he was a one hit KO machine then DF is worse than Hog ever could have been.

The most obvious is focus fire on the guy. He's got the body of a Tank without the HP to back it up. His charge punch is his one real trick that is a threat to 90% of the characters, but the moment he's used that up, a simple focus firing is all you really need to take him down. It's not even a coordination thing, I feel like teams just naturally start realizing "oh, this Doomfist is wrecking our shit, we better all fire on him when he comes out" and that's what they do, without even any communication. Once that happens, Doomfist immediately goes from killing the entire team to being the first to be picked in any team fight.

That said, I do agree that his charged shot hitbox needs to be adjusted. He makes connections that he simply shouldn't. He's gonna need a bit of generosity with that attack because if that attack isn't super effective, he's literally got nothing. But it can be toned down a tad.

Shredderi

The most obvious is focus fire on the guy. He's got the body of a Tank without the HP to back it up. His charge punch is his one real trick that is a threat to 90% of the characters, but the moment he's used that up, a simple focus firing is all you really need to take him down. I feel like teams just naturally start realizing "oh, this Doomfist is wrecking our shit, we better all fire on him when he comes out" and that's what they do, without even any communication.

That said, I do agree that his charged shot hitbox needs to be adjusted. He makes connections that he simply shouldn't. He's gonna need a bit of generosity because if that attack isn't super effective, he's literally got nothing but it can be toned down a tad.

Well that didn't happen at all in the last game I was in (nor in the most games I'm in) which left me absolutely fuming. I already hate this character so much that he is in the Tracer/Genji trash pile of "characters I hate so much I refuse to play them". Makes me wish I had some omnipotential button that would just act as a killswitch for DF and bully anyone who's playing him to change out of him. Wtf is up with his absolutely gigantic hitbox with his charge punch anyway?

Veelk

Banned
Well that didn't happen at all in the last game I was in (nor in the most games I'm in) which left me absolutely fuming. I already hate this character so much that he is in the Tracer/Genji trash pile of "characters I hate so much I refuse to play them". Makes me wish I had some omnipotential button that would just act as a killswitch for DF and bully anyone who's playing him to change out of him. Wtf is up with his absolutely gigantic hitbox with his charge punch anyway?

I can't speak to your experience, only mine and what I see. Everytime I've faced off with him, except once, he's a human wrecking ball until the team wises up and then he's nothing.

Same thing with me. I play one or two rounds where I destroy the enemy team, they decide they need to focus on me whenever they see me, and I'm forced to switch.

And that seems to be the case with pro's as well. Apex has him used by players in specific spots, but everyone eventually switches off him because they keep getting wrecked.

Shredderi

I can't speak to your experience, only mine and what I see. Everytime I've faced off with him, except once, he's a human wrecking ball until the team wises up and then he's nothing.

Same thing with me. I play one or two rounds where I destroy him, they decide they need to focus on me whenever they see me, and I'm forced to switch.

And that seems to be the case with pro's as well. Apex has him used by players in specific spots, but everyone eventually switches off him because they keep getting wrecked.

Well I'm glad someone is having better matches against him than I am. I'm just wondering why they had to make him so outright fucking good. Like compare him to another new character like Orisa. Orisa is there. You can pick her and play as her if you want. But she is in no way a super threat to anyone. Orisa seems to be there for those who just kind of want to try something else once in a while, but they're not getting better results with her on the team. And that's a character they nerfed at the beginning. Then they roll out this bad motherfucker.

At least in QP DF is doing swimmingly, and I mainly play QP because the stakes are too high to play competitive :p

Veelk

Banned
Well, that's probably your problem then. People will make stupid decisions in QP. I mean, they'll make stupid decisions in Competitive too, but they're more likely to try and win there.

QP is where the soul of Overwatch goes to die.

But as far as Doomfist goes, I think he is a good addition so far. Overwatch SHOULD have some character that can just instantly fuck your shit up. They need to have their own weaknesses, but the logic that guided the Roadhog nerfed was fundamentally flawed. Threats like him on the battlefield make it more interesting, more dynamic.

Shredderi

Instead of winning 3 games to get loot I wish Arcade had it's own smaller xp progress bar instead.

Now this is a good idea. Would make the mental need to get sweaty as fuck wins in arcade a lot smaller. I go to arcade to have fun and to take a breather but if I know that there is an extra reward to be had by winning, I'm gonna go 110% for that like I was playing competitive, and that's not good!

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Why does the game give people so much time in the hero select screen before they're kicked off the game? it's annoying how many games start 5v6 because someone goes AFK.

LiK

Fun Arcade and QP tonight. Man, DF Ult is so wonky. It can't even kill if someone jumps off to a different plane. Not a fan.

breadtruck

Because fuck Soldier.

Dont fuck with Dad. The more skins for my brah right there, the better.

So I'm at odds with Lucioball.
On one hand, I enjoy playing it (yes, really.) It seems to be the only mode where players actually play as a fucking TEAM in this game anymore.

On the other hand, the physics with that ball are pretty wonky if you ask me. Its lead to a number of heavy "annoyance sighs" from me

Top Bottom