• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

MFW my teammates bitch at me for doing bad as Reaper when I got no heals at all and my 3 Eliminations was Gold the entire round when we had 2 other DPS as well.

latest

randome

My qp MMR must suck balls because I'm getting stuck with like bronze and silver it's insane. Upside is that I'm like a god among men though haha.

Gorillaz

Lik I think you posted your psn ID but was it again? even tho I'm not big on doing 6 stacks it would be hilarious to see the psn crew at work whether it is QP arcade comp whatever

Also I think next season will probably be my break from comp and possibly the game altogether. The community is in it's "inmates have the keys to the asylum" phase. I'll do my placements and do some games that first week but with next season being the holidays and a few releases are coming up plus stuff I missed, I might just binge out on other stuff....and Titanfall 2

Really it would probably be just titanfall

LiK

Lik I think you posted your psn ID but was it again? even tho I'm not big on doing 6 stacks it would be hilarious to see the psn crew at work whether it is QP arcade comp whatever

Also I think next season will probably be my break from comp and possibly the game altogether. The community is in it's "inmates have the keys to the asylum" phase. I'll do my placements and do some games that first week but with next season being the holidays and a few releases are coming up plus stuff I missed, I might just binge out on other stuff....and Titanfall 2

Really it would probably be just titanfall

PMed. Whats yours? I just need to know so I don't accidentally reject it. Not a fan of requests from random guys I don't know outside of GAF.

Ok, I didn't know it was that specific but yes, that one. I will use that skin and never switch it. Probably a Halloween one.

Sorry, it wasn't so much the need to correct as the need to drool over one of the coolest Broadway costumes ever, possibly manifested whole cloth in my favorite video game.

It's still fucking glorious, too.
0d6a5672d14be47757de7b3e1992eb03--phantom-of-the-opera-red-death-masque-of-the-red-death.jpg

LiK

Sorry, it wasn't so much the need to correct as the need to drool over one of the coolest Broadway costumes ever, possibly manifested whole cloth in my favorite video game.

It's still fucking glorious, too.
0d6a5672d14be47757de7b3e1992eb03--phantom-of-the-opera-red-death-masque-of-the-red-death.jpg

This is pretty awesome altho now i'm disappointed Blizzard just ripped it off, lol

Gorillaz

PMed. Whats yours? I just need to know so I don't accidentally reject it. Not a fan of requests from random guys I don't know outside of GAF.
Likewise I don't add people like that usually and it's nothing to anyone it's just over the years I've only ran with a a few people and after awhile my FL is filled with people I forgot who I added years ago so I had to slow it down lol

I"m pretty cool with anyone on here adding me just let me know who you are too

Veelk

Banned
The Punchline is Machismo noticed that Reaper didn't recognize Vialli on sight, which means it's possible that the members of Talon never formally met Reaper before that night.

Meaning this is their first impression of him.

2017-07-17.jpg

Also, this

This is pretty awesome altho now i'm disappointed Blizzard just ripped it off, lol

I saw Phantom on Broadway during my high school graduation trip to NY. That was 30 years ago. I'm willing to give Blizz a pass on poaching 30 year old design work. Especially when THAT'S the work they're stealing.

God I love playing as Symmetra on Horizon. 18 player kill streak, full hold on point B after nearly a full hold on point A (where I got my teleporter twice and used up all its uses both times). They even had a Winston but my turrets were so spread out and fucking with everyone he couldn't do anything about it. So much fun. Ended up 2-1 solo queueing competitive again tonight - slowly working my way up the chain. I'll hopefully break 2600 next time I do comp.

Reaper will never have a better skin than Shiver will he?

Pumpkin King, Mariachi, and the new Biker skin all say hello.

God I love playing as Symmetra on Horizon. 18 player kill streak, full hold on point B after nearly a full hold on point A (where I got my teleporter twice and used up all its uses both times). They even had a Winston but my turrets were so spread out and fucking with everyone he couldn't do anything about it. So much fun. Ended up 2-1 solo queueing competitive again tonight - slowly working my way up the chain. I'll hopefully break 2600 next time I do comp.

Shiver's better than all of those. pumpkin king is really good though.

Wait, god dammit, did I miss a meeting or something? Since when are we referring to that skin as "Pumpkin King"? Jack Skellington is the Pumpkin King. That's the Headless Horseman.

Am I taking crazy pills?

Veelk

Banned
Hitboxes don't change with the skins.

Yeah, but it's naturally easier to aim at the big orange circle above the otherwise black silhouette. It's my favorite skin for him, but you can't take that shit into competitive.

That's a bummer, man.

Nice resurrection, though. My POTG is pretty crappy in comparison.

Nah, we didn't lose. As soon as we pulled our shit together, the other guys had no options.

And despite what I wrote, I wasn't trying to steal your thunder, man. Mei is one character I hope to get better with, so I'm looking up to you with that.

I like how people get pissy with what people pick, start to call them derogatory names, demand they change into "something useful", and then cry to the other team that the only reason they lost is said person threw the game. It's especially wonderful when it's just in QP and it really doesn't matter.

Moral is: if you feel like someone's choice isn't going to help the team, just ask them in a nice way to change. You might get the passive aggressive "well why don't YOU change" crap, but believe it or not people are more malleable when you treat them with some level of respect.

Damn, DF must be a Genji/Tracer level nuisance as support. I haven't come across him much since I've been playing more Reaper instead of my usual Zen but I know the couple of times I've been 1 punched into a wall it can really get old fast and that's considering Reaper can bait his punch out and slap the ever living shit out of doomfist when his cooldowns are on. If I see the team has a DF on a indoor map or section of one with a lot of walls and barriers I don't even bother engaging him unless he's already used used his punch or isn't facing me.

Wait, god dammit, did I miss a meeting or something? Since when are we referring to that skin as "Pumpkin King"? Jack Skellington is the Pumpkin King. That's the Headless Horseman.

Am I taking crazy pills?

One of the YouTubers I watch who plays Overwatch calls that skin the Pumpkin King skin and I kinda picked it up from him. Oops.

I've played badly for the entire Summer Games event so far, but today I got this POTG with Dva that I'm pretty pleased with.

It felt extra good because one of the guys I knocked off the edge was talking shit earlier.

Anne

Hitboxes don't change with the skins.

AFAIK that isn't entirely true. They do a pretty okay job to not mess with it too much, but there have been inconsistencies with hitboxes across skins. Sometimes they are bigger, sometimes the skin doesn't have a hitbox on a visual element due to trying to stay close to the classic hitboxes. It's why skins are banned in pro matches.

I'm sure any inconsistencies or skin issues are unintentional, but they do exist.

Yeah, but it's naturally easier to aim at the big orange circle above the otherwise black silhouette. It's my favorite skin for him, but you can't take that shit into competitive.

See, I think exactly the opposite. I'd rather have people aiming at something that isn't actually in the hitbox.

Blues1990

The Punchline is Machismo noticed that Reaper didn't recognize Vialli on sight, which means it's possible that the members of Talon never formally met Reaper before that night.

Meaning this is their first impression of him.

2017-07-17.jpg

Also, this

I really love what fan artists have done with taking the more sillier aspects of the game/lore and putting them to light.

Pfft how often do you see a Mei PotG? Wear it with pride! It was the coolest thing done by anyone all match.

Heheh.

...I'll show myself out.

"Mei-be" you should lay off the lame puns. :p

But thanks. I'm so conscious of playing Mei outside of QP or Arcade, I'm unsure if I should do it again.

Also, I don't know how I survived this one.

AFAIK that isn't entirely true. They do a pretty okay job to not mess with it too much, but there have been inconsistencies with hitboxes across skins. Sometimes they are bigger, sometimes the skin doesn't have a hitbox on a visual element due to trying to stay close to the classic hitboxes. It's why skins are banned in pro matches.

I'm sure any inconsistencies or skin issues are unintentional, but they do exist.

Wait, seriously? Wow, I could have sworn that they said hitboxes don't change. Like Zen. His only accurate hitbox is Nutcracker. Every other skin will register a hit if you shoot right above his head.

xCobalt

Can you provide any proof of this? Doesn't make sense to me how hitboxes would be affected by different skins (from a programming point of view).

Anne

Can you provide any proof of this? Doesn't make sense to me how hitboxes would be affected by different skins (from a programming point of view).

Basically it just comes down to where the hitboxes are visually relative to the skin. Lucio and Zenyatta legendary skins are the most obvious examples. Idk if they are actually different, but there are parts of the Nutcracker skin where you can shoot the skin and it whiffs clear through. Lucio's frog skins without the dreads also have weird inconsistencies where the dreads should be. There was also the case where certain Winston skins were bugged differently with the headshot hitbox bug.

Again, most of it I think is accidental or bug related, but it does happen somehow. People used to complain about visual inconsistency and weird hitbox interactions based on skins, and they ended up getting banned as a result. The only ones where I know for a fact the hitboxes were different were bugs fwiw. The rest is just not lining up the actual hitboxes with the visuals of the skins :T

Wait, seriously? Wow, I could have sworn that they said hitboxes don't change. Like Zen. His only accurate hitbox is Nutcracker. Every other skin will register a hit if you shoot right above his head.

Nah, you can fire directly into the outline of the nutcracker skin and whiff shots. It's infuriating and was one of the most cited reasons why skins should stay banned.

Basically it just comes down to where the hitboxes are visually relative to the skin. Lucio and Zenyatta legendary skins are the most obvious examples. Idk if they are actually different, but there are parts of the Nutcracker skin where you can shoot the skin and it whiffs clear through. Lucio's frog skins without the dreads also have weird inconsistencies where the dreads should be. There was also the case where certain Winston skins were bugged differently with the headshot hitbox bug.

Again, most of it I think is accidental or bug related, but it does happen somehow. People used to complain about visual inconsistency and weird hitbox interactions based on skins, and they ended up getting banned as a result. The only ones where I know for a fact the hitboxes were different were bugs fwiw. The rest is just not lining up the actual hitboxes with the visuals of the skins :T

Nah, you can fire directly into the outline of the nutcracker skin and whiff shots. It's infuriating and was one of the most cited reasons why skins should stay banned.

Wow, I had no idea. Thanks for the correction!

Blues1990

I feel like Hanzo's hitbox is waaay smaller than it looks, especially in his Wolf skins.

Meanwhile, Torbjorn's Head hitbox is the size of several small U.S. states.

Nah, we didn't lose. As soon as we pulled our shit together, the other guys had no options.

And despite what I wrote, I wasn't trying to steal your thunder, man. Mei is one character I hope to get better with, so I'm looking up to you with that.

2cc46ea5e0268243fe87ce87303276e2.jpg

Yay! :D

Blues1990

Are you telling me that beards aren't part of your head?

Torb really needs a buff to his turret building speed at the very least.

There are other quality of life changes that Torbjorn needs, but with the buffs that WIdowmaker and Junkrat had received, I'm hoping the other Defense Heroes will be up next. It would be great if the turret could switch targets if Zarya bubbled, target discord enemies, and avoid D.Va's Defense Matrix.

For Mei, I always wanted her Ice Wall and Ice Block to give off a cold radiance, so if anyone comes close, they'll slowly begin to freeze. You can't imagine the number of times when the enemy team surrounds me when I'm in Ice Block.

randome

On console no damn way torb needs a buff! What an annoying character to play against.

Side note, the fact that I have to improve my hidden quick play score is absolutely ridiculous. Plus side is that I'm getting paired with people as low as 730 SR and I just annihilate everything lol.

Can someone explain to me why people throw games? Are they just having a tantrum because they cant pick who they want? You'd think they'd pick someone else and at least attempt to do something.

Also, even though I only play quickplay, I've yet to encounter a lot of the toxicity you guys seem to.

Can someone explain to me why people throw games? Are they just having a tantrum because they cant pick who they want? You'd think they'd pick someone else and at least attempt to do something.

Also, even though I only play quickplay, I've yet to encounter a lot of the toxicity you guys seem to.

Because people are arseholes.

I had a comp game on Hollywood yesterday where we had to defend first. We lost the capture point in overtime, and the opposing side just about managed to push the payload to the end with only 17 seconds remaining.

I thought our team put up a decent fight but were just unlucky.

Prepare to attack. "Fuck this. You guys are the fucking worst!" comes a cry. He picks Torb. Upon seeing this, the others go Widow, Doomfist, Hanzo and Junkrat.

Well, that's that then. Although we weren't doing too badly and could still easily have won the game one person decides to throw and it's game over.

And it's fucking amazing, honestly, how I always end up on the team with throwers. Or the team that are happy to play with 6 DPS characters.

Gorillaz

tantrum because either the last game or the current game isn't going their way or on some level if the team isn't working together at all

Anne mentioned it and sty as well awhile ago even tho this happens in all games especially in the summer blizzard is ultimately to blame here for being so laxed on how they handled comp.That's why I say the inmates currently have the keys to the asylum and it was creeping up on them for awhile. Blizz's "let's wait an eternity and then just go to town on everything" approach fucked them up here.

There isn't much you can do right now because it's more of an attitude thing. It's like a kid in school that knows that his teacher is a pushover. Yea you can try to show some control and implement some rules now but the kid doesn't give a shit. They know they rule that classroom. In terms of "when" it's been building up but I actually think it really became obvious after the Hog hit

The ultimate cornball move in this game has to be opening a match, making a stupid push or mistake within the first 30 seconds and having someone from your party quit out and rejoin so the match gets canned.

Top Bottom