• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

at diamond and below playing ana is pretty much throwing yes. They arent good enough to be choosing her over mercy/lucio

im a good ana/zen. i just need them dps to do their job. i can't heal and they consistently miss. i'm like bitch i anti a group for you and you just look at them? okay. whatever.

i played mercy yesterday on WPG and we were defending. i was just healing winston and a couple of people (basically zen) who was sitting on top of the archway. like I wasn't really paying attention to what everyone was doing and when was escaping from the enemy team as they were pushing the payload. i went under the archway and didn't pay attention and just hit Q and got a 3 man res. the team didn't tell me they were dead at the time. i'm glad they didn't tell me to go heal them. we were a good team. lots of friendly chatting so that's why. i think they were just having fun. and the fact i did heal them quite well it was fine.

that and i didn't single res like i always do. lul.

but man. my zen is so fucked. my sr Win or loss just feels bad.

is there a breakdown how much i can get and what i need to do to get more or lose less? like my Offensive/Defense assist is consistently above 50%. it must be trans healing. how much is good enough to get me those big sr gains or lose less sr?

It's just so demoralizing. 100 SR is nothing compared to my losing streak lol. It's also frustrating that I've dropped into gold for the second time. Everyone plays so weird. I just lost a round that we should have won, and ALL FIVE of my teammates had their ults. Fml.

that's how my main on PC is.

i have an alt account that i need to get up to lvl 25 and see how i do on placement.

Turn off messages from nonfriends. Save yourself the trouble. Reports mean nothing unless there's clear evidence you were throwing or trolling.

I have been getting a ton of PS4 messages from obvious spam accounts "Singles in your area" type things. Is this common?

I am very confused by what's going on in this thread right now...

So Junkertown today?

Yeah, lots of weird arguments lately.

I played a comp match today where I could hear another player's messages popping every few seconds. It was another player on the team (a stranger) insisting that if the recipient didn't play Mercy then they would throw. Weirdest thing ever. Nobody knew why they were targeting this one Orisa.

has blizz talked about removing maps no one likes like HLC?

Not while Route 66 still lives.

The solution here, I think, is for Blizzard to adjust SR so that it punishes one tricks and rewards players that are willing to switch. As it stands right now if you stick tot he same DPS hero all the time you'll get more in winds and lose less in losses than you would if you switched characters. That should be reversed.

antitrop

but man. my zen is so fucked. my sr Win or loss just feels bad.

is there a breakdown how much i can get and what i need to do to get more or lose less? like my Offensive/Defense assist is consistently above 50%. it must be trans healing. how much is good enough to get me those big sr gains or lose less sr?

that's how my main on PC is.

i have an alt account that i need to get up to lvl 25 and see how i do on placement.
Zen profits from Elims and Offensive Assists, mostly. His healing stat isn't overly important.

Nah it was a 5 v 4. Skii died so we were down soldier, They had mercy, genji, lucio and tracer on the point. Their genji ulted and killed our lucio by the time you got back u egg.

Wow,look at how ready this guy is to link other people's clips. When he gets it done to him the salt goes off the charts. By the way this guy doesn't even play the game so you shouldn't listen to anything he says about it. HyperLUL

Nothing new to see. Just haters hating on successful people. Go back to complaining about D.Va in Reddit.

Zen profits from Elims and Offensive Assists, mostly. His healing stat isn't overly important.

healing should be at least considered. but whatever. i should probably keep track. i don't think overtrack.gg tracks %. just how many assist you get.
wonder if it's easy to figure out the %.

Pooya

has blizz talked about removing maps no one likes like HLC?

Nobody ever liked any of the 2cp maps yet here they are. They will never do that. I hope they take a lesson from hots team, they put unpopular maps out of rotation for a year even while they figure out how to rework them. 2cp is not competitive, no matter the map.

HLC is a very good FFA map imo, it's so big with many routes and 2 levels, I have no idea why half of the map is there for 2cp mode... No one will ever go to those places.

rulerk1

internet finally got turned on today so i play some matches. Ive had a nice winstreak with Soldier in QP. I might try him out in comp. i dont knwo guys maybe Veek was on to something here

Nepenthe

Remember when video games were fun?

It's weird to see everyone around me complaining about the ills of QP when I have a blast with it. To me, it's the MvC2 of first-person shooters. Dumb and weird shit constantly happens and you just have to laugh at it, especially since the lack of rankings means losses don't really count for much like they would in comp anyway. Yeah it's a little annoying to be on a bad team comp and realize from the outset you're fucked, but again, so what? On top of that, there's moments when those bad team comps have come out to shine and we end up winning in spectacular fashion. The randomness is stupidity is the fun of it all.

Granted, I've only been playing since Anniversary so what the fuck do I know? Maybe fatigue hasn't set in yet.

The only time I play attack Torb is when the first round we are on defense, I'm Torb and we dominate, so I play Torb again to get the full game stats for him.

I've never done it when we had a chance of losing.

After yesterday part of me wants to buy Torbs Golden Gun now. Sitting on like 6k currency and no one elses to buy...

Yeah, I finally have enough for a second one and can't decide. Zarya's was an easy choice but what next? Thinking either Sym or Zen as I like both characters a lot....but Sym's golden gun kind of sucks.

It's weird to see everyone around me complaining about the ills of QP when I have a blast with it. To me, it's the MvC2 of first-person shooters. Dumb and weird shit constantly happens and you just have to laugh at it, especially since the lack of rankings means losses don't really count for much like they would in comp anyway. Yeah it's a little annoying to be on a bad team comp and realize from the outset you're fucked, but again, so what? On top of that, there's moments when those bad team comps have come out to shine and we end up winning in spectacular fashion. The randomness is stupidity is the fun of it all.

I love QP as a low-stakes warm-up or cool-down.

I've never stuck with a shooter as long as Overwatch. It's getting up there with Star Control II, SF II and FF Tactics as a goat contender for me.

antitrop

Yeah, I finally have enough for a second one and can't decide. Zarya's was an easy choice but what next? Thinking either Sym or Zen as I like both characters a lot....but Sym's golden gun kind of sucks.

If you have the Sanzang or Nutcracker Zen skins, definitely get the Golden Balls.

I already brought all of my mains, so I literally can't think of who elses to get. I just brought Mei because I just really like her character and I use her often in Comp. Other than that it seems like almost every time I'm about to buy a gun that character gets nerfed (Hog, D.va)

Probably gonna buy Torb for shits and giggles (And so people will be 10% less likely to call me a thrower), and finally get Rein's since he seems to be safe from nerf hammers.

Veelk

Banned
RIP team rezzes. You will not be missed.

Not entirely. I mean, you can't deny that it was fun on the mercies side to just swoop in and give the entire team a second wind. It's totally worth retiring, but I'm not gonna lie and say I don't miss those moments.

New Mercy should still be pretty OP though, especially when it comes to Pharmercy.

Top Bottom