• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

This recent conversation really highlights how terrible the overwatch community is even when it is civil. Once people are in matches online it is the same mentality with racial slurs added. Maybe that is just competitive gaming in general though, not sure about it.

wtf goes on in ps4 ow where torb on attack isnt just seen as throwing

Hanzo and Widows all the way from Bronze to Top 500 who refuse to swap when ineffective or useless, Torbs/Syms/Bastions on both sides (Which like I said before can be effective when the enemy doesnt counter it in time), and idiots who think 3-4 Offense/Defense, a Single Healer and a Single Tank is a good team comp.

I have seen Top 100+ players who are one tricks with Hanzo/Widow/Genji and will NOT swap, even if you literally hard counter them into oblivion.

PS4 players are stupid all the way from Bronze to Top 500 Rank 1, and sometimes going way off meta is the best way to deal with it.

Hanzo and Widows all the way from Bronze to Top 500 who refuse to swap when ineffective or useless, Torbs/Syms/Bastions on both sides (Which like I said before can be effective when the enemy doesnt counter it in time), and idiots who think 3-4 Offense/Defense, a Single Healer and a Single Tank is a good team comp.

I have seen Top 100+ players who are one tricks with Hanzo/Widow/Genji and will NOT swap, even if you literally hard counter them into oblivion.

PS4 players are stupid all the way from Bronze to Top 500 Rank 1, and sometimes going way off meta is the best way to deal with it.

Offensive torb counters nothing

breadtruck

Well, I can tell you I'm on PS4, and I definitely would be pissed to see a teammate playing Torb on attack.
Same with any sniper class.

I dont care how good they think they are (in reality, they always suck... :( )

Offensive torb counters nothing

Like I said my pick wasnt optimal, but what the fuck do you want me to do with a solo healer who can't even keep me alive? Swap to healer and heal the now non existent tank role? If I have to fight around a hacked mega health pack all match my team has obviously failed in some major way.

My pick didn't throw the match, the Offense/Defense insta-picking and refusing to get off their mains and assist did. I'll heal if my teammates give me a good reason to, or are actually trying, but I'm not leaping on Mercy for Mr. can't hit a Pharah Soldier and I'm gonna spam grenades at Zarya's shield Junkrat.

If my teammates decide to adjust last second after throwing 60%+ of the game for no stupid reason, why do I have to work my ass off to just attempt to salvage what should have been an easy match?

Like I said my pick wasnt optimal, but what the fuck do you want me to do with a solo healer who can't even keep me alive? Swap to healer and heal the now non existent tank role? If I have to fight around a hacked mega health pack all match my team has obviously failed in some major way.

My pick didn't throw the match, the Offense/Defense insta-picking and refusing to get off their mains and assist did. I'll heal if my teammates give me a good reason to, or are actually trying, but I'm not leaping on Mercy for Mr. can't hit a Pharah Soldier and I'm gonna spam grenades at Zarya's shield Junkrat.

If my teammates decide to adjust last second after throwing 60%+ of the game for no stupid reason, why do I have to work my ass off to just attempt to salvage what should have been an easy match?

You dont have to do anything. No one here is trying to give you orders

Seriously. I'd rather the Widow with 400 hours stays on Widow instead of playing Lucio to shut some whiner up.

I agree mostly with this. But theres a point when theres 3+ people on a team arguing to stay as their main role (Which is almost always Offense/Defense) where everything breaks because we can't fill roles adequately as opposed to players who actually play a variety.

I don't care if someone goes off meta/way out in the wilderness with their pick, I have seen Attack Syms and Bastions winning Master ranked games today. But they worked because the team worked around them, not because everyone picked their main and said "Fuck you, you heal/tank"

caesar

Banned
Attack torb is throwing, wtf. There is no scenario where that is an optimal pick.

The only time I consider that not throwing is if they are literally a torb one trick and cannot play anything else. Then I just wonder how in the hell did they even get to 4k and probably logout of the game after losing because of a torb otp.

if it's a torb main, I don't consider attack torb a throw.

But if it's someone who has barely spent anytime on Torb in Comp and is going attack torb....usually it's a throw.

It wasn't impossible, your team just couldn't deal with it.

And thats the point. If people won't even swap to have a decent comp, how many do you think are gonna swap to deal with a full on "Cancer" comp. Most aren't, they'll just bitch and blame their teammates. Hell people still can't even deal with PharMercy alone.

I'd rather try to run some sort of cheese strategy than a random rag tag assortment any day.

randome

You literally just walk up with a rein or dva and then kill them all. A phara whos not brain dead is actually unkillable by that lineup

Oh yeah dva was the last hero lol. I dunno it was just nuts. We had a dva who helped but by they time the got from our side of the fuckin chasm to theirs even though they DMed the pharah killed her. The sym had set turrets up all behind the point so you couldn't easily go that way. The torb turret shot you while you were going either way and the orisa shield protected it.

I haven't seen anybody play attack Torb in ages on PS4.

It's a poor choice, but for my money "throwing" is intentionally trying to lose, not "choosing a character that is difficult to succeed with on attack".

Not liking a pick =/= throwing

For what it's worth, I agree with the spirit of your take, but I would never play Torb on attack unless I was feeling brave on certain KOTH maps. He can't really contribute to breaking choke points on attack and unless your entire team is built around protecting a turret on the payload then it's probably a wasted pick.

I think the more important point people are trying to make is that you need to support your team's comp. I'm somewhere north of 105 hours with Zarya, but sometimes I know she won't work given the comp.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
I've seen plenty of folks with hours invested in Torb do well on attack, especially on payload maps. But it's a suspect choice if they have zero time logged with him, I pretty much assume we've lost if that's the case.

I think the most common pick I interpret as throwing is when the 3rd or 4th DPS main on our team begrudgingly plays Ana because they know we need a healer but still want to shoot stuff. Ana is borderline impossible to play well on console, and she's certainly not going to cut it as a solo healer when used by some guy with 12 minutes on her.

Can't wait for Mercy tomorrow.

Are the Mercy changes going live tomorrow? Might get me back into the game for a few matches.

randome

Honestly between losing 50 SR for a server error and losing the two comp games after that due to getting cheesed and the other team having an insane widowmaker my morale is at an all time low. I'm so frustrated.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Save our Numbani defense round and get POTG as Rein(was originally Lucio), but be accused of throwing by team on offense when we had for the whole game a middling Sombra at best. shit community

I'm just gonna be real as hell for a second, support players below a certain point shouldn't pick anything besides Lucio/Mercy.

At the same time they automate the raid boss healing aspect so much they might not learn what healing actually is in the game.

I have lots of strong feelings about support players in this game apparently.

I love playing Zen in Gold, and I do okay with him. Not touching Ana, not ever, and I will play Lucio or Mercy only if I have no other choice (I used to play them both exclusively, and pretty much was harassed if I played anything, excluding tanks).

TL;DR- You will pry Zen from cold, dead, Gold hands.

Top Bottom