• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Gorillaz

got disconnected from server on ps4 in 4 4 tied set in lunar

not even going to attempt to come back shit is ridiculous that this is a thing still a year later

MX5agHQ.jpg

Both skins look pretty good. What's the deal with McCree's left arm though?

I hope they've made a few adjustments to the Junkenstein mode if they're bringing it back. Spice it up a bit. Maybe make it longer. The PvE modes are fun for the first couple of times but you soon get bored.

If Reaper gets another Halloween skin then Sym better too. And a bloody good one this time!

Also, early I know, but if the winter event doesn't have Mei in that jumper I'm gonna smash everything.

Honestly ive been doing that. I notice that with new Mercy i just go after the people who are actually getting stuff done.

you posting for help suggest that you arent. mercy has a ton of survivability you should rarely be the first one dying if playing properly

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
McCree is one lucky guy for getting a new legendary skin (almost) 3 times in a row.

Meanwhile, other heroes are crying in a corner.

Reminds me of a fist weapon from WoW

zp03XYe.png

That looks awfully like how my shaman used to look a few years ago, even up to the short brown bear and belt.

I probably posted that on the official thread lol, surprised I would see it coming back long after.

Cappa

Banned
McCree is one lucky guy for getting a new legendary skin (almost) 3 times in a row.

That looks awfully like how my shaman used to look a few years ago, even up to the short brown bear and belt.

I probably posted that on the official thread lol, surprised I would see it coming back long after.

Yep, poor Tracer and her 6 legendary skins.

I had a game of Mystery Heroes on Lijiang Tower the other day where we lost the first round and was losing the second round when I checked the state of both teams. They had 2 Roadhogs, 2 Dvas a McCree and a Tracer. We had 2 Mercys (including me), 2 Zens, a Symmetra and a Sombra.

Ever feel like the game just wants you to lose?

Incredibly, not only did we take the point back and win the round 100-99 but we also captured the point first in the next round and never looked like losing it, and only the Sombra died in that time. Fuck knows how we did it but it was great fun.

Azoor

I had a game of Mystery Heroes on Lijiang Tower the other day where we lost the first round and was losing the second round when I checked the state of both teams. They had 2 Roadhogs, 2 Dvas a McCree and a Tracer. We had 2 Mercys (including me), 2 Zens, a Symmetra and a Sombra.

Ever feel like the game just wants you to lose?

Incredibly, not only did we take the point back and win the round 100-99 but we also captured the point first in the next round and never looked like losing it, and only the Sombra died in that time. Fuck knows how we did it but it was great fun.

We once had 3 Lucios and 3 D.vas. we were a nightmare to the other team lol.

Oh it's probably you tbh. I found it via google, and google had this from neogaf.com haha

paperlynx

They need to do something about Mercy in deathmatch, her rez removing a kill makes it really boring. If you don't have a mercy you're asking to lose

Prelude.

They need to do something about Mercy in deathmatch, her rez removing a kill makes it really boring. If you don't have a mercy you're asking to lose
Sorry, man. Arcade can't be a fun and quick way to get lootboxes for too long, they gotta always find a way to make it slow and painful. What's that? You don't have a Mercy? You can't win. Wanna have a Mercy? Enjoy a first to 50 game.

hmm. one of my games didn't get uploaded to overtrack.
hopefully the log is still saved somewhere when i boot it up. i just want to see the stats.

Pooya

One thing that it's still mystery to me is how people that are this trash at the game still keep playing after like 500 hours, any other game no one would last this much being this hopelessly awful. This is really a new thing to me playing online games for this long. You have someone playing a game that long you expect them to have general awareness and some game sense overall, mechanic limits and micro skill are always there and that's another subject but on macro level, pubs aren't this shit in any other game. In mobas you have isometric free roaming view, I guess that helps a ton, in this game everyone has tunnel vision all the time. I'm wondering if death spectating can be improved to help players not be this stupid. People probably just watch the killcam all the time instead.

One thing that it's still mystery to me is how people that are this trash at the game still keep playing after like 500 hours, any other game no one would last this much being this hopelessly awful. This is really a new thing to me playing online games for this long. You have someone playing a game that long you expect them to have general awareness and some game sense overall, mechanic limits and micro skill are always there and that's another subject but on macro level, pubs aren't this shit in any other game. In mobas you have isometric free roaming view, I guess that helps a ton, in this game everyone has tunnel vision all the time. I'm wondering if death spectating can be improved to help players not be this stupid. People probably just watch the killcam all the time instead.

Some people play on "autopilot" without actually trying to improve or absorb more from the game. Many people after a certain amount of time playing a game just automatically assume they know everything they need to know and stop actually improving. Which is why some pro's like Seagull, constantly look for what areas to improve on and why they're always getting better. They see a replay of what they did, realize their mistake, and then try not to make it the next time.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Got Junkenstein for the first time yesterday. That's... a weird map. Neither team got the payload to completion, and it feels like everyone was just all over the place.

Also 1v1ed Soldier as Mercy (he came in from our flanks and tried to pick me) and won. I love how everyone underestimates her gun.

Got Junkenstein for the first time yesterday. That's... a weird map. Neither team got the payload to completion, and it feels like everyone was just all over the place.

Also 1v1ed Soldier as Mercy (he came in from our flanks and tried to pick me) and won. I love how everyone underestimates her gun.

i've been working on my crouch and strafe. that's how i won a few against soldier, reaper.

Windstryker has part of it. The other part is all the kids who are playing Overwatch. Most of the kids I know who play it are coming from Minecraft- specifically Battle Royale mode. The weird thing about learning video games from Minecraft is that you lack object permanence. You have a very hard time with Metroidvania-style games, where you have to backtrack and learn the map's every detail.

On the other side, they have no fear on comms, and just carry on conversations, with all the good and bad that entails.

I think this was my first battle mercy potg. Sucks that my jump button is on X because I didn't change my control scheme, having to let go of the right stick to ascend feels really awkward. But since I won't do this shit on comp it's not a big deal.

Played a few FFA games today.

Got 2nd place as Rein and Widow, 3rd place as Mercy, and 4th as Ana.

I feel like I can make this work. I think I need to remap my controls for Mercy though. Flying is super clumsy and having to swap weapons every spawn is annoying.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I kinda wish that SR was hidden from everyone unless you were in GM and people could only see your rank icon. I feel like SR is part of the problem with the overwatch community. People see low SR players on their team and they just have a really nasty attitude, they keep trying to tell them what they should play and how they should play and if anything goes wrong it's instantly their fault.

Even CSGO realized this and hid everyone's ranks from until the end of the game.

I kinda wish that SR was hidden from everyone unless you were in GM and people could only see your rank icon. I feel like SR is part of the problem with the overwatch community. People see low SR players on their team and they just have a really nasty attitude, they keep trying to tell them what they should play and how they should play and if anything goes wrong it's instantly their fault.

Even CSGO realized this and hid everyone's ranks from until the end of the game.
I brought it up elsewhere but I think the amount of info Overwatch makes readily accessible is a big part of how easy people are to flip out. From the team SR averages and knowing the ranks of everyone from the start, to being able to micro-manage and check everyone's hero usage, previous season performance, and granular hero statistics. It gives people the ammo for no good reason. In CS:GO you don't see anyone's rank until the very end of a match, and you can't see anything else about their performance either.

rulerk1

first time ive solo qued in Diamond and so many instalock dps 2/3 stacks here. The crazy thing is most of them are Sym/Mercy mains. What the Fuck

I played with and against some GM rank Sym main call lion from judeau of something who duo qued with a mercy main playing dps. How did he even lose enough games to drop to diamond? This is madness tbh

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I brought it up elsewhere but I think the amount of info Overwatch makes readily accessible is a big part of how easy people are to flip out. From the team SR averages and knowing the ranks of everyone from the start, to being able to micro-manage and check everyone's hero usage, previous season performance, and granular hero statistics. It gives people the ammo for no good reason. In CS:GO you don't see anyone's rank until the very end of a match, and you can't see anything else about their performance either.

Yeah hero usage especially is one of the worst stats to be out there on display. Say you swap to winston because you know it's the smart pick and no one else is doing it but things aren't going well and then some guy starts complaining that "why is our winston playing winston he only has 2 hours of play time on him". These stats are fun to track and they're a great way to check out how you've improved overtime but oh my god please don't make them all public it just makes people get mad for no reason.

The worst was the other day we had a gold portrait player on our team who was the lowest SR on the team and this other dude on our team just ragged on him the whole game.

I remember the toxicity that grew from people putting so much emphasis on k/d ratios in CoD4. Just bury all that shit, it does nothing but breed elitism.

I've been in so many games where people immediately pull up their teams hero usage and use other meaningless stats as an excuse to tilt before the game has even begun.

Top Bottom