• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

I still haven't received a dupe in my 827 lvl account but my last 6 boxes were all 3w1b.

Forget about yellow drops, not even a fucking purple. It's all sombra/orisa/doomfist related stuff and a player icon every now and then (I should have all of those or close to it already).

From my experience they significantly reduced the chances of getting purples/yellows since the lootbox patch. Glad I have 20k currency saved in case I really want something.

I barely played this game in the summer event but I hope to play more in halloween so I can compare the drop rates to the anniversary event (got 22 yellow drops in 115 boxes, and a shit-ton of purples).

Owzers

I still haven't received a dupe in my 827 lvl account but my last 6 boxes were all 3w1b.

Forget about yellow drops, not even a fucking purple. It's all sombra/orisa/doomfist related stuff and a player icon every now and then (I should have all of those or close to it already).

From my experience they significantly reduced the chances of getting purples/yellows since the lootbox patch. Glad I have 20k currency saved in case I really want something.

I barely played this game in the summer event but I hope to play more in halloween so I can compare the drop rates to the anniversary event (got 22 yellow drops in 115 boxes, and a shit-ton of purples).

You forced me to join Frester’s group today and drag them down, those were to be your losses.

You forced me to join Frester’s group today and drag them down, those were to be your losses.

Seems like I dodged a bullet there.

Wasn't awake at the usual time and honestly I'm a bit tired of the game atm. Last comp games also didn't help the cause.

Mystery heroes every now and then is the answer :eek:

I've decided I'm going to win a FFA match as every character in the roster.

6 down so far: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjjIgRRw2RM&list=PLgAgHFZb0avtYjGwuzqEExwxIwLYOFneW

The challenging part is not being able to switch characters if the comp is bad. I lost so many games yesterday as DVa because we had like 2 Meis and 3 Tracers on the team. :(

Playlist has been updated. I've now won a FFA game as the following:

Doomfist
Genji
McCree
Pharah
Soldier 76
Reaper
Sombra
Tracer
Bastion
Hanzo
Junkrat
Mei
Torbjorn
D.Va
Roadhog
Winston
Symmetra

I got incredibly close to a win with both Rein and Zen over the weekend so I think those are possible. I also had a great start as Widow where I was up 13 kills with second place at 9. Then everyone in the match switch to Winston and fucked me up.

hypernima

Banned
I think I need to like, hire a pocket Mercy or something. The amount of bad Mercy mains out there who can't keep a tank up is astounding. Also why would you res me in front of a Bastion sentry :lol:

I think I need to like, hire a pocket Mercy or something. The amount of bad Mercy mains out there who can't keep a tank up is astounding. Also why would you res me in front of a Bastion sentry :lol:

lol. we didn't know there was a bastion playing at the choke on hanamura. for some reason i couldn't hear him going off until the rein i res said there's a bastion after.

I have obtained a silver portrait and thus feel more than ever that I've played way too much of this game, on the other hand I got bang for my buck.
Ascended in style winning a deathmatch with PotG.
Much cooler than when I first reached diamond in competitive and it was memorialised with me me walking out the spawn of Dorado straight into a Hanzo dragon I had no idea was coming.

Kysen

Made a new account to play with friends. Insta locked lucio and all I did was stay on heal aura on the objective. Died loads and did no damage. Got placed 2500.

Schlep

As a tank main in mid-diamond, I'm honestly shocked whenever I get heals. Rez into 4 enemies with the rest of my team dead, tho? All the time.

rulerk1

i feel like every other match is some kid crying to his mom about "just a minute" or "I'm almost done". Always on my team too ugh.

I think I played against the legendary FKTComputer too on my alt account which is higher than my main now. hype i guess

Chance

A dude on the Penny Arcade forums mentioned that DPS will abandon their Mercy to death and dismemberment at the hands of flankers (Which we do, on... occasion... and I certainly notice it when I play Mercy.) So I had to upload the below.

This happened Saturday night. #notallDPS

https://youtu.be/-HxOIfkJASs

How many Tracers are gonna' body block a Mei icicle? Eh? Eh? Give it up! High five!

A dude on the Penny Arcade forums mentioned that DPS will abandon their Mercy to death and dismemberment at the hands of flankers (Which we do, on... occasion... and I certainly notice it when I play Mercy.) So I had to upload the below.

How many Tracers are gonna' body block a Mei icicle? Eh? Eh? Give it up! High five!

that's why you ask to get sticky and GA to your team

That song tho... elicited a (manly) giggle from me.

rulerk1

Never thought I would see the day where we have a junkrat but there is no shield pressure. What r these people even doing with this hero

Gg tho

I have 200-300+ hours on old Mercy and 10-20 hours on New Mercy, and I have maintained a 60% winrate throughout. I also find myself Solo healing in Solo Q so much that when I do have a 2nd heal I often make them switch because I steal all the heals (oopsie). So yeah, I would really like to Q with some of you sometime (no hire needed, just peanut butter cookies perhaps ^_^ ).

antitrop

New Mercy is ridonc

Jw8OB3C.png

rlGbhi3.png
0b1EOwx.png

24 people Rez'd in one game, 80% of deaths in another, lul

Schlep

Comp at this time of night is a joke. Apparently you can have a tank or a healer but not both. And this was a 3200sr game.

These people should stick to quick play.

leng jai

Yeah I've been playing Mercy a lot lately especially when no one else will, she's basically essential now. Seem to win 80% of them playing her, and it's fairly routine to get 15+ res' in a game, pretty insane. My SR gains are 25-30 usually compared to 18-23 with Soldier (who takes 10 times more effort to play).

New Mercy is ridonc

rlGbhi3.png
0b1EOwx.png

24 people Rez'd in one game, 80% of deaths in another, lul

Seriously. 20 rezes in a game just now, 25k healing. And was solo healing vs a team that had a mercy and ana and somehow we won. Somehow during every valkyrie ult my team would end up wiping.

Even now I'm wondering how we won that match cause it was Kings Row and our comp for attack was Mercy, 76, Dva, Sym, Torb, Junk. Then on defense just swap the Junk with Zarya...

Owzers

Frester I failed you, I lost cable/internet until a few minutes ago. If you were to lose sr it was supposed to be because of me actually being there...

Delio

Why can no one kill the Genji/Tracer diving me endlessly when i play Mercy? I swear the awareness in QP is just ugh. I want to touch comp but im kind of scared to solo Q for it.

Why can no one kill the Genji/Tracer diving me endlessly when i play Mercy? I swear the awareness in QP is just ugh. I want to touch comp but im kind of scared to solo Q for it.

Bronze-Gold is pretty much has the same thing going on. Mainly because you'll have your DPS as Junkrat, McCree and another Genji. None of them willing to switch/counter the other team's picks. Maybe a Hanzo added in there too when they decided that 1 tank/healer is all they need.

Sec0nd

Wtf is this shit? Was searching for a comp game and apparently I was connected to a match, but failed to connect to the server. Lost 100 SR and got a ban for 10 min. What?

hypernima

Banned
I have 200-300+ hours on old Mercy and 10-20 hours on New Mercy, and I have maintained a 60% winrate throughout. I also find myself Solo healing in Solo Q so much that when I do have a 2nd heal I often make them switch because I steal all the heals (oopsie). So yeah, I would really like to Q with some of you sometime (no hire needed, just peanut butter cookies perhaps ^_^ ).

Are you on the Discord?

rulerk1

today i played with Masters and GMs despite the fact im only diamond.wtf Also had to deal with more people on my team playing snipers and failing at it. Its like the dps players never play the heroes theyre good at in my games. And then they spam thanks everytime they die because they cant do anything against a shield heavy/tank heavy comp that has no pressure on them at all thanks to our comp. Boosted all of them

Got my Zenyatta FFA win this morning. Was super happy with some of the play there, especially towards the end. I kept choking on the final kill but I had enough of a lead that it didn't matter. This puts me at 18 out of 25 characters now. Pretty much all of the easy ones are done at this point.

I also had a game this morning of Orisa where I came in second at 19 kills so I know that's possible for me. As it stands, Ana and Zarya are my main concern.

Here's the playlist of my wins so far.

Top Bottom