• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Got my Zenyatta FFA win this morning. Was super happy with some of the play there, especially towards the end. I kept choking on the final kill but I had enough of a lead that it didn't matter. This puts me at 18 out of 25 characters now. Pretty much all of the easy ones are done at this point.

I also had a game this morning of Orisa where I came in second at 19 kills so I know that's possible for me. As it stands, Ana and Zarya are my main concern.

Here's the playlist of my wins so far.

I've been able to get free for all wins with all my fave characters including the likes of Zen, Winston and Orisa.
But Ana, that's the one common use character I have no luck with so I'm rooting for ya there Kor, it wont be easy.
If you want some Orisa pointers, well as simple as it sounds, shield n' halt even at close range can work wonderfully (try to save halt for the runners who'll bail when it goes south for them) and the golden armour shrugs off those obvious McCree flashbangs, Doom's punch and Mei's ice.

Both Ana and Zarya remind me how much I'd like some small modifications for free for all, namely Ana self nanoboosting and Zarya still being able to plant shields on others for her energy gain.

I've been able to get free for all wins with all my fave characters including the likes of Zen, Winston and Orisa.
But Ana, that's the one common use character I have no luck with so I'm rooting for ya there Kor, it wont be easy.
If you want some Orisa pointers, well as simple as it sounds, shield n' halt even at close range can work wonderfully (try to save halt for the runners who'll bail when it goes south for them) and the golden armour shrugs off those obvious McCree flashbangs, Doom's punch and Mei's ice.

Both Ana and Zarya remind me how much I'd like some small modifications for free for all, namely Ana self nanoboosting and Zarya still being able to plant shields on others for her energy gain.

I'm not worried about Orisa. I know it's a matter of time. I just got unlucky because i started the game facing a bunch of Hanzos and Junkrats and they are super easy prey as Orisa. But then some of them switched to Pharahs and McCrees, and that fucked me up good.

I feel like Ana can happen because she has her grenade nuke. If I just get sneaky with her I can throw a grenade at two people already fighting and maybe sneak out a double kill.

Zarya though... she has no burst damage. Winning as her is really going to be a matter of my opponents are total idiots.

I've gotten to where I have designated certain characters to certain maps though. Orisa works best on Eichenwalde. Ana works best on King's Row. Widow works best on Dorado. (all of these for me, if that wasn't clear) So we'll see how it goes.

Veelk

Banned
That McCree skin can seriously make me play way more McCree than I should with how much I suck with him.

I thought the same thing of the blackwatch skin, but I ended up not liking it nearly as much as I thought (except for his pistol. That's awesome). But a Van Hellsing skin? ALL OF MY MONEY

NeoRaider

So... is that 4chan leak proved to be real??

Identical logo, and real date:

f4WwBs7.jpg

gSrKmu4.png

rulerk1

I wonder what kind of changes they make for the event. New Mercy and Roadhog can be kind of ridiculous there. Ranked #451 dva according to overbuff. I might actually make it master

Oh fuck, time to return to OW next week!

will you play comp tho :)

Blues1990

I LOVE that McCree skin. First skin he’s gotten since last year’s summer games that I REALLY wanted.

For me, Mystery Man is a personal favourite, but I've been digging all of his new Legendary skins since the Uprising Event. I honestly can't wait to get his Vampire Hunter skin.

That's all I play these days.

Let me know if you're up to play some Junkenstein's Revenge on the PC side of things.

BTW, in case if anyone wanted a refresher of who got what:

Most Legendary Skins - Tracer (+6 additional) - 10
2nd Most Legendary Skins - Mei (+4 additional) - 8
Most Epic Skins - Bastion (+4 additional) - 6
Most Highlight Intros - Tracer (+2 additional) - 6
Most Emotes - Mei, Ana (+3 additional) - 8
Least Skins Overall Doomfist - 10
Has Legendary Emote - D.Va, Zarya - 2
Zero Event Legendary Skins - Doomfist, Ana
Zero Event Epic Skins - Doomfist, Mei, Orisa, Winston

Why can no one kill the Genji/Tracer diving me endlessly when i play Mercy? I swear the awareness in QP is just ugh. I want to touch comp but im kind of scared to solo Q for it.

because they are dumb and bad and it wont be any better in competitive. you probably have bad positioning and movement as well which doesnt help

pizzacat

Banned
Blizzcon schedule is out. Overwatch gets the arena this year for world cup. Also want to catch the 'what's next' panel on Nov 3. It's scheduled for a full hour so might be some juicy stuff (only other game getting full hour is WoW and we're expecting a new expansion).

https://blizzcon.com/en-us/schedule#fri-nov-3
I'm not really expecting much except for a new hero. They prolly have something cooking up. Maybe something as crazy as switch version lol

New Hero

A Robot called MUL-T1.
Can Tank, Heal and DPS. Ult is an ability where it sucks all characters (friend and foe) into it - damaging foes and healing teammates. It recieves a buff if it is on or near the objective.

People would still not play it

hesido

Thanks PS4 firmware 5.0, and its updated PSN terms of use update! Because these changes were so important, I was kicked out of PSN, mid match, to agree with the new terms and conditions!

GREAT! Otherwise what the heck would I do, imagine the horror if they let me play the game without informing myself and agreeing to the new terms. The temp-ban and some loss of 50ish SR points was totally worth it.

Syf

Banned
I'm not really expecting much except for a new hero. They prolly have something cooking up. Maybe something as crazy as switch version lol
I'm still hoping for a permanent co-op pve mode someday. The last ones have been cool just too small scale to stay fun for long. Lot of potential there though I think

Hero should be announced at opening ceremony, not sure what the hour will be for at the panel. At last year's panel they had Sombra details, arcade, and Oasis, and that was a 45 min slot. Seems there should be more this year

Frester

Up almost 200 SR over yesterday, all from solo queue. Had surprisingly good luck it seemed with people coordinating and picking balanced comps, even without all of them having mics.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Gosh, I love playing Winston, but he's so friggin' strong that I feel like I'm doing my team a disservice by ever picking literally anyone else. His ability to annihilate supports and direct the flow of your team's movement is just too crucial in a solo queue environment.

These days I mostly want to play New Mercy since she's super fun, but when I do I inevitably end up with tanks who never push as a team or focus Mercy, and always overextend and get picked off on defense.

Basically, I wish more people would learn to play this incredibly overpowered ape.

73% with 11 people res. the other team just didn't know what to do. i wouldn't say they staggered. they didn't know how to focus. failed res because they had one guy who had to walk back from spawn. couldn't do much since they decided to die at once oh well.

Is there ever going to be an attempt to balance Mystery Heroes? I get it that it is not going to be as balanced as a regular match but I am not sure what I am supposed to do against 2 Symmetra shield generators or 4 DVas or 2 Torbs behind 2 Orisa shields or how we are supposed to push the cart with 3 Widows and 2 Hanzos. At least let Ult charge carry over or something.

not this zarya thinking he carried. not him not bubbling me and the time he did no one was around. not even a thank you for the healing but okay. good luck finding another "good" mercy player. Not them asking for res. Always jumping in around corner. Let's go flanking expecting heals when I'm on point with Valkyrie. These are the players that don't know mercys abilities
or a thank you from the team. even though i got 21K healing. i'll just play mccree now.
Also not this reaper saying he has a mercy main account in masters and didn't want to play mercy. Bitch please. You don't play mercy
Not the dva asking for heals but I'm in valkyrie and you're the target. Bitch stop standing there feeding then.
Also they must not remember the key to ask for healing. Let's just use voice chat and make me 360 look for you

I try to be as slippery as i can but then no one comes to help me :/

you need to prioritize who to heal. honestly dont even bother healing people who position themselves badly or dps players who cant kill anything. doing so will just put you in bad position and take time off of healing teammates who actually matter. just let the garbage players die

Delio

you need to prioritize who to heal. honestly dont even bother healing people who position themselves badly or dps players who cant kill anything. doing so will just put you in bad position and take time off of healing teammates who actually matter. just let the garbage players die

Honestly ive been doing that. I notice that with new Mercy i just go after the people who are actually getting stuff done.

Top Bottom