• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

I'm at 98% ult with Zarya, their mercy just used rez, payload is almost at the winning point, I'm about to die but managed to fire my ult right before dying catching every single one of them in it.

Reaper Genji and Tracer all use their ults cleaning everything... you made me proud guys ;_;

^ didn't see you on. Stop being stealth!

LUgC9Ao.jpg

It was just two games, wasn't going to play much. I wanted to end on a positive note, it started really bad today. Since you were doing qp and kill was on a group I just went solo :p

Anyone want to discuss what neat goodies the next event will have?

I wouldn't expect much.

According to what was datamined most characters will get very few stuff (like 1 or 2 items).

Most likely a second voice-line for every single character similar to what they had in the previous events, I assume Orisa and Sombra will also have a spray and 2 voice-lines.

Besides that it will be more victory poses (the medal ones, only 9 characters got it last year), and a few highlight intros and skins.

I would say that Tracer/Torb/Rein/Winston/Bastion/Sym/Zen/Genji/Hog/D.Va/Mei won't get anything besides the voice-line since they only have one summer game item on the leak, but I guess that could change.

Blues1990

I wouldn't expect much.

According to what was datamined most characters will get very few stuff (like 1 or 2 items).

Most likely a second voice-line for every single character similar to what they had in the previous events, I assume Orisa and Sombra will also have a spray and 2 voice-lines.

Besides that it will be more victory poses (the medal ones, only 9 characters got it last year), and a few highlight intros and skins.

I would say that Tracer/Torb/Rein/Winston/Bastion/Sym/Zen/Genji/Hog/D.Va/Mei won't get anything besides the voice-line since they only have one summer game item on the leak, but I guess that could change.

With how Tracer, Lucio, and Zarya we're the leads for the 2016 Summer Games, I wonder who will be the poster children for the 2017 Summer Games event this time around. I wouldn't mind D.Va getting a Cycling skin (complete with her mech holding a bicycle on the back), Mei with a Table Tennis skin, and Hanzo getting an Olympic Archery skin (all of which are based off of their sprays). However, I would love Ana to get a Marksman skin, along with Soldier: 76 getting a matching golfing outfit for his Victory Pose.

And with how Reaper, Pharah, Winston, Widowmaker, Roadhog, Mei, Torbjorn, and Zenyatta all got Medal holding victory poses (and Soldier 76 got a Golf Swing Victory Pose), it's a safe bet that another six-eight characters will receive a new victory pose. Voice lines are a given, but it's cool that Sombra and Orisa will get some additional goodies to play catch-up with the original roster (and Ana).

This is just unbelievable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03yjGbwD5ds&t=4m15s
https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/Ching-11943?mode=competitive

Mercy OTP.

Season high 3861, 8 wins - 28 losses, is at 3759.

Damn

With how Tracer, Lucio, and Zarya we're the leads for the 2016 Summer Games, I wonder who will be the poster children for the 2017 Summer Games event this time around. I wouldn't mind D.Va getting a Cycling skin (complete with her mech holding a bicycle on the back), Mei with a Table Tennis skin, and Hanzo getting an Olympic Archery skin (all of which are based off of their sprays). However, I would love Ana to get a Marksman skin, along with Soldier: 76 getting a matching golfing outfit for his Victory Pose.

And with how Reaper, Pharah, Winston, Widowmaker, Roadhog, Mei, Torbjorn, and Zenyatta all got Medal holding victory poses (and Soldier 76 got a Golf Swing Victory Pose), it's a safe bet that another six-eight characters will receive a new victory pose. Voice lines are a given, but it's cool that Sombra and Orisa will get some additional goodies to play catch-up with the original roster (and Ana).

Seems like Ana will get some cool stuff since she has 3 items related to the summer games.

There's also another event_8, but no one has any idea of what it is.

Blues1990

Seems like Ana will get some cool stuff since she has 3 items related to the summer games.

There's also another event_8, but no one has any idea of what it is.

It's possible it could be a lore-related event, which would be pretty cool. But it could also be the Halloween event.

And, yes, Ana is due for a new Legendary Skin. Sombra and Orisa could also be getting some new Legendary skins, but I wonder what games they would represent? (Disc Throwing for Sombra? Maybe?)

Minamu

I have those blue playstation surround headphones for my ps4, not sure of their name. How viable is that mic for Overwatch, audio quality and volume etc?

taimoorh

You can't rate a match anymore in QP??

I don't like playing Ranked because it's extremely drawn out and painful when you you're going to lose because of weak teammates. Now QP is the only mode I like to play for the quick 20 off mins I get everyday to play. And too is just getting ruined. All the other modes are just infested with griefers. Ugh Blizzard!

LiK

I'm at 98% ult with Zarya, their mercy just used rez, payload is almost at the winning point, I'm about to die but managed to fire my ult right before dying catching every single one of them in it.

Reaper Genji and Tracer all use their ults cleaning everything... you made me proud guys ;_;

LUgC9Ao.jpg

It was just two games, wasn't going to play much. I wanted to end on a positive note, it started really bad today. Since you were doing qp and kill was on a group I just went solo :p

I wanted to play Comp but no one else was on to join with or they were already playing it. Kill ignored my PSN message. Ended up just playing Horizon mode and getting all the lootboxes for the week.

You can't rate a match anymore in QP??

I don't like playing Ranked because it's extremely drawn out and painful when you you're going to lose because of weak teammates. Now QP is the only mode I like to play for the quick 20 off mins I get everyday to play. And too is just getting ruined. All the other modes are just infested with griefers. Ugh Blizzard!

Rating has been disabled globally, and it never really did anything anyway. I recall Blizzard saying that it never told them anything useful; just that people like matches when they win, and dislike them when they lose.

LiK

Rating has been disabled globally, and it never really did anything anyway. I recall Blizzard saying that it never told them anything useful; just that people like matches when they win, and dislike them when they lose.

That's basically it. It was completely useless.

taimoorh

The mid-level rating meant even I won a match with bad people I rate it 2-points or even 1-point. I even used to rate a match 3-points if I lose when the game was close.

How does matchmaking work now? I've been having a long streak of losing games in the past few days. My W/L ratio is close to 1:5 or something, whereas it used to be almost 50:50 before.

Sucks that matchmaking suddenly went crap, at least for me. And Ranked is just too painfully long that I don't even bother with it. I need a more "serious" but shorter mode.

LiK

The mid-level rating meant even I won a match with bad people I rate it 2-points or even 1-point. I even used to rate a match 3-points if I lose when the game was close.

How does matchmaking work now? I've been having a long streak of losing games in the past few days. My W/L ratio is close to 1:5 or something, whereas it used to be almost 50:50 before.

Sucks that matchmaking suddenly went crap, at least for me. And Ranked is just too painfully long that I don't even bother with it. I need a more "serious" but shorter mode.

MM is based on MMR and you'll find that you are not alone in getting matched up with bad players, trolls and throwers. It's a major problem this season.

~15 QP losses in a row this evening and I had 3 golds in each one even when playing support.

I was just never on the team that could actually kill things.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Aw yeah starting the PotG train back on with my return.

Just got PotG as zen fragging out with right clicks feelsgoodman

One of them was an ulting soldier too.

MM is based on MMR and you'll find that you are not alone in getting matched up with bad players, trolls and throwers. It's a major problem this season.

It feels like with each successive season there are more throwers and trolls. Is it because more and more people are smurfing and what-not? Or is the SR rating system just borked beyond comprehension right now?

I wonder if Blizzard is actually going to do anything about one-tricks or if it's just going to be like this forever.

LiK

It feels like with each successive season there are more throwers and trolls. Is it because more and more people are smurfing and what-not? Or is the SR rating system just borked beyond comprehension right now?

I wonder if Blizzard is actually going to do anything about one-tricks or if it's just going to be like this forever.

Combination of people who got boosted and smurfing, imo. And probably players who just don't give a shit about winning in the game anymore.

Anne

I skipped a season and half and I still feel like it's always the same complaints lol.

Honestly it's the same shit as before, but it's gotten increasingly worse overtime to the point where most of the GM+ players I know all quit or don't play very often anymore.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Honestly it's the same shit as before, but it's gotten increasingly worse overtime to the point where most of the GM+ players I know all quit or don't play very often anymore.

Huh alright. I have met a fair few so far even at my low rank but it's nothing too crazy.

I'm watching videos on Overwatch of toxic players and it's pretty infuriating. Lots of "I'm top 500, this is my alt account so I don't care." A girl playing Mercy who got pissy and said "I'm only going to heal this guy because he sounds hot." Guy throwing because he didn't get Nanoboosted during one teamfight.

I don't understand people. I really don't.

Combination of people who got boosted and smurfing, imo. And probably players who just don't give a shit about winning in the game anymore.

I guess without any rewards beyond getting to a higher level people just don't care about rank anymore. They need to do something about boosting/smurfing, as well as give people something to do with competitive points beyond gold weapons.

It's weird because I would have expected that the people who enjoy the game to keep playing a year in, while the toxic throwers/trolls would have moved on to some other game by now.

Anne

It's weird because I would have expected that the people who enjoy the game to keep playing a year in, while the toxic throwers/trolls would have moved on to some other game by now.

It's not really the trolls and throwers that are complained about the most. Like, yeah throwing happens but it's actually not as common as people say it is. It's too common, but not like once a night when I played.

Inflated as hell SR with a range of people abusing the ranked system makes match quality so bad that you might as well have throwers on your team though. Maybe I play OW all night and only get a couple of good matches in. That's not worth the time or effort.

It's not really the trolls and throwers that are complained about the most. Like, yeah throwing happens but it's actually not as common as people say it is. It's too common, but not like once a night when I played.

Inflated as hell SR with a range of people abusing the ranked system makes match quality so bad that you might as well have throwers on your team though. Maybe I play OW all night and only get a couple of good matches in. That's not worth the time or effort.

Ahhh. Gotcha. Yeah I can understand that. I've been Gold/Plat range every competitive season and I would like to play with people who are competent if I made it to Masters/GM. Most of the toxic player videos I've watched have been people in Master/Grandmaster who have no idea how to play the game and it's kind of ridiculous how many people have gotten that high.

MKIL65

BREAKING: OW player named Mercy instalocking Mercy. and doing a piss poor job at it.

I've met 2 today, that both held onto their ult 4 minutes into the match. InternalScreaming.jpg

What a waste of a character slot. It's essentially 6v5. You cannot win. Lucio and Zen can contribute so much more.

Fuck, I would rather go 6 DPS at this point, over having a single Mercy on my team.

rulerk1

hmm i complained about DM first then everyone else hated its. Complained about Mercy mains causing the games to be 5v6 and now everyone jumps on that hate train. I should complain about Sombra being picked rarely to increase her usage next

LiK

We've complained about Mercy mains since launch. The problem now is they're trying to play other heroes and doing badly lol

We've complained about Mercy mains since launch. The problem now is they're trying to play other heroes and doing badly lol
Can they at least whip out their pee shooter. I seen some just run around like headless chickens lmao. Probably don't release they have a secondary weapon

Nimby

Banned
Hey, I think I was OG at complaining about mercy mains LOL.

Mercy one tricks are so popular at masters/GM that you can get 2-3 on the same team. And they can't play anything else.

Edit: And then you get the infamous clip: 2 Mercy mains arguing over who was actually boosted

Roadhog's gun anim looks kinda messed up now

It's not terrible but it doesn't seem to have the same flow other animations have, presumably because it was designed to be played back at a much lower speed

Nimby

Banned
So is it a problem of this season where mercy gets unreasonable SR gains?

Yep, saw a Mercy main on stream yesterday who was 3000 season 4, and climbed to GM in the 2-3 weeks comp has been available. Probably said that earlier this page too.

Didn't get to see their winrate, but you really got to question how a Mercy with a 46% winrate with like 2 minutes on other heroes can be a GM ranked player. It's insanely common.

LiK

There needs to be changes to rez being an important stat. Make it more about healing and surviving instead. Guess Blizzard will need to come up with a solution or Comp will end up going downhill with these boosted OTPs.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So is it a problem of this season where mercy gets unreasonable SR gains?

And it seems like the situation rewards mercys who intentionally let the team die 5-6, so that she can get those big Rez stats while the team dies 6-6 all over again because they're all out of position and disoriented, and punishes the mercys that actually try to heal the team and give a 1 or 2 man tempo rez to an important teammate with ult ready.

What's the best place to look for LFG and LFM for Competitive? A friend and 1 are looking for a communicative, positive, Mercy/Support main between 2500-2900. It's amazing how hard that is to find.

Nimby

Banned
Seagull just got so tilted. He kills Mercy and 2 others with Dragonblade, says over mic "Mercy's down no res." Lucio drops the beat. Enemy Genji kills 5 with his ult after beat, including high energy Zarya with personal.

Top Bottom