• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saving Concord. A prescription for Firewalk to save their burning wreck...

How many of the 8 fixes described in the OP do you think could help Concords player numbers?

• 0 - I am certain Concord is DOA.

• 1 - 3 of them are good ideas.

• 4 - 6 of them are good ideas.

• 7 or 8 of them are good ideas.

Results are only viewable after voting.

hinch7

Example:

Pu3i5JG.jpeg

fN4fscx.png

I think most people would rather have image 2 over image 1
Bootleg GOTG characters and also ripping off Trigun design now. These guys have no shame.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
What other game modes do they have to show for the full release. And BTW, keep your smug sense of superiority to yourself. You've already shown your idiocy with these threads many times over.

Its a very simple question.
He makes bunch of idiotic thread (like This) and he thinks his clever about it and people call out his idiocy and like always he tries to damage control with follow up threads…..this guy never learns.

I don’t know how Valorant does it, but I never got a feeling of purpose in the beta. Maybe it’s so tightly woven into the vignettes (which they for some reason think are USP-worthy, and I think that’s a miscalculation) that it was impossible to communicate a sense of story in the beta, but what are they even fighting over? Given the hero aspect, I’d expect some sense of purpose.

Thread should be retitled: 'Saving Men_in_Boxes Men_in_Boxes from delusions of grandeur'

I wouldn't take it personally, he's a bit of a troll, sometimes he actually makes some very valid points, other times he's winding you up. I know Danjin44 Danjin44 literally gets upset at every thread he makes :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I don't but wouldn't be suffering a fool either. Ah sure ya know yourself like (token irish expression)

3. Stop giving XP rewards out to the losing team. Incentivize winning.
Fastest way to kill a modern multiplayer game. This is an out of touch take.
4. Voice lines should teach players core concepts of the game. Tanks should say "Drop that heal pad near me and stay close." Flankers should say "Let me get into position before you push."
Overwatch did this and it was a great idea.
8. Go F2P ASAP.
Yes.

Also I'll add number 9: Tell players you are hard at work on a single player/co-op mode.

And it doesn't even need to be full on PvE, it can be single player/Co-op challenge trials like Quake 3's campaign or Perfect Dark's multiplayer. That way players can also learn a map better with these creative trials. It can even be randomized a little to encourage more play.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Fastest way to kill a modern multiplayer game. This is an out of touch take.
OK fine!

Reduced XP for the losing team and 0 XP for the lowest performing player on the losing team. This will encourage players on the losing team to fight until the bitter end lest ye earn the goose egg of shame.

Carrots plus sticks are more effective than just carrots.

OK fine!

Reduced XP for the losing team and 0 XP for the lowest performing player on the losing team. This will encourage players on the losing team to fight until the bitter end lest ye earn the goose egg of shame.

Carrots plus sticks are more effective than just carrots.
Still won't work. You need that casual fanbase for a game like this to live in today's world. I know how people here feel about participation awards but the answer shouldn't be punishment. That's just taking the easy 'opposing' viewpoint.

The answer should be more options for those lower end players, which means more gameplay modes that suit their level i.e. the co-op idea I mentioned earlier.

Overwatch Arcade Mode had a healthy community thanks to Blizzard realizing this. Hell it even kept me on the game for much longer than I would have stayed, because it was damn fun. They screwed up everywhere else.

Aaron Olive

I tried to give Concord a fair chance and i’ve put in 35Hrs into the Beta and had a few kick-ass moments where I saved the team by going 26 and 3 in trophy hunt but
Z53H8K7.png

the best thing PlayStation can do to save Concord is not release it on the 23rd next month in the state that it is in! just delay it until they come up with a better plan but if they do continue to the 23rd date it’s already ☠️ and should go straight to PS+ or F2P very soon.

1. TTK is too long and variable at times.
2. The Destiny respawn timer needs to go, it takes 14 seconds to get back in the game after death or maybe add a hardcore instant mode.... to speed up engagement with enemies?
3. The matching system needs COD style lobby where we can vote for maps and game types.
4. When players leave your team it ruins any chance of winning due to the game not replacing open slots.

The beta is also majorly unfavorable by the majority of the players that participated in the short 8 day beta. 🙄

2MSadi8.png

Final words… while Concord looks great with the use of UE5 and I salute the hard work of the animation team because it is the most impressive thing about Concord,
the UI needs some refinement and the gun play some needs tweaking. I suggest anyone considerably on the fence about purchasing Concord at launch to use a wait and see approach!

Last edited:

Fbh

Gold Member
Delay it and fire the creative/art leads.
Make it F2P.
Re-reveal it at a later date with a new look and style
And yes I agree they need to do more to make people actually want to win (and not leave the game).

The problem with making it F2P as it is is that you still need to make money. And in the F2P model a significant part of the money comes from cosmetics (which are sold directly or/and obtained through battle passes). And no one will want to buy cosmetics for these boring and ugly ass characters.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
I tried one match and I couldn't choose a character by the time limit.

They are so unappealing I couldn't choose a damn character by the time limit, what an atrocious cast of stinky farts.

The fashion of the future is to be an alien that has pronoun, covered in swimming inflatable bands. I uninstalled right away. 1 fart out of 5 on PSN.

cf344eQ.png

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I tried to give Concord a fair chance and i’ve put in 35Hrs into the Beta and had a few kick-ass moments where I saved the team by going 26 and 3 in trophy hunt.
Z53H8K7.png

The best thing PlayStation can do to save Concord is not release it on the 23rd next month in the state that it is in! just delay it until they come up with a better plan but if they do continue to the 23rd date it’s already ☠️ and should go straight to PS+ or F2P very soon.

1. TTK is too long and variable at times.
2. The Destiny respawn timer needs to go, it takes 14 seconds to get back in the game after death.
3. The matching system needs COD style lobby where we can vote for maps and game types.
4. When players leave your team it ruins any chance of winning due to the game not replacing open slots.

The beta is also majorly unfavorable by the majority of the players that participated in the short 8 day beta. 🙄

2MSadi8.png

Final words… while Concord looks great with the use of UE5 and I salute the hard work of the animation team because it is the most impressive thing about Concord,
the UI needs some refinement and the gun play needs tweaking. I suggest anyone considering buying this at launch to avoid!

For me just watching vids and images, game and art are nothing special, but I said it before somewhere that the character select animations and lip synching look top notch.

But for the scoreboard image you pasted, thats one ugly scoreboard. Ugly and tiny fonts. You can barely tell the difference between a 5 and 6, and an 8, 9, 0. And the Level count has leading zeros making it cluttered. It has 3 digits though so I'm assuming players can level up to 100 or more.

Even though your image is smaller in size than real life, good luck seeing the upper right XP count tracker. Squinting, I think it says 48,555 / 100,000.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
For me just watching vids and images, game and art are nothing special, but I said it before somewhere that the character select animations and lip synching look top notch.

But for the scoreboard image you pasted, thats one ugly scoreboard. Ugly and tiny fonts. You can barely tell the difference between a 5 and 6, and an 8, 9, 0.

Even though your image is smaller in size than real life, good luck seeing the upper right XP count tracker. Squinting, I think it says 48,555 / 100,000.

True.

I'm a bit bias cause love single player games, so with how great the animations and characters look, I'm more interested if this was a single player type thing. I never get the whole story or narrative angle in these types of things. I don't even know why some developers think thats what we want lol

I play single player cause its focus on just that

I play MP games cause its focus on JUST THAT, I'm even ok with BF2024 just getting rid of the single player thing altogether. If they can't do it, I don't want some half measure or something.

Aaron Olive

But for the scoreboard image you pasted, thats one ugly scoreboard. Ugly and tiny fonts. You can barely tell the difference between a 5 and 6, and an 8, 9, 0. And the Level count has leading zeros making it cluttered. It has 3 digits though so I'm assuming players can level up to 100 or more.

The font you choose, size and color is totally customizable, so I changed the type, the size and color to blue as I play on a 77" C1. It is totally legible for my eyes.

Last edited:
A lot of games these days launch with little to no innovation in them. The First Descendant launched as a carbon copy to Warframe, yet it has a huge pool of players. Xdefiant launched as a cookie cutter modern FPS, similar to COD, only that it has connection based match making rather than SBMM, and it has numbers.

And I wasn't comparing TLOU to Concord, read properly.

They deserve to be shut down? Its just a game man, get a grip. No need to carry pitchforks and wish ill upon the livelihoods of others. There are other worse things in this world, developing a bad product doesnt justify all this vitriol.
Yes, First descendant and Xdefiant didnt push DEI like Concord.

Again, comparisons that dont make any sense.

They do deserve, its their first game and they a) dont have control over their product b) are more interested in agendas than making a good product. In fact, I doubt they will keep the doors open after this fiasco, and it should serve as an example.

We dont need companies that dont care for the player.

Last edited:

Neolombax

Yes, First descendant and Xdefiant didnt push DEI like Concord.

You're ignoring the reason.

The issue isnt DEI, its how generic it is, exacly why there is no talk about it, because there is nothing to talk about apart from its DEI agenda. The mechanics and gameplay arent bad, they are mid, not worth discussing.

So which one is it?

I suggest you start with your own posts.

GymWolf

Gold Member
They can't rework the characters because doing that will get all the woke media will go after Sony for catering to the so called "racist misogynist straight white male" audience.

Sony is basically stuck between a rock and a hard place with Concord.

The only way out of this mess is to let the IP completely die on its own in the pits of DEI hell.
Media can't be too harsh with sony, they still need sony to provide the games, the previews codes, the invites to events and shit, they are not a small dev, they are one of the big 3, and the woke mobs on twitter has no real power against a multi billionaire company, let's be real.

Cyberpunk got great reviews and they were in battle with the woke mobs (same for hogwarts), so clearly being not so openly woke doesn't really make your games score lowers in the big scheme of things (you are always gonna have some deranged activist writing for a shitty site that is included in the mc)

Sony is just a fucking chicken, they know they are keeping the knife from the handle, it's not the opposite.

For every woke retard bashing sony on twitter, you are gonna have 1000 people cheering for them.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
I tried one match and I couldn't choose a character by the time limit.

They are so unappealing I couldn't choose a damn character by the time limit, what an atrocious cast of stinky farts.

The fashion of the future is to be an alien that has pronoun, covered in swimming inflatable bands. I uninstalled right away. 1 fart out of 5 on PSN.

cf344eQ.png
Lmao that happened to me the first time i tried the beta, in the end the game automatically chose the less offensive, just a generic dude with football protection gear and a rifle :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:
Top Bottom